Booooom Finally My RIG Pictures 56kers beware!

It took me about 4 and halfs days to build this. I still going to have to update my bios because its a brand out of the factury motherboard.

I dont have benchmark or LOMAC installed yet until i get my bios updated and some new drivers installed. It should not be that long for me to get it going. As soon as i get it all done ill will run bench marks and take pictures from lomac and post it here.

Heres the specs( Then picuters below this)

3d Mercury Case with water cooling

IP35 Chipset Asus Blitz Extreme MOBO

E6850 3.0GHZ

150G SATA Raptor HD 10k RPM

XFX 8800 Ultra 768mb 612mhz core SLI capable

1200W Thermaltake PSU

2 gigs of Corsair DDR3 1066 Dual Channel RAM

Supreme FX II that came with the motherboard sound card

dcp03000.jpg

dcp03008.jpg

DCP03003.jpg

dcp03004.jpg

DCP03005.jpg

DCP03006.jpg

dcp03002.jpg

• Like 1

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

It took me about 4 and halfs days to build this. I still going to have to update my bios because its a brand out of the factury motherboard.

I dont have benchmark or LOMAC installed yet until i get my bios updated and some new drivers installed. It should not be that long for me to get it going. As soon as i get it all done ill will run bench marks and take pictures from lomac and post it here.

Heres the specs( Then picuters below this)

3d Mercury Case with water cooling

IP35 Chipset Asus Blitz Extreme MOBO

E6850 3.0GHZ

150G SATA Raptor HD 10k RPM

XFX 8800 Ultra 768mb 612mhz core SLI capable

1200W Thermaltake PSU

2 gigs of Corsair DDR3 1066 Dual Channel RAM

Supreme FX II that came with the motherboard sound card

dcp03000.jpg

dcp03008.jpg

DCP03003.jpg

dcp03004.jpg

DCP03005.jpg

DCP03006.jpg

dcp03002.jpg

What are you still doing in the military! :D

Start your personal high end gaming rig shop!

The best work I’ve seen on this forum until now… :thumbup:

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

:lol: TucksonSonny, i was just using instructions and some time and dont get me wrong i did have my moments of anger and frustration. But thanks for the compliments:D:D:D

Asus included the Fusion Block for water cooling but did not include the manual with rest of the manuals i got with the motherboard. I had to buy my own tubes for the block and as you can see in one of the tube dint turn out alright so i have to use extra clips and tube attachments.

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

:thumbup: Very well done! Have plenty of fun with LOMAC!

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Sweet stuff!!

One thing though.... and I have done the very same thing... now that you have received everything and furiously put it all together so that you can play play play... Next thing to do is.... Clean up that rats nest of cabling!!!!!! LOL

Awesome stuff Raised dead

Sweet stuff!!

Clean up that rats nest of cabling!!!!!! LOL

I did my best at that :lol: is it still that messy....i failed i was hoping nobody noticed:D

SVK Fox, I did not realize that my Matrioska was there but i think it goes awsome with the pc anyway! Thanks for the compliments guys.

I always wanted a dream machine and i finally got to it. If i had money i would buy every single person in this community a dream machine... and im DEAD serious!

• Like 1

;) You'll have a much better chance next time you break things down. Plan ahead and grab some zip ties and adhesive anchor points for the zip ties.

Much room behind the mobo tray? I usually cut some room with a dremel if it doesn't already exist (bit of long process... have to empty out all of the components.... try to have a vacuum cleaner present to suck away all of the aluminum bits.)

Nice job man. Those manifolds you used are interesting, I may look into those.

Those hose clamps you are using are supposed to give the best seal. But if you run into problems, I found 2 zip ties going opposing direction works perfect.

And your cabling isnt that bad, zip ties are your friend :D

Nice job man. Those manifolds you used are interesting, I may look into those.

Those hose clamps you are using are supposed to give the best seal. But if you run into problems, I found 2 zip ties going opposing direction works perfect.

