VPC-airfield Equipment 0.9.4 beta

stenji

2 hours ago, Shogoun said:

Strange, however it does not seem to be a problem of the VPC Mod, as the standard DCS trucks are also affected. I will test this myself and get back to you 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Strange, however it does not seem to be a problem of the VPC Mod, as the standard DCS trucks are also affected. I will test this myself and get back to you 👍

OK, I tested and I get the same results as you .. it seems that normal ground vehicles or statics can be placed on the carrier, but don't really work correctly.

As a workaround, may I suggest to use the free SuperCarrier assets? ... you can place them on the Kuznetsov using the "USAF Agressors" placed on the same coalition as Russia. here is a short test:

I know, american items on a russian carrier is not correct ... however, when you are landing on the ship they look believable (but dont use the large crane, its too big) .. I use mostly red and blue uniforms, to match this type of photos:

52TcH80.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I can't get DCS to populate the VPC objects in the mission editor for some reason and I've been running this mod successfully for years now!

I just built a new computer and transferred the ssd my DCS open beta install is on along with a backup of my savegames folder. A 1 to 1 transfer basically. However, for some reason now when I go into the mission editor and select any of the VPC objects through statics\structures, they are not showing in the ME. I have reinstalled the updated 9.6 version, and the omni-lights fix for 2.7 with no joy. I even went as far as to install the original, then the patched update, and the lighting fix. No joy.  

I double and triple checked to make sure the install paths were correct, and that I had the correct folders in the right place. I even went as far as to manually go into the bazar\shaders\model folder to add the fix after I used OVGME without success. Still, no joy. 

If I open a mission where I have those assets in place as fortifications, the mission loads with said assets in place (listed under fortifications\all\"name of VPC asset". However, if I load a newer mission where I have not placed any of the VPC objects, when I go into vehicle\fortification\all\, I only see the Tacan Beacon listed as an available selection and no VPC objects. 

Similarly, when I load a mission where I have placed VPC objects as statics, the mission will not load in the mission editor.

In a new mission, when I go into statics\structures\, the mission editor fails to populate VPC objects in the list like it always has before.

All of my other aircraft and tech mods in my saved games folder works without issue and DCS Open beta 2.7.5.10869

Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on? I was just working on missions with the VPC objects right before this new computer build, and now it doesn't even see the objects in the folder! 

5 minutes ago, Wardog21 said:

Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on?

Maybe you have the historic filter of the ME activated? No User Mod is compatible with that feature.

2KXgb0h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Maybe you have the historic filter of the ME activated? No User Mod is compatible with that feature.

2KXgb0h.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize that this setting was persistent in the mission editor. I was working on one mission where I had it active, then switched to another that I didn't (or at least thought I didn't). This fixed it. So simple, but I would have looked past it for eternity. Thank you!

• Like 3

Hello.
I just reinstalled the whole DCS and my mods and some VPC objects are crashing in the editor.

Sans titre.png

I did reinstall the last files compiled by Rudel_chw.

OvGME_PRC11DFJOy.png

Note that it crashes only with some objects (towerlight,...) and not with others (VPC Nato Canopy,...)

I add you the logs where errors appear in connection with fake_omni_lights.fx at the bottom.

2021-09-11 12:57:19.263 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Can't find precompiled shader model/fake_omni_lights.fx:DIRECTX11=true;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;.
2021-09-11 12:57:19.263 INFO    DX11BACKEND: Compile shader: model/fake_omni_lights.fx:DIRECTX11=true;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;
2021-09-11 12:57:19.264 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Shader "model/fake_omni_lights.fx" failed to compile - HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND

Any ideas ?

Thank You

dcs.log

First, make sure that you actually have those files (fake_omni_lights.fx and fake_spot_lights.fx) in your new DCS folder (\Bazar\shaders\model\).

Maybe your OvGME still using some old config and copying the fix into a wrong directory?

Then try deleting all shader caches:

1. \Saved Games\YOURDCSFOLDER\fxo\

2. \Saved Games\YOURDCSFOLDER\metashaders2\

3. GPU shader cache. Don't know about AMD, but for Nvidia cards it's located here:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache\

and here:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\GLCache\

It won't let you completely wipe these folders, but delete as much files as you can.

