LTD/R Arm switch goes to safe when leaving Air-to-Ground mode

v4ri4ble

I've noticed that when switch out of AG mode the LTD/R switch goes to from ARM to SAFE.

This happened when going to AA (via the ACM mode on the HOTAS) and when switch MASTER ARM off.

Should that switch have any automation? Is this expected behavior?

Yeah turns out that zapping a class 4 laser (that can blind people from long distances) around outside of combat zones you are about drop bombs on anyway is considered "bad form"...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Makes sense as is, laser switches to safe when you switch to A/A mode as the function of trigger changes from shooting a laser to shooting missiles and guns.

There isn't much point in having them fire at the same time anyway.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

That’s why we have a training laser. Not in game of course...but RL.

I know. But as you said... Its also why you NOHD distances and calculators and laser masks on the pods. I imagine the training lasers are still fairly powerful though given that the reduced ranges are still gonna be fairly long.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I know. But as you said... Its also why you NOHD distances and calculators and laser masks on the pods. I imagine the training lasers are still fairly powerful though given that the reduced ranges are still gonna be fairly long.

OT, but supposedly they are eye-safe. :spam_laser: Never really had ambition to test it though.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah turns out that zapping a class 4 laser (that can blind people from long distances) around outside of combat zones you are about drop bombs on anyway is considered "bad form"...

When I was in the Navy, I had someone tell me that they got lased by a hornet while it was landing. He was in his car and driving under the approach path. His evidence was that his laser detector went off.

I just shook my head.

At the time I worked on the Nitehawk FLIR pod and still couldn't convince him that even if it was possible to fire the laser while landing, the consequences of him getting lased at that distance would have probably been more than his detector going off. Not to mention the fact that his laser detector probably wouldn't respond to the wavelength of the laser used in the hornet anyway.