Microsoft FFB2 losing center spring randomnly

Hello and thx for your time everyone,

I know the Microsoft FFB2 is old but still a popular choice for DCS World but my FFB2 sometimes loses it centre spring and goes floppy, it happens mostly at the apex of a tailslide or when I pull the Cobra in the FC3 MiG29, I only fly multiplayer and have never flown any other plane so don't know about them or single player, I bought another FFB2 thinking the stick was faulty and the same thing happens,I don't think its my PC(win10),as it was doing the same thing when it was still FC2 on my old PC(win7). sometimes its ok like yesterday but some days like today its been doing it every time so I have to go back to the briefing screen every time to restart.

Curious to know if anyone has has experienced this issue.

Thanks again

Sean.

Edited by Stealth29(U.K)
forgot to mention FC3

Finger sensor covered? Power wire in?

It's none of those things, it could be Win 10 or DCS related (but I'm only seeing it in DCS), it also seems module related as some modules seem uneffected.

Using +60% force effect helps but I'm not sure on what causes total loss of FFB when switching to another module or back to the desktop - unplugging the USB and letting windows re-detect the stick works every time and other software isn't effected, so it seems like a DCS initialisation or handoff issue, rather than hardware but I guess a weak power supply might cause a similar problem ?

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Can confirm that as DCS bug since a long time now. After restarting DCS it should work, but sometimes I have to restart 2-3 times or even reboot Windows. In some modules like Hornet there is no problem, but in the modules which use all FFB features like the Fw190s, Bf109 or Huey it is unflyable. I guess it has to to with the swaping x y axes, DCS forgets the right placed settings sometimes.... I can't reproduce when this happens, it occurs maybe every 10th start of DCS with my system. So if I fly one of the critical modules, I start with a quick engines on check flight and restart DCS when that bug is "on".

Thanks for the replies everyone,

yeah like I said it even did it on FC2 on my old win7PC,usually always at the top of the tailslide or Cobra, just like on this Win10 system, but normal flying its generally ok and I think the shaker effect still works when it does it, I used to exit the game also, unplug, replug and restart DCS but today I just ejected and reselected the plane while still in the game server, and it worked again without exiting , don't think its power related as it does it on both my sticks, I tried it for 10mins on single player a minute ago and its fine, but earlier today online it was doing it every time,but yesterday was fine online,and I was really yanking on it too trying to stall the engines.

Anyway thanks again pilots,

S.

Edited by Stealth29(U.K)