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

2 hours ago, Magoa said:

Any ideas ?

the VPC fix goes onto the DCS program folder, not on Saved Games. For OvGME you need two configs, a single one will not do.

• Like 2

Hello Minsky and thank you for your response. I had already tried this method explained in a post on page 3. I tried it again, but it doesn't work. But to be as clear as possible:

OVGME installs the fix in the savedgame folder.

1/ I tried all combinations by installing fake_omni_lights.fx and fake_spot_lights.fx in the savedgame and E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model folders. This doesn't work either and worse the game crashes directly when launching the mission.

On the other hand I discovered in E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model that the original animated_fake_omni_lights.fx and animated_fake_spot_lights.fx files are renamed animated_fake_omni_lights2.fx and animated_fake_spot_lights2.fx.

2/ I tested all possibilities with these 4 files, renaming (or not) them with 2 at the end and placing them in C:\Users\*******\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Bazar\shaders\model: and/or E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model.

Result all possibility  crash the game during the mission launch.

3/ The only "combination" that partially works (the mission launches and crashes when I position some of the VPC objects) is the following:

C:\Users\*******\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Bazar\shaders\model:
Files: fake_omni_lights.fx and fake_spot_lights.fx from the patch

E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model
Files: fake_omni_lights.fx and fake_spot_lights.fx original but renamed fake_omni_lights2.fx and fake_spot_lights2.fx and animated_fake_omni_lights2.fx and animated_fake_spot_lights2.fx files

Could someone please check his files and forward me his files animated_fake_omni_lights.fx and animated_fake_spot_lights.fx and tell me if they are renamed animated_fake_omni_lights2.fx and animated_fake_spot_lights2.fx.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

16 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

the VPC fix goes onto the DCS program folder, not on Saved Games. For OvGME you need two configs, a single one will not do.

Yes Rudel, with 2 configs OVGME everything it's OK.

Thanks all and have a good flight

Edited by Magoa
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

Strange, just tested this Mod and on my DCS it works fine (latest Open Beta 2.7.7), like this:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, CommandT said:

can one download this mod without using OVGME? I don't have it. And if so, where would be the latest version? 

You'll need the "modified" mod itself, and the so called "VPC fix". Links to both are available in this post:

Installation instructions are included with the downloads.

VPC fix can be installed without OvGME, but you'll have to repeat this process after each DCS update.

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

8 minutes ago, CommandT said:

Hi folks, sorry to sound like a total noob, but can one download this mod without using OVGME? I don't have it. And if so, where would be the latest version? 

Cheers! 

you can but OVGME or Mod Manager will better asssit you removing/isolating mods if they becomes problematic. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Hi,

I think my VPC Airfield Equipment MOD is out of date as I cant get any missions working that use it. 

Read, searched and googled the same 3/4 threads and made no progress. 

Can someone please post a link to the MOD and any update required to make it run 2.7+?

Thanks in advance

13 minutes ago, beats said:

I think my VPC Airfield Equipment MOD is out of date as I cant get any missions working that use it. 

Read, searched and googled the same 3/4 threads and made no progress. 

Can someone please post a link to the MOD and any update required to make it run 2.7+?

Are you using the files pointed to by @Minsky just a couple of posts above yours?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beats said:

When I access one of them it goes to google drive link that doesnt work. 

Strange, just tested the links and they work for me 🙁 ... the links are on this post:

Hi Rudel, 

Thanks got the link now, appreciate it 👍

Struggling to install.

I think whats needed are some simple instructions...

Links to all files

Install locations (with and without OVGME MOD manager)

Tried about 20 times now, sick of reading through 2 or 3 long posts with contradictory info. Someone please make it simple - Im a northerner

Thanks

Edited by beats

23 hours ago, beats said:

Struggling to install.

Tried about 20 times now, sick of reading through 2 or 3 long posts with contradictory info. Someone please make it simple 

Here is a Tutorial on how to use OvGME, perhaps it can be of help as the links of my prior post are for files that are already in OvGME format:

• Like 1

I can't get this to work. And I'm used to using mods. I've tried (I think) everything, checking installed modules, putting it in different folders besides the one it should be in. The Civ Plane mod works. Does anyone have an idea what I could be doing wrong?

Have a great weekend all