Will it stay like this?

Malexx

About those asking for the paintkit, please understand that it is a free feature that developers are not forced to deliver. With more time it will be made available.

Thanks for all the support and answer about the updates still to come.

I would just like to comment on the above. Even though its a free feature it now sounds like we should be glad and really happy that we get the paintkit like its a blessing. Sorry but imo with a product like this it should be part of the package. Not because it should be a standard feature but because the amount of liveries to choose from is minimal.

Anyways goodluck and hope we see some changes soon.

g8PjVMw.png

Completely agree,all the time the module was being sold to us the 'Paintkit' was on it's way.....'should be ready shortly after release',actual words from RAZBAM's Decoy.

Now they want to concentrate on other projects,the majority of the sales are done,and the novelty of the thing has worn off,for them,we're now being informed 'please understand that it is a free feature that developers are not forced to deliver'.

In a word.....PRICELESS !thumbup.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

What's not to love about this. It is one of the best modules IMO in DCS which give a real sense of flying an aircraft and the radio navigation system, lack of RWR and G-effect jettisons just makes it all the more immersive and taxing. Plus the new instrument lighting is awesome, landing requires finesse and your head is well and truly on a swivel during dogfights. :pilotfly::joystick:

What's not to love about this. It is one of the best modules IMO in DCS which give a real sense of flying an aircraft and the radio navigation system, lack of RWR and G-effect jettisons just makes it all the more immersive and taxing. Plus the new instrument lighting is awesome, landing requires finesse and your head is well and truly on a swivel during dogfights. :pilotfly::joystick:

Thanks Dougall! I'm really glad that you like the module.:thumbup:

Couldn't agree more. People these days tend to focus on what is missing and/or wrong rather than appreciate what they've got. It starts in their real lives; interacting with colleagues at work, friends, family members, products they buy at all kinds of stores, etc.

A little wonder you see that same behaviour here as well.

You always hear DCS players complaining about the ATC being so rubbish, features missing in the ME, the AI being inaccurate, and the list goes on and on. All that is true and I'd love to see it done too, but the unappreciative attitude is what sickens me.

I like how ED is mostly quite and never starts arguing with all them moaners. The most appropriate strategy to deal with hordes like that.

Godspeed, ED and 3rd party developers!

S!

EDIT:

Check out this disappointed user here regarding the painkit of the MiG-19: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4013441&postcount=29

That's exactly the attitude I was talking about above... Sad...

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

EDIT:

Check out this disappointed user here regarding the painkit of the MiG-19: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4013441&postcount=29

No..you are completely wrong!...this user has paid a 'lot of money' for this module,it was WIP at the start,and although RAZBAM have corrected a multitude of silly bugs,the module many months later still requires attention.One of these issues being the paintkit.

The point in question here,is the 'Paintkit'this was promised as part of the package,when the module was released,they assured the buying masses that this would be made available to them.Many users,on being given this promise made their purchase of the module thinking that this would be the case.

If these modules were cheaper,we would all have a better attitude towards it,but they are not,they are expensive,now,if your happy with the current situation then that's your prerogative.

But don't come on here and try and belittle other user's attitudes because they show a little more adult sense of financial awareness towards their module purchases,than you do.Trying to show someone up on this forum in the way you have is pretty low IMO,especially when you are the one,making the big point of behaviours towards life.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

... You always hear DCS players complaining about the ATC being so rubbish, features missing in the ME, the AI being inaccurate, and the list goes on and on. All that is true and I'd love to see it done too, but the unappreciative attitude is what sickens me.

Actually, I do like and appreciate the MiG-19 .. that's why I purchased it on day 1; as a way to learn to fly her, I edited a few missions that I shared here (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234073) .. but when I got to bind controls to my Hotas I started to encounter difficulties with some keybinds.

Rather than "moan" as you say, starting on May I opened bug report threads on the proper section .. is that OK on your attitude book? or it sickens you when one reports a problem? .. I just wanted to fly the plane, but not being able to handle the radio or the gunsight from the Hotas just killed the fun for me.

I like how ED is mostly quite and never starts arguing with all them moaners. The most appropriate strategy to deal with hordes like that.

I see .. so, according to you, Razbam should just ignore the reports that I posted and the strategy would be to keep quiet rather than fix the items that dont work properly? .. how sad can you be, I just wanted to have a working Hotas configuration, one like this:

xCi7nRJ.jpg

As time has gone by, and the issues persists, what happens is simply that those so-called hordes of unnapreciative moaners and whiners end up giving up on the plane, like I've had to do .. abandoning unfinished my Hotas profile and the Mission series that I intended to edit, storing the aircraft until the developer finally finds the time to solve the issues.

You seem to believe that one complaints just for complaint's sake, rather than only wanting to just be able to use the plane that we purchased .. one can only hopes that the Developer will see that this lack of support is bad business policy, as it punishes the customer and hurts future sales.

:(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Here I am again in the tiring parts of the internet, where words get twisted and a discussion erupts out of nothing.

Reporting a bug is something important and very appreciated by both the developers and other users. Never have I said "that's moaning or whining". This is the tiring part on the internet where words and phrases get easily twisted or misunderstood because you're talking to a "computer"!

"adult sense of financial awareness" you say. If I didn't have that I would've bought the MiG-19 just like you, but I haven't, so boom! I'd rather wait for it to be officially announced as complete before I purchase it. Oh, I've got the MiG-19 though. Was given to me as a present (thanks again, guys. You know who you are).

And because it's still not complete, I haven't flown it for a bit. Not one second! I read the manual, yes, but that's it. That's my way of appraoching it and almost any other module. And if I purchase a module knowing what is missing and I'm ok with it, you don't find me complaining. Reporting bugs is something else.

"... making the big point of behaviours towards life...". Nah. Nope. Don't assume that based on your misunderstanding. Not what I said or meant.

"... Razbam should just ignore the reports..." Again, twisting words. I didn't say that. I've read many of your posts and reports. Very good ones by the way and surely appreciated by the developers and users. As mentioned above, reporting a bug is something important. That's not moaning. And being quite about something is not ignoring it. You rarely see ED developers if at all arguing or discussing the progress of their products openly. They get on it, get it done, and only then announce it. Yeah, I know, not always. Somethings still need some tending by ED, but the point is, they don't get involved in an endless loop of discussion with the users. Probably learned from the past, I guess, and I'm only guessing here. However, they do respond to reported bugs or the like, but not complaints, which is my point.

"You seem to believe that one complaints just for complaint's sake..." Wrong. A reported bug, a constructive post, a helpful hint, useful criticism, etc. is something. Moaning about is something else and that quoted post was only one example among many. Too many all across the ED forums. Those are not needed, and I believe you'd agree with that.

EDIT:

Ain't gonna reply to any further comments. A discussion on the internet is the last thing I need.

S!

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

@ Rudel_chw.....Nice controls profile Rudel,pity you can't use it for purpose due to the difficulties with the keyinds,but that's a superb profile mate thumbup.gif

@ Rudel_chw.....Nice controls profile Rudel,pity you can't use it for purpose due to the difficulties with the keyinds,but that's a superb profile mate thumbup.gif

Thanks for the kind words ... It's a rough version for now, based on a prior Mig-15 profile that I had .. I didnt develop it further, left it aside until the keybindings issue is solved by the developer.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Rudel awesome map, I assume the Red ones in the profile are the ones that don't work yet.

Anyone have a picture/diagram of the actual mig 19 stick and throttle and what the functions are?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

No..you are completely wrong!...this user has paid a 'lot of money' for this module,it was WIP at the start,and although RAZBAM have corrected a multitude of silly bugs,the module many months later still requires attention.One of these issues being the paintkit.

The point in question here,is the 'Paintkit'this was promised as part of the package,when the module was released,they assured the buying masses that this would be made available to them.Many users,on being given this promise made their purchase of the module thinking that this would be the case.

If these modules were cheaper,we would all have a better attitude towards it,but they are not,they are expensive,now,if your happy with the current situation then that's your prerogative.

