Question about Vikhr missiles

Somewhere I read about the ripple fire for Vikhr, which allows to hit more targets during one strafing run. The procedure is like, the first target is locked and then several Vikhrs are launched in certain intervals; when the first one hits, second target is locked (and remaining in-flight Vikhrs are re-targeted), target is hit, unlocked, then third target is locked, hit etc.

But, when I tried it, during the unlocking the destroyed target and locking a new one, the remaining rockets go crazy like losing the guidance and hitting area all over. So is the ripple fire possible or the interval must be long enough so they can re-target? Do they receive the laser targeting clue if the Shkval is unlocked?

Second, I tried to get a lock on low flying helicopter with Shkval against ground/horizon but despite setting proper target size, I could not lock it. Is it possible only against the plane which is taking-off or stationary on the ground? I can easily lock the helicopter against the background with TV-guided Maverick. Thanks.

you can easily lock aircraft with a target setting around 20. 20 is the magic number and it always works for me! not even looking at the horizon i can lock them against the sky... but maybe you had some interference with a building or something? maybe?:D but as for rippling vikhrs you cant really ripple them one right after another... if your at max range wait untill the first one is half way to 3/4s there then launch your second one and when the first one hits re-target... the vikhr will go crazy but it wont be so bad and it should lock back up fine... you probably could make it to 3 vikhrs but its iffy. :)

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Launch your first at RMAX at about 450km/h/Altitude 2000M AGL. Watch your Impact Timer and once first Missile is about 6 sec's from Impact Fire the second and so Forth. Will get away with three Impacts easily - 4 or more and you'll have to override the Laser Rangefinder.

Be careful not to override it too often or you'll get the inevitable EOS Failure......

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You sure about that? I think you simply override the launch safety (alt+W)and then the laser will work just dandy.

Once the laser automatically switches off after a minute or so for it's mandatory cooling-down period you can then override it whilst it is busy cooling down.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Maybe it's a matter of semantics but people are mentioning "unlocking" the target. Don't unlock, just slew the designator to the new target after the previous has been destroyed. The Vikhrs will follow the designator across the ground so try to get it on the new target quickly.

Shift-O :D i have to hit it about a gazillion times though :P

I think is something like 5 times :huh:

(my key is "W" from Wolfram... reminds me of a lightbulb, so it's easier to press... oh, brakes are on the stick ;) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I believe you have to hit SHIFT-O six times in six seconds if you want to restart it while it was cooling down.

I usually count till seven after firing the first Vikhr, and then keep counting until fourteen, fire the third, and so on. When shooting at tanks, I fire two every time because one sometimes isn't enough, so : fire two Vikhrs, count till seven, fire two more, etc. You won't kill as many targets, but your not supposed to hang around too long anyway, so...

Kind regards,

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, Radeon RX 6800, HP Reverb, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Thrustmaster MFD's

It also helps to put the engines in idle if you are trying to destroy the most targets possibe. Less speed = slightly more time to destroy targets. I've found that the best way to get the most targets per pass is to approach from about a 60 degree off angle from the rear rather than a strait 90 and if its a moving convoy shoot back to front of the moving targets. I've gotten as many as 5 kills in one pass.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The most I ever got was three in one pass with Vikhr. Ad one or two Kh-29T, and that colum of tanks is gone ...

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit