Mesh Factory

Poko24

I bought thier whole catalouge on DVD a few months ago, its an unbelieveable steal (500+ meshes) for the price (200$), and the quality of the meshes. One warning, however, I would steer clear of the .3DS format, its notoriously problematic with most new 3D applications, since its such an old format. .MAX is proabably the better alternative (and since most of you guys are interested in replacing LO models, MAX is probably the format to use, since the plugin for lomac works with 3DSMAX).

mesh factory's models are indeed great but i think there are two potential problems

1.) IIRC, The poly count is really really high. So it would take a while for a person to reduce the poly count to around lock on standards (50k-100k)

2.) The copyright is a little bit grey. I remember reading that we have to dramitically change it so it shouldn't be recognizable to the original model. If we do public ditribute it (which we have to if we are replacing a lock on model for the community), we have to make sure it cannot be altered to the original max format (such as the .lom format)...etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2.) The copyright is a little bit grey. I remember reading that we have to dramitically change it so it shouldn't be recognizable to the original model. If we do public ditribute it (which we have to if we are replacing a lock on model for the community), we have to make sure it cannot be altered to the original max format (such as the .lom format)...etc.

30% I believe can't be the same but this is recreation of real thing so they have to be very very similar.