Viper academic videos

JamesRothwell

Anyone else itching for the first of the Viper academic videos to drop?

I didn't board the hype train for any other module on DCS, actually I'm pretty newb (sub 2 years) in the sim. I didn't follow the progress of the F14 at all and it was only when I logged into my favorite server on launch day and the regulars were all testing out the Tomcat and I thought 'oh that looks cool' and bought it. Anyway, properly hyped for the F16C, pre-ordered it ages ago and thoroughly looking forward to this new module.

Come on, give us some more videos to appease us! :)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first update said the first video would be out in July, then the second update said the first one (cockpit tour) would be out in August. So either we will get the first video in the next 12 days, or it will be delayed again to Sept.

I'm also very much looking forward to the F-16C, but I'm willing to wait the time required for them to get this module right.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

I am very much looking forward to these videos as well!

We are about two months from release so I imagine the videos will be coming in hot and heavy soon.

Reference for the 2 months? Based on what I was reading in another topic the steam pre order is supposedly expiring around the 25th of September. :joystick:

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

approaching the end of early Autumn.

The day before the day after tomorrow? :megalol:;)

I don’t care when it comes out, I’ll be happy regardless.

But as far as academic videos go, I’m starting to wonder if they’ve got one too many irons in the fire at the moment that’s throwing their timeline for a loop. Wags just finished the harpoon vid for the hornet not too long ago so maybe it’s just around the corner for the 16 cockpit tour?

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

I would imagine that once the academic videos start to drop we're 8 weeks or less from being able to fly it for ourselves? It was around that with the Hornet wasn't it?

The first hornet academic video was posted on July 31st, 2017. The hornet released in May 2018.

So not quite.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I think it would be great if they just posted more mini updates letting us know where the project stands. Its not so much the exact date the videos or the module will be released, its just being kept in the loop so at least those of us that have pre-ordered the module knows where the project stands.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

Indeed...

olivertwist.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The first hornet academic video was posted on July 31st, 2017. The hornet released in May 2018.

So not quite.

Holy poop. I had no concept it was that long. I really thought it was about 2 months as well.

Do you remember how many vids wags squeezed in? One would assume with EA allegedly November the time available for academic vids is reduced somewhat.

So not quite.

Ooh, thanks for confirming those dates. I think we are further in the development cycle than the Hornet was at the time of first video then, since we should almost certainly be able to fly the Viper by the end of the year.

As another mentioned, a little teaser video would be really great. Keeps me happy to see more and to know that we're not being forgot about. :)

Please ED, the hype train is losing momentum! :shocking:

We need more fuel to keep it going!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I can't believe I feel this way, but I rather see a video on the SuperCarrier than the Viper right now. I feel so ashamed.:cry:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

There is too much to come in the near future. The F-16 videos, the super carrier, the Mi-24, and what else all kind updates there is coming to the DCS because lots of improvements are going to be rolled out (Combined Arms etc).

It is better not to think these things because it will just result to heart giving up from enthusiasm.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Leave this sub category. You should be ashamed of yourself.

:lol::lol:

There is too much to come in the near future. The F-16 videos, the super carrier, the Mi-24, and what else all kind updates there is coming to the DCS because lots of improvements are going to be rolled out (Combined Arms etc).

It is better not to think these things because it will just result to heart giving up from enthusiasm.

I strongly agree and the lack of news/details makes it worse.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Looks like the videos will start next week.:thumbup:

Yep update for this week is up:

As we draw closer to the early autumn 2019 early access release of the Viper, progress has been rapid. You can find a list of our planned early access features here.

Our viper is already dropping bombs in CCIP and CCRP modes and strafing targets, and the navigation systems, flight model, and art is quite far along. The current focus is on rockets, air-to-air weapons and radar, the landing gear and underside of the aircraft, and tuning the flight Model.

Next week we will start regular instruction videos. The first will be a cockpit orientation, and following that will be taxi and takeoff, waypoint navigation, VFR landings, and then unguided bomb attack.

Edited by Datajack

I honestly think we will see the Viper released somewhere between September 1st - 20th. Steam says September 25th and they normally get a DCS module a few weeks later than ED E-Shop release. (Logic don't fail me now)

Fingers crossed the anticipation is KILLING ME! The update on the instructional videos calmed me down a bit though, something to chew on in the meantime.

I cannot wait! Fingers crossed!

:thumbup: