Exporting F18 RWR

*Rage*

Im trying to get the RWR exported to a second monitor. I can get the DDIs, AMPCDs and IFEI to export but the RWR just gives a green blob. Ive installed a mod that alows the IFEI and rwr to be exported.

Monitor Lua below

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3840;

height = 2160;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7777777777;

}

}

--IFEI

F18_IFEI =

{

x = 3450;

y = 880;

width = 1150;

height = 430;--

}

-- RWR

F18_RWR =

{

x = 5570;

y = 880;

width = 450;

height = 450;

}

--Left MFCD

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 3840;

y = 0;

width = 830;

height = 830;

}

--Right MFCD

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 5570;

y = 0;

width = 830;

height = 830;

}

--AMPCD

CENTER_MFCD =

{

x = 4620;

y = 0;

width = 1600;

height = 1600;

}

--UFC

--F18_UFC =

--{

-- x = 2910;

-- y = 2213;

-- width = 885;

-- height = 462;

--}

--GUI Viewport

Gui =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3840;

height = 1850;

}

UIMainView = Gui

GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

RWR doesn't export well. You have to tweak another .Lua file to adjust the font etc. There is a thread in here somewhere with the required changes. If I find it I'll post it.

Barring that, when I get home I'll paste the info from my setup.

Found it

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3942293&postcount=1

Edited by Sarge55
Found the thread

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Insert these values in the LUA file.

D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\indicator\RWR_ALR67_init.lua

If you do not care about the RWR view in the F-18 cockpit, because it is located in a poorly accessible place.

The RWR view on the additional monitor is more important to you.

I suggest such settings:

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.06

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.03

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

Edited by padonis

• 11 months later...

D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\indicator\RWR_ALR67_init.lua

If you do not care about the RWR view in the F-18 cockpit, because it is located in a poorly accessible place.

I suggest such settings:

I needed this today. Worked perfectly - the blob is gone. You are right... there's no reason to use the cockpit RWR when you have a viewport. In fact, I've been flying my main monitor in HUD-only view lately. With Capt. Zeen's Helios profile I have the 3 DDI's, UFC, IFEI, and RWR right where I need them, and because I have a touchscreen, the controls are clickable.

Interestingly, when I switch to HUD-only mode, the viewport text becomes much brighter and a little thicker.

• 4 months later...

Got all the screens working, thx

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2019 at 4:55 AM, padonis said:

I suggest such settings:

I made these adjustments to that file, to both sets of lines with these codes on them. 

This is now what I see. Def a step in the right direction but without the threat circles pictured in the right MDI, or the symbols, its not a complete rendering of the RWR. 

That am I missing?  

IMG_0336.jpg

I spent a lot of time with the RWR export and I got to the same point as what you show. I found that pretty useless and abandoned the project.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

You won't get the lines to show, since the rings are part of an overlay ( i think?). Non of the planes from which i exported the RWR show the rings, as far as i can remember

If you do want to have those rings, you might want to look for a program called Helios

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• 2 years later...
On 1/13/2021 at 10:17 AM, Falconeer said:

You won't get the lines to show, since the rings are part of an overlay ( i think?). Non of the planes from which i exported the RWR show the rings, as far as i can remember

If you do want to have those rings, you might want to look for a program called Helios

As near as I can tell they're etched into the surface of the RWR display.  Pretty much any aircraft can be cold and dark and you still see the rings, so no power required.  The other option is to print/etch them yourself and overlay the display.

13 hours ago, Raisuli said:

As near as I can tell they're etched into the surface of the RWR display.  Pretty much any aircraft can be cold and dark and you still see the rings, so no power required.  The other option is to print/etch them yourself and overlay the display.

Depends on the display themselves, some are fully digital in RL

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat