VPC-airfield Equipment 0.9.4 beta

stenji

58 minutes ago, xShin37x said:

I wanted to install these templates : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3316505/ with requierements.

with VPC and the fix for 2.7

sorry, I haven’t tried that template, as I find that needing over half a dozen user mods is excessive. The VPC mod works for me and I’m pretty sure that it does not cause the textures missing issue that you are experiencing. 

I suggest that you contact the template author, as he may be able to help you better than myself.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

sorry, I haven’t tried that template, as I find that needing over half a dozen user mods is excessive. The VPC mod works for me and I’m pretty sure that it does not cause the textures missing issue that you are experiencing. 

I suggest that you contact the template author, as he may be able to help you better than myself.

thx for your work 😉

On 4/17/2021 at 9:25 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Hello,

OK, here is an updated version of this great Mod created by @voc It now consists of two parts:

1) The Mod itself goes onto the /Saved Games/DCS/ path, this is the download link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h9JE4RY9YQlWXv9SRw?e=8eaIZo

It is in OvGME ziped format, so if you already use this Mod Manager to install your Mods, you will just need to place it on the same repository as your other Mods:

iGksK5N.jpg

2) In order for the Mod to work on DCS 2.7 (and 2.5.6), it requires the addition of two small files on the /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/ path. Download this fix from this link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h9JDq-My2YN2UBxBCw?e=SYjG3G

Again, it is on OvGME format. Please take note that this Mod does not go into /Saved Games/, it must go on the DCS Program path:

fcDZ92i.jpg

I tested it on several of my missions and I didn't found any error, nor any error messages on the dcs.log

I have not tested it fully, but the lights turn on at around 21:10 and off at 5:50 on Caucasus. Have not tested other maps yet.

Best regards,

Eduardo

hi @Rudel_chw thanks a lot for putting this little guide together -very helpful 👍🏼

do you know, if it's possible to get the version numbering and description in ovgme without zipping the folders? thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HILOK said:

do you know, if it's possible to get the version numbering and description in ovgme without zipping the folders? thanks

I don’t know, as I have always used only the zipped version for my Mods:

cyMR3Zq.jpg

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hello.
I share with you a new problem that appeared spontaneously on my dedicated server.
The following items were working perfectly Saturday night and were lighting up at night:

• VPC-NATO-CANOPY
  • VPC-NATO-LIGHT TOWER v1

Two days ago I modified my .miz map by creating groups that should contain the following items:

• VPC-NATO-CANOPY
  • VPC-NATO-CANOPY v2
  • VPC-NATO-CANOPY v3
  • VPC-NATO-LIGHT TOWER v2
  • VPC-NATO-LIGHT TOWER v3

The .miz mission in local works perfectly (via the editor or via the missions).

On the other hand with the dedicated server I find myself with a bunch of Leo-2 tanks!
I repaired DCS beta, removed and reinstalled the VPC mod and its patch with OVGME, remove the mod "briefingroom", nothing nor made that persists.

Here are some screenshots

Local Server / Mission

Dedicated Server

The texture looks like the problem of xShin37x
Would you have an idea or a track to solve this problem.

Edited by Magoa

On 4/17/2021 at 9:25 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Hello,

OK, here is an updated version of this great Mod created by @voc It now consists of two parts:

1) The Mod itself goes onto the /Saved Games/DCS/ path, this is the download link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h9JE4RY9YQlWXv9SRw?e=8eaIZo

It is in OvGME ziped format, so if you already use this Mod Manager to install your Mods, you will just need to place it on the same repository as your other Mods:

iGksK5N.jpg

2) In order for the Mod to work on DCS 2.7 (and 2.5.6), it requires the addition of two small files on the /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/ path. Download this fix from this link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h9JDq-My2YN2UBxBCw?e=SYjG3G

Again, it is on OvGME format. Please take note that this Mod does not go into /Saved Games/, it must go on the DCS Program path:

fcDZ92i.jpg

I tested it on several of my missions and I didn't found any error, nor any error messages on the dcs.log

I have not tested it fully, but the lights turn on at around 21:10 and off at 5:50 on Caucasus. Have not tested other maps yet.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Thank you very much

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 5/19/2021 at 9:36 AM, Magoa said:

no, sorry, I dont have a dedicated server to test this 🙁

On 5/19/2021 at 3:36 PM, Magoa said:

Hello.
I share with you a new problem that appeared spontaneously on my dedicated server.
The following items were working perfectly Saturday night and were lighting up at night:

• VPC-NATO-CANOPY

Two days ago I modified my .miz map by creating groups that should contain the following items:

• VPC-NATO-CANOPY
  • VPC-NATO-CANOPY v2
  • VPC-NATO-CANOPY v3
  • VPC-NATO-LIGHT TOWER v2
  • VPC-NATO-LIGHT TOWER v3

The .miz mission in local works perfectly (via the editor or via the missions).

