--Ka50 alias BS .... Failures or Success ?

That's what an un-qualified, baited question looks like.

Stop while you're ahead GOZR, what you just asked is rather dumb.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I'm not going to give you negative rep; you're creating your own ;)

Dear Tharos am i going to see my reputation point go down again ;)

Instead tell us your real opinion? thx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

GOZR, I suggest you create your wet dream's simulator (nobody will prevent you for that) and let other people have a good time with BlackShark. If you try to say that ED isn't a competent simulator's company, you won't go for the good way.

Regards!!

• Like 1

Really depends on what you expect it to be. I am personally expecting a add-on that blends seamlessly into LOFC and brings together an even better air to ground package. I'm not going to care if the levels humidity is at 64% so the engines would be slightly less efficient. I do care if the game plays well via multiplayer and that its not a standalone.

Regardless if its a standalone or not, it will be interesting to see the community start again at "step 1" in learning to fly a new airframe.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

GOZR, I suggest you create your wet dream's simulator (nobody will prevent you for that) and let other people have a good time with BlackShark. If you try to say that ED isn't a competent simulator's company, you won't go for the good way.

Regards!!

I wonder if it would be possible to make a comunity-sim, like the way linux and open office has been made.

There is so many talented people out there making addons and improvements + all the stuff that has been made to Falcon.

Oдин

In general, Failure refers to the state or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective. It may be viewed as the opposite of success...

What do you think BS will be Failure of expectations ? or Sucess ?

As the question suggests, that depends on everyone's individual expectations.

ED play their cards close to their chests, and most of the online community is both enthusiastic and optimistic . . . . which is a bad combination.

Judging from past experience, though, a lot of people WILL be disappointed by Black Shark, and we'll hear a lot from them . . .

Some will complain the helicopter is too difficult to fly and fight.

Some will complain it needs too expensive a PC.

Some will complain you need a HOTAS and TrackIR to make the most of it - see above.

Some will complain that the graphics still aren't good enough.

Some will complain that things are still missing in terms of AI and immersion - which is inevitable, you can't manage a quantum leap in a couple of years.

Some fixed-wing fans, despite the repeated statements that virtually all dev time for Black Shark is going on the helicopter, will still complain that Black Shark isn't a dedicated F-15 sim.

Flight sim fans have varied tastes, and there will ALWAYS be people who have hopes in their favourite direction. Not every flight sim will go in that direction, and they won't like it.

For the hardcore simmer, rotorhead, or perhaps a simmer who's open to experiencing a new direction in sims, Black Shark will be fantastic. It's the most detailed helicopter simulation I've ever heard of, and the accuracy is unbelievable. You'll spend months learning it all.

For the hardcore fixed-wing jock . . . . Black Shark won't be what you're looking for. It's about a helicopter.

The good news is that ED do want to release that final patch for FC incorporating some of the improvements they made along the way . . . so you hopefully get some tweaks and improvements for free.

The better news is that ED don't want to stick with rotary-winged flight forever. So just have patience, and hopefully the next project will produce some fixed-wing aircraft at the level of fidelity that the Ka50 is modelled at.

It'll take time. But progress always does.