But don't come on here and try and belittle other user's attitudes because they show a little more adult sense of financial awareness towards their module purchases,than you do.Trying to show someone up on this forum in the way you have is pretty low IMO,especially when you are the one,making the big point of behaviours towards life.

Well said.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Rudel awesome map, I assume the Red ones in the profile are the ones that don't work yet.

No, on the Cougar the S3 button acts like a Modifier, to allow every other hat or button to have two different bindings .. for example the microstick can be used to adjust the Gunsight Target Distance if used alone, or the Target Wingspan if used while S3 is pressed ... on the diagram these functions are marked in Red :)

I gave up on this for a couple of months, and wasn't paying much attention to the fixlogs. But I recently fired it up, and my biggest complaint (the gunsite range control dial) seemed to be working properly, and the flight model seemed pretty solid, even though it had me getting my butt kicked in a dogfight...

There is no doubt a laundry list of remaining issues that need to be resolved, but I think the MiG-19 is in at least a reasonably good place right now. I really love flying it. I just wish we had more aircraft & equipment of that vintage to put in missions and fly against.

Couldn't agree more. People these days tend to focus on what is missing and/or wrong rather than appreciate what they've got. It starts in their real lives; interacting with colleagues at work, friends, family members, products they buy at all kinds of stores, etc.

A little wonder you see that same behaviour here as well.

You always hear DCS players complaining about the ATC being so rubbish, features missing in the ME, the AI being inaccurate, and the list goes on and on. All that is true and I'd love to see it done too, but the unappreciative attitude is what sickens me.

Godspeed, ED and 3rd party developers!

S!

EDIT:

I kinda feel like your overreacting with your comment. All of us are aviation fans and im sure we all love the MiG-19 else we wouldnt have bought it. I for one like the plane and its a joy to fly. There are just some minor issues with knobs and things in the cockpit not reacting very good.

The paintkit is a different story. It was announced a long time ago and RAZBAM didnt deliver. After multiple times of asking what the status was we got an answer its on its way but we should be thanking god on our knees for it because it wasnt standard procedure. And thats where it went south for me!

Either deliver or dont but changing the story while at it just seems weak. People like making liveries and thats a fact. So i dont really get why RAZBAM is ignoring that. The danger is that people will think twice on buying for example the MiG-23 and that would be a shame because we all know were in it together. Without them we cant fly a plane and without us they stop to exist.

Anyways no need for a big fuzz just hope RAZBAM looks at it from a different perspective. :thumbup:

g8PjVMw.png

People pay taxes to politicians every day who do not deliver on promises.

Just be thankful RAZBAM (and any other developers) aren't politicians.

Though that could be interesting....

Anyways, like Alpenwolf said, the module is not released as complete so until then "Quit yo jibba jabba fool!"

:balloon::balloon::balloon:

• 4 weeks later...
I gave up on this for a couple of months, and wasn't paying much attention to the fixlogs. But I recently fired it up, and my biggest complaint (the gunsite range control dial) seemed to be working properly ...

Hi,

Your post gave me hope, so I just tried this bird again today ... but sadly no, it doesnt work properly: On the Gunsight the range control works fine, but the Dive Angle and the Target Wingspan keybinds do not work.

Also, the ADF radio can be tuned with the mousewheel, but the keybinds for tuning do not work.

So, on these two aspects the MiG is still exactly as I left her on June .. almost three months and these small bugs couldnt be fixed :(

So, back onto the Hangar, perhaps on the next OB update we are fortunate and will get a fix, tough I'm not holding my breath.

Eduardo

• 4 weeks later...
I haven't bought the Mig-19 yet

I am thinking of getting this - Autumn Sale - 50% off until 4th November

I have read this thread and realise there are still a few things which need sorting out.

What do you think?

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

What do you think?

It depends which modules you already own and your budget/interest, I'll likely grab a copy when the Steam Sale hits, just to give it a look over.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

@Ramsay

Yes, same here... just thinking of grabbing a bargain myself... MiG21 fan here... just wondered what people think of the MiG19 now that some of the earlier issues appear to have been addressed?

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

...sounds to me like it's a bit of a bargain!