OT: Chinese helo WZ-10 (pics)

I don't know why, but when I look at chinese homebrewed aircraft I always get the same feeling that I get when I look at the crazy modellers contests... where modellers put together parts from different kits, making frankenstein-like aircraft (such a hornet with tornado wings and other things like that)

for example this thing looks like a fat Mangusta, or a Mangusta coupled with a Comanche...

I don't know why, but when I look at chinese homebrewed aircraft I always get the same feeling that I get when I look at the crazy modellers contests... where modellers put together parts from different kits, making frankenstein-like aircraft (such a hornet with tornado wings and other things like that)

for example this thing looks like a fat Mangusta, or a Mangusta coupled with a Comanche...

But it works. Not many countries can afford this kind of enterprises like military aviation projects. China did it with J-10 and now with WZ-10. Respect to them.

Not many countries can afford this kind of enterprises like military aviation projects. China did it with J-10 and now with WZ-10. Respect to them.

The WZ-10 have a weird resemblance to the Rooivalk -- a South African born, bred, developed attack helo. The Rooivalk has been in operational service with the Suid-Afrikaanse Lugmag for a few years (from 2000?).

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

You took the words out of my mouth. However the chinese seem to shoot themselves on the foot by making a conventional tail rotor.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Looks good, except for the nose.

Nothing wrong with a "conventional" tail rotor ask the Russians ;)

You took the words out of my mouth. However the chinese seem to shoot themselves on the foot by making a conventional tail rotor.

With my all respect, it looks a litle bit made-up. Usually all these technologies comes from Ukraine and Russia to China. In this case Ukraine is very generous about selling war technologies however Russia sells to China all time downgraded weapons and technologies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS