Forrestal Progress

fl0w

I've been wanting to ask about this more and more for a while now.

Ever since we have been getting more information form ED about their upcoming DCS: Supercarrier, I have been wanting to ask more about the Forrestal, Ranger, Saratoga and other ships that we would be getting for free with the Tomcat. I am very happy with the progress that the HB team has been making so far, and bugs have always been a high priority for a module before content, but is there any new information to come before us on this? I am very excited about this and being able to go under a deck, have animated deck crew, and etc.

So far what we've seen:

(USS Ranger Deck Crew)

stirling-rank-crew-01.jpg?1514520960

stirling-rank-deck-crew-render.jpg?1462152620

(USS Forrestal)

18194191_708576325996655_861186549724391437_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQkBjhe8dNuhVQ87gb04L80rmVvrTKOZSaxsoVIOu_wgWyaAfJxYE49A9ncsd7EUdUg&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=d542801bec3cc520bf671c2534bf5a28&oe=5DC8F0A1

37327779_937652639755688_9041181671642103808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQlERxio33CrDa79_euqEFYWYbqR5LAfkSgLIpyC_TvmZ3xifQ_5Q3S8y7_FTU7R0BM&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=4cbbc8b512400f9d4f4a90b5beaafb79&oe=5DD0AFC2

Any news on this would be great. I imagine it has to be running in parallel with the Super Carrier DLC so we may not hear anything for a while longer

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

News on this would be great.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wont hold my breath, as I have previously been dissapointed with the Viggen .. when the promised Draken AI and full Campaign were never delivered.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I wont hold my breath, as I have previously been dissapointed with the Viggen .. when the promised Draken AI and full Campaign were never delivered.

The developers have told us that the campaign for the Viggen is about complete. The Draken AI though, I am quite sad to not see stuff on. But they are busy with the Tomcat, so I do give them the benefit of the doubt like all 3rd parties.

Hi guys, just got around to answer this. All these things are currently work in progress, the A version, the Forrestal, the Viggen Campaign, the Draken AI, but atm we still prioritize bug fixing. Our apologies that we cannot give any estimates or dates yet.

While new content is of course exciting and much awaited, and we understand that, we also want to give you a solid foundation to use it on. I hope that makes sense. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Honest question about the bug fix priority:

Recently many bugs that have been introduced have not been 3rd party bugs, but rather something ED has changed in the core sim that has affected a 3rd party module, with ED failing to communicate the relevant changes to the 3rd parties. Basically the 3rd party devs are frequently playing catch-up with ED and trying to figure out what is a bug with their code vs. what's a bug with ED's code that just happens to affect their module.

My concern is things never progressing--or progressing extremely slowly--because of the constant game of "catch-up." The bugs basically never end, or never seem to reach a lull where development of something else can progress more quickly. How is that being handled?

It is a living, ever evolving environment, so everyone concentrates on what they can from their side, nothing unusual about it. Things can also shift/break unwillingly, hence please let us not point fingers, we are all working towards the same goals. You also cannot only bug fix, you have to introduce new content to keep it alive, and so ever-shifting grounds will always offer an ever-exciting challenge to both sides. A bit of catch-up is a normal thing, in everything that we do, I might add, as we learn and evolve. In general I would say that is a positive thing, it means progress, which naturally takes time. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

IronMike,

Any thoughts to adding controls to the carrier through an “Admiral Benjamin” kind of interface like Jester? Commands like come to a recovery or launch course, launch an S-3 for tanking. Something along those kind of lines. I like how you guys came up with the Jester functions and just would like to see it on other items as well. Admiral Benjamin would be the father of who Mav made several high speed passes on. Just putting the reference out there. ????

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

Our apologies that we cannot give any estimates or dates yet.

It's not estimates or dates we are after. It's a progress update on the Forrestal?

Especially since this was posted more then 6 months ago, just before release.

A-6, Forrestal, F-14A: We will detail our plans regarding these ASAP. The Forrestal will be priority #1.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

It's not estimates or dates we are after. It's a progress update on the Forrestal?

Especially since this was posted more then 6 months ago, just before release.