On the other hand with the dedicated server I find myself with a bunch of Leo-2 tanks!
I repaired DCS beta, removed and reinstalled the VPC mod and its patch with OVGME, remove the mod "briefingroom", nothing nor made that persists.

Here are some screenshots

Local Server / Mission

Dedicated Server

The texture looks like the problem of xShin37x

The mods are not propperlly installed in the server . 
When DCS dont recognice a ground unit , it spawns a untexturized / Invicible leopard

Edited by Gone1Crazy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 5/24/2021 at 4:18 PM, Gone1Crazy said:

The mods are not propperlly installed in the server . 
When DCS dont recognice a ground unit , it spawns a untexturized / Invicible leopard

You're right. . I have installed properly the mods on the dedicated server, and now i have nice realistic texture for a MBT Leopard 2A6M 😆

The problem it is mod item are not correctly assigned.

3.jpg

Everything was working fine in the 2.7.0, before the last two patches (2.7.1.6709 and 2.7.1.6430).

But now I'm getting constant crashes when trying to use VP-LIGHTING TOWER (either as a static object, or as a fortification). The crash happens both in-game and in the ME, and is not instant - sometimes I'm able to select other objects or pan the camera around for a few seconds.

Tried with both versions of Eduardo's luas (with and without lights). I have the fake lights mod installed. Shader cache cleared. Nothing unusual in the logs, except of tons of shader recompilation alerts.

P.S. There might be other "problematic" objects, but I haven't had time to find them.

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

2 hours ago, Minsky said:

3.jpg

Everything was working fine in the 2.7.0, before the last two patches (2.7.1.6709 and 2.7.1.6430)...

Hello,

Thanks for the report .. seems that the latest DCS version has a slightly different fake_lights.fx than on previous versions of DCS. I updated the fix to use the latest file and the objects work again:

hfdS1ys.jpg

TBmnmS4.jpg

I'm attaching the fix using OvGME format, replace the prior one.

Best regards,

Eduardo

VPC fix for 2.7 (by Shlee).zip

• Thanks 6

Eduardo, thanks for a quick response!

But I'm still having the same crash 😞 

I'm gonna remove my other mods and see if that helps.

Update: I removed everything except the VPC mod and the fake lights fix - it still crashes on this particular object.

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

Same here, latest Open beta, that tower is working without the latest fix.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Yeah, it might be something on my end, like a bad Nvidia driver for example (I'm using the latest version).

I'm thinking of replacing this tower (and other "faulty" objects) with a dummy model, if someone can provide me with a basic instructions.

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

• 2 months later...
Just now, Lone_Hawk_13 said:

...  is there a fix for this?

I have not experienced that issue, so I can't think of a fix ... perhaps if you provided more info (a MIZ file where this happens, details on how to reproduce, and your dcs.log to check for issues with the Mod installation).

2 hours ago, Lone_Hawk_13 said:

Hi i am having a issue were some items will disappear depending on how I turn the camera, is there a fix for this?

I confirm, I observed the same phenomenon on the Russian aircraft carrier, but I have no solution to provide

15 minutes ago, Shogoun said:

I confirm, I observed the same phenomenon on the Russian aircraft carrier, but I have no solution to provide

What VPC object were you using? I wonder, because none is intended for carrier use ... maybe you are confusing with a different Mod?

after a bit more testing, i have found that it only happens when placed on a carrier. i was using a few items such as the carts with missiles on them and a few of the personnel. but as you said rudel_chw none is meant for use on a carrier, is this the reason why? and is they a fix at all? 

10 hours ago, Lone_Hawk_13 said:

after a bit more testing, i have found that it only happens when placed on a carrier. i was using a few items such as the carts with missiles on them and a few of the personnel. but as you said rudel_chw none is meant for use on a carrier, is this the reason why? 

Probably not, I just tested placing a few VPC objects as Statics on the Stennis, and they work for me:

10 hours ago, Lone_Hawk_13 said:

and is they a fix at all? 

I don't know. On my own missions, I use the free assets that were added to DCS after the SuperCarrier release, to add ambiance to the decks:

ADRWBrN.jpg

These can be used even if you don't own the Supercarrier, and they also work on the russian carrier. No weapons carts, but they still are pretty nice to have.

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Probably not, I just tested placing a few VPC objects as Statics on the Stennis, and they work for me:

I don't know. On my own missions, I use the free assets that were added to DCS after the SuperCarrier release, to add ambiance to the decks:

ADRWBrN.jpg

These can be used even if you don't own the Supercarrier, and they also work on the russian carrier. No weapons carts, but they still are pretty nice to have.

I tested the objects on the Stennis and they work so i retested and found that it is just a supercarrier problem. i wonder why it is just the super carrier that has this problem. and i really enjoy the  assets that came with the supercarrier but after  seeing the missile carts i just had to use them but looks like i will only be able to use the stock assets.