WMR Settings tip

Quekel

All,

I've been playing around in VR with multiple games. ( samsung oddeysey + )

DCS, Assetto Corsa, X Plane and IL2

All require a different approach.

When you go to Control Panel -> Mixed Reality -> Experience options ( Change ) and set it to 60Hz

When setting it to 60Hz you lose some quality but the ingame settings and antialising you can up much more this way!

Now go to your: \Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings folder and open default.cfg.

The top should look like this! Make sure you removed the slashes in front to activate it.

// Motion reprojection doubles framerate through motion vector extrapolation

// motionvector = force application to always run at half framerate with motion vector reprojection

// auto = automatically use motion reprojection when the application can not maintain native framerate

"motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

When setting it to motionvector you lock the frames half of your WMR display.

When 90 it goes to 45 and when 60 it goes 30.

For DCS and X-Plane im happy enough with 30FPS, there are no stutters and I can activate MSAA and a higher visibility.

It takes some time playing what you prefer but its totally worth it.

So every game requires a different approach, i made this list for example so I can set them prior to what game i launch.

Assetto Corsa Single 90Hz Auto Current settings

Assetto Corsa Races. 60Hz Auto Current settings

DCS World 60Hz MotionVector Current settings

X Plane 60Hz Motionvector Current settings

i7 4790K 4.0Ghz / GTX1080 ZOTAC EXTREME PLUS / 16 GB DDR3 / SSD

A10C BF109 F14 F18 F5E FC3 HARRIER KA50 M2000C P51 SPITFIRE VIGGEN / NEVADA NORMANDY PERSIAN GOLF / WW2 ASSET

https://combatflight.nl/ De grootste Nederlandstalige DCS community

VR must have

I can't cope with 60Hz, others will differ. 45fps with reprojection to 90 is much preferable for me.

Intel i5 8600K 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro · TUF Z370 Pro · HP Reverb Pro · 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 1Tb SSD · 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Thrustmaster Warthog . JetSeat

Yes, FOV is reduced a little, but for DCS and X-Plane i can deal with some losses to gain better sharpness and more objects and visibility.

I can run PD1.2 with MSAA 2x enabled, 90% trees, visibility on high and maintain a steady 30FPS with no stutter.

You will notice the artifacts when looking to the wing more while rolling, but to be honest you dont do it that much.

On X-plane i fly with True Earth Orbx, objects on high and antialising and FXAA enabled. No Stutters at all! Love X-plane VR there!

You dont notice that much decrease going from 90Hz to 60Hz there

On IL-2 it is not ideal at all, there it's better to stay on 90Hz.

Still testing there...

i7 4790K 4.0Ghz / GTX1080 ZOTAC EXTREME PLUS / 16 GB DDR3 / SSD

A10C BF109 F14 F18 F5E FC3 HARRIER KA50 M2000C P51 SPITFIRE VIGGEN / NEVADA NORMANDY PERSIAN GOLF / WW2 ASSET

https://combatflight.nl/ De grootste Nederlandstalige DCS community

VR must have