With the recent shifts in DCS our priorities had to shift a bit, too, unfortunately, but that does not mean we are neglecting these assetts, only that bug fixing got top priority for the time being. Development stands a bit like on a moving surface, if you like, hence priorities need to be constantly adjusted. That does not mean that we are not working on the new assetts though, only that, as always with development news, we want to wait until it is in a more complete state.

Heatblur Simulations

I snooped around in the DCS CoreMods files for the F-14B and found the Forrestal to have some textures and code, but there is no 3D model for us to view. And there have been teasing of the ship by ralfidude and Jabbers from what I have been able to determine, but sadly nothing else in terms of a progress update.

https://streamable.com/6d9jx

I do recall Cobra mentioning in a post reply somewhere about that with ED getting it together and building out deck crew in a fashion similar to their own work, emphasis on that particular aspect was being slowed down a bit on HB side. And to be fair, it's reasonable for them in some ways to want to wait and see what they can access from upcoming ED paid CV to make their own building out of the Forrestal faster with the deck crew, spawn logic, and find out how much they can touch of the ATC.

Consider how much the situation has changed on the ED CV module since the F-14 dropped; we've gone from an informational black hole to seeing teasers fitted out with proper ATC audio (some of which has leaked into DCS) and the moving crew showing signs of real life. Its becoming tangible, and it stands there's a lot of stuff HB will be able to crib off of if we're just patient. Things that will make Forrestal a lot more fleshed out and free from issues when it drops, rather than the normal feature and bug chase.

I know that in the past, HB has stated that the Forrestal assets would be free to the F-14 module owner. But may I ask, just as a re-confirmation, that this is still being stood by in contrast to the DCS: Supercarrier we are seeing developed by ED? :D

Will the Dekcrew be used by the DCS aircraft carrier DLC at Forrestal, or will it have its own crew created specifically for the Forrestal?

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 32 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

I know that in the past, HB has stated that the Forrestal assets would be free to the F-14 module owner. But may I ask, just as a re-confirmation, that this is still being stood by in contrast to the DCS: Supercarrier we are seeing developed by ED? :D

Nothing has changed on that front.

Heatblur Simulations

The Forrestal will launch this year- not sure which month exactly yet.

Thanks for your and HB team awesome job.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Thank goodness! I am glad that is still the case then. :)

The Forrestal will launch this year- not sure which month exactly yet.

You've just given me a huge buildup of testosterone because of this, time to go eject. :pilotfly:

I know that in the past, HB has stated that the Forrestal assets would be free to the F-14 module owner.[...]

Can you already tell us, how the Forrestal will compare to and play together with the paid ED carrier?

Will the Forrestal offer the same features? Will the paid carrier be needed to unlock ED exclusive features for the Forrestal, like improved ATC etc.?

How will the Forrestal work with Pilots, that don't own the F-14?

While i appreciate the Forrestal being free for F-14 owners, i really hope you and ED can make it happen, that there is some config and gameplay parity between the two premium carriers. I'm not concerned about the number of features avaialble, but that those mechanics and features that are available work the same for both carriers.

Thanks

Can you already tell us, how the Forrestal will compare to and play together with the paid ED carrier?

Will the Forrestal offer the same features? Will the paid carrier be needed to unlock ED exclusive features for the Forrestal, like improved ATC etc.?

How will the Forrestal work with Pilots, that don't own the F-14?

While i appreciate the Forrestal being free for F-14 owners, i really hope you and ED can make it happen, that there is some config and gameplay parity between the two premium carriers. I'm not concerned about the number of features avaialble, but that those mechanics and features that are available work the same for both carriers.

Thanks

The DCS: Supercarrier is an upgraded Nimitz with better textures and a slightly more accurate 3D model. (AI one is inaccurate because of some dimension distortion) AFAIK ED plans on making multiple carriers for us, but HB was the first to do that including the Forrestal. The Forrestal will be absolutely free to use, while you need to buy the Supercarrier to have it in SP/MP.

Does the F-14A have higher priority than the carrier?

Please correct me on this Heatblur (not trying to speak for you guys) but the Forrestal and bugs have been their priority since, the F-14A is going to be next in-line as well as the campaign content and the A-6 AI.