China Lake and Edwards

Zeagle

• 2 weeks later...

Oh don't worry Baco. Wags already said that another training map is not going to happen anytime soon as they recognize that community does not want that. But the idea of Star Wars canyon is soooooo cool.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

True and valid...

With the current canyon quality you'd be higly disappointed. Maybe in future maps...

...but if it was done to the quality of PG map Khasab region, wouldn't be that bad at all.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Oh don't worry Baco. Wags already said that another training map is not going to happen anytime soon as they recognize that community does not want that. But the idea of Star Wars canyon is soooooo cool.

Well You got me at Star Wars LOL.

No, seriously, I would love that map also, and to have the canyon.

I just feel we need lots of other maps too ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/2/2019 at 4:41 AM, Gierasimov said:

You do know that ANY map can be a combat map right? And any of them can be training maps right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeagle said:

You do know that ANY map can be a combat map right? And any of them can be training maps right?

Right.

• 1 month later...

I feel the need, to keep this topic warm. Edwards is a must. China Lake is a key base for the Navy and there is another one. Former George AFB near the town of Victorville is also on the map. It was home of the Wild Weasels back in the Eightys - and there was the Training of the German F-4-Crews till the moved to Alamogordo, New Mexico, at 1992. So there are three major bases, wich cwould enhance the map distinct - take a look at the main ramp at George AFB with a lot of Weasels. Today the base is known as Southern California Logistics.

10339751_1005119206165488_5700481620570907539_n.jpg

16 minutes ago, madfreddy said:

I feel the need, to keep this topic warm. Edwards is a must. China Lake is a key base for the Navy and there is another one. Former George AFB near the town of Victorville is also on the map. It was home of the Wild Weasels back in the Eightys - and there was the Training of the German F-4-Crews till the moved to Alamogordo, New Mexico, at 1992. So there are three major bases, wich cwould enhance the map distinct - take a look at the main ramp at George AFB with a lot of Weasels. Today the base is known as Southern California Logistics.

10339751_1005119206165488_5700481620570907539_n.jpg

Unique post . . . . :shocking:

Im guessing it will go the way of the other 3000 threads on the subject - it’s not gonna happen. 

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

China Lake was my first duty station, every time I fly out there and just see that sad half satellite image pasted on the desert floor i get a little vexed. There is ZERO reason for China Lake not being on NTTR, and since there's nothing down there that's almost an entire quadrant of the map that never gets used, its wasted space.  

• Like 5