Moderators - Request regarding OT posts

3Sqn_Sven

Would it be possible for you to refrain from moving OT posts to the "Chit-Chat" section of the forums? They are not part of the English forums and its a bit odd to move them there seeing as we are posting here in English. There has been a number of posts in the last few days moved there.

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

I agree. I look at this forum as a meeting place for all Lockon fans. If someone feels to post something OT, it's not a problem. It's not like if we met IRL on some convention or something we would be talking only Lockon, Lockon and Lockon..like some nerds.:D

• Like 1

Agreed

That said - any bets on how long this topic is going to be here before being warped to the Chit-Chat section? :D

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Sorry but the main "General Discussion" section of this forum is dedicated Lock-on and related subjects(real word military/aviation) that don't fit into any of the dedicated sub-sections.

If you wish to discuss subjects that are "OT" in relation to the above, you need to find other places for it.

We move Off-topic posts to the chit-chat forum to give people a chance to read them there - the alternative would be that we just delete them :) .

- JJ.

• Like 1

JJ

no one ever goes to the chit chat forum way at the bottom of the main forum page. I agree, there should be another sub-forum for OT posts in the English forums. It would be more convenient.

And I don't think the mods should remove posts, so long as the posts have OT on the front. If people don't want to deal with the OT posts, then they just don't have reply to them. It's quite simple.

• Like 2

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I didn't even realise that the chit-chat forum existed until this post was made. I think this is a very valid request. It's not like the EN forum is saturated with OT posts and with such a small community keeping the posts where they are posted helps keep things interesting.

• Like 2

=IronAngels=

Http://www.ironangelslockonsquad.com

Iron Angels Lockon Squad

Iron Angels: The Proud, The Few, The Elite

It could also be considered antagonistic.

I would consider it a measure of Respect, Courtesy, Decency and Good Manners.........but then again, that's just me ;)

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Wishing someone a happy Birthday in a forum which he is banned, I would consider VERY OFFTOPIC. It could also be consdered antagonistic.

And someone not wishing a happy birthday would be considered...?

As far as I know Locsta didn't commit a crime, robbed a bank or anything like that, so, what's wrong with someone wishing him happy birthday?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah :)

Anyway, all we need now is to make New Posts feature selective to the part of the forum you want (Eng or Russ) and we've finally got our selves a propper, usefull meeting point :)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.