Su-22M4 comming to DCS

Go to solution Solved by SVKSniper,

The marketing campaign has already started! 😅

YcBKRNNh.jpg

• Like 7

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 4 weeks later...
Am 28.5.2021 um 11:09 schrieb SVKSniper:

Here is the Friday update. I finishing two other skin(one for Russia and one for Ukraine). After this i checking material and updating for DCS ver 2.7.

R9VDXx0.png

lLyJuQx.png

During this process i starting making 3d cockpit(starting with placeholder). You can see on screen with basic textures and making simple Lua script for animation in the cockpit.

Again, thank you for support and comments!! 👍

Holy cow! 😍

What a beauty!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

After a long time and your questions, I bring you a short update. Work on the project continues, but due to several factors it has slowed down a bit (the holidays have started for children and even the hot days do not allow me to sit so much in front of the computer). But I also have good news for everyone and I hope they enjoy it ... The 3D scan of the cockpit is complete and I hope that in the next month or two, I could start modeling the cockpit. So far I bring you one picture ...😉

Thanks for your interest and comments on this project! 👍

5Wc6VgN.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered your work of art @SVKSniper. Looking very good! 

Do you have any plans in getting official 3rd party status in the future? 

Keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On 8/1/2021 at 8:37 PM, Gierasimov said:

I just discovered your work of art @SVKSniper. Looking very good! 

Do you have any plans in getting official 3rd party status in the future? 

Keep up the good work.

First of all, thank you for the comment! Yes, it is my goal to bring this aircraft to the community as a fully functional module. But as you know, it's a long process. Among other things, this year I started experimenting with photogrammetry and creating a 3D model using photos. Here is one of my beginnings (it's a render of the Migu-23 cockpit in 3ds max). another milestone will be to revive all systems in the cockpit, and of course this is not possible without the SDK from ED. So there are two ways, either cooperation with the ED team or with some team of third parties. But so far it's all about 3d modeling of the aircraft and some of its armament components ....

MKNKJfA.jpg

UBNQ428.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SVKSniper said:

First of all, thank you for the comment! Yes, it is my goal to bring this aircraft to the community as a fully functional module. But as you know, it's a long process. Among other things, this year I started experimenting with photogrammetry and creating a 3D model using photos. Here is one of my beginnings (it's a render of the Migu-23 cockpit in 3ds max). another milestone will be to revive all systems in the cockpit, and of course this is not possible without the SDK from ED. So there are two ways, either cooperation with the ED team or with some team of third parties. But so far it's all about 3d modeling of the aircraft and some of its armament components ....

MKNKJfA.jpg

UBNQ428.jpg

Good stuff. MiG-23? Lol, perhaps you should help out Razbam as well... thanks for your reply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 5 weeks later...

Honestly looking really good, coding is always going to be hard for moders because of how the SDK is controlled. The quality of work done so far is honestly very impressive and I would hate to have to do what your doing with this. I recently started learning how to code for mods and have lost control myself in trying to create an efm for a mig 23 (Probably will never finish but I will try.). To each their own and a tip of the hat.  

• Thanks 1

September Update

Dear pilots, I know that you are expecting news and watching how my project is developing. Today I bring you news with a sequel to the cockpit. The process is a bit longer and at the beginning there were about 400 photos of the cockpit .... The photogrammetry process will be ready soon and the model ready for export to 3ds max. After exporting the model and textures, I will start modeling the cockpit and gradually modifying the textures for the High poly model. Clickable cockpit animations will follow. To give you an idea, I bring renders created using only 70 photos (of course, the more photos the better the 3D model you can use with photogrammetry).

Thanks for your support, followers and comments !!

8FwevTe.jpg

jVKEU0W.jpg

7Jt81Tq.jpg

• Like 15

А сколько на это времени уходит? От начала работы и до готовой модели в 3DMax?

А то я как раз тоже этот кокпит моделю. Но по- простому, врукопашную и на глазок.Su-17M4_21.09.11_02.jpg

Edited by Araks
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It depends on how long you can work on the model, but normally it takes about 8 months to a maximum of 1 year. So if we include 3d modeling with textures and animations for switches and buttons.

It looks different than I looked at your model, but it can be seen that the dimensions do not match the real dimensions of the cockpit (also another type of sight). But otherwise I keep my fingers crossed for you!

Therefore, more and more slowly it will be a standard, using 3D scanning or photogrammetry to create models where you adhere to the exact dimensions of a real aircraft. I am also constantly learning and trying to use everything that will facilitate the work on creating models ..... thanks again, for all the comments and likes!

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Araks said:

А сколько на это времени уходит? От начала работы и до готовой модели в 3DMax?

А то я как раз тоже этот кокпит моделю. Но по- простому, врукопашную и на глазок.Su-17M4_21.09.11_02.jpg

Uuuuuffff that's the perfect pit for a MIG-27 also very nice looking.

Edited by MEBF109

Only one reaction to Araks. For starting your 3d modeling skills its good  but for new standard to DCS and more simulators its bad( examplewhat i see:  cockpit proportional its bad....yes some switch looks good but some parts of cockpit its diferent to real cockpit....the same with panels....its not bad but proportional to real cockpit its problem and if you fly with VR and you know how looks real cockpit you see what is diferent in your 3d model cockpit....i start modeling looong time and every day i learn how to increase the quality of my work....). sorry if it was something you didn't want to hear but unfortunately so i see your work....

And please return to the main topic.....

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SVKSniper said:

Only one reaction to Araks. For starting your 3d modeling skills its good 

I started 3D modelling 20 years ago

17 hours ago, SVKSniper said:

i start modeling looong time and every day i learn how to increase the quality of my work....

How many cockpit have you created for that loooong time? Where are they? Where can we see your great cockpit models to enjoy perfect proportion?

Edited by BIGNEWY
removed other sim reference 1.15