And your cabling isnt that bad, zip ties are your friend :D

Yes zip ties are really good. They included about 4 or 5 of them with the chassis when i got it and used them all.

heres the temp readings

Cpu- 31 C

MB- 43 C

NB- 43 C

SB- 64 C

I do have a question about ram slots.

Okay i have two blue ram slots sided by each other and two white ones.

Well i intalled one stick of ram on first blue slot and the second stick on the first white slot, is this correct or do i need to have them both running at same color slots side by side? Both of the sticks dual channels.

Okay i have two blue ram slots sided by each other and two white ones.

Well i intalled one stick of ram on first blue slot and the second stick on the first white slot, is this correct or do i need to have them both running at same color slots side by side? Both of the sticks dual channels.

Hey Man.... That's an OUTSTANDING job..

As far as the placement of your memory, the way you did it is right..

The MOBO is spot on, anyway if you plug something into it wrong the bios wount boot, and shows a screen stateing whats wrong .. as far as memory though, you can actually go to control panel and open up system and this will give you the amount of memory installed among other things....

Have fun BRO..

Oh but the way, are you home on leave ????

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Blaze i just came back from leave! LOL if did this job in the barracks wouldve never finished it and probably mess something up. I took alot of time building it and i need the space and at home feeling enviroment where i dont have to worry about people! I took 14 days and drove my jacked up truck across 4 states about 22 hours on the road from Texas to NC!

So you just went back to your duty station ... Are you in the Fleet Marine Force at Camp Lejeune NC. ?

I personally never was never stationed there except for a brief training period at Camp Geiger.. I did mange to sneak off the base and visit some of my high school buddies that were coincidentally stationed at Lejeune at the time, that was a lot of fun but if I would have gotten caught, you know I would have been charged .. :lol:

Did you bring the rig with you or did you leave it at home? If you brought it how do you secure it BRO? I'm sort of interested to see just how much the Corps has changed since my day....

Semper Fi

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I am stations in Camp Lejeune and its called something do with Fleet Marine Corps of readiness. Sneak off base? We are allowed to go off base any time after working hours. Lol saying that Blaze making it sound it was decades lol.

Of course i brought it with me and i theres no way to secure it. I am not worried about it because its to big to sneak off and most people here dont "understand' what that PC is. I did buy a desk and put it together has a place where i can hide it but not secure unless i build a latch with a lock.

Our barracks we live in is just like leaving in cell block with much worse conditions. I dont really have intense field days because no matter how much you clean it will still look like crap.

Oh BTW im getting my NCO corporal promotion on tuesday! :)

Nice rig, and congratulations on your promotion. One question, can those blue tubes make me a dry vodka martini, shaken not stirred?;) Now that would be the ultimate gaming system!:thumbup:

If it is not to bold to ask, can you provide an estimate of the cost of your system finished?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sure no problem

Motherboard cost - 325 US dollars

Processor - 308

Graphics Card - 669

Ram - 479

PSU - 329

Chassis - 400

Total-------------> $2,510.00 (All was rounded to the nearest dollar)

heres the temp readings

Cpu- 31 C

MB- 43 C

NB- 43 C

SB- 64 C

Check the manual. This will have to do with dual channel or single channel operation. Usually the same colored slots are used for dual channel, but check.

You should also notice at boot, it should have it listed and say dual channel or single channel, it may say 64bit or 128bit also.

Good temps. My E6400 is running 3.2GHz with vCore @ 1.35 and is 29C idle, 42C under load Orthos small FFT.

I am not sure how to get NB/SB temps though. Mobo temp is 34C, HDD 32C.

I would 100% recommend cooling your GPU also. My 2900XT on stock cooler ran 90C at the stock fan settings, and the fan was WAY loud so any higher to cool it and it was just LOUD. Now with water cooling it runs 40C idle and about 60C load, clocked as high as the CCC will let me.