GRIPEN MOD

Been flying the Gripen a lot lately, just finished a 60 turn Liberation campaign with it as my main asset. A big thank you to @Jerec, I love the mod - and the western weapon addition! 

The only thing to wish for is if @Neon finds a way to use the three additional pylons for the TGP, DL and SPJ. That'd be awesome! I'd love to help, but I don't think I'm of much use when it comes to LUA scripting.

• Like 1

I have gone through and found out what happened (sync and zip issue). I combined everyones work and placed it all together with the new version of the model. I haven't had a chance to test it yet (just build everything)  and I am not sure if I moved everything over for the meteor from the rafale mod (at least until it gets into the system with the typhoon).

https://www.odrive.com/s/74fc9910-eb0a-490f-bc66-3655fdd1e731-5ff3fe1a

Edited by Neon
forgot the link.

3 hours ago, Neon said:

I have gone through and found out what happened (sync and zip issue). I combined everyones work and placed it all together with the new version of the model. I haven't had a chance to test it yet (just build everything)  and I am not sure if I moved everything over for the meteor from the rafale mod (at least until it gets into the system with the typhoon).

https://www.odrive.com/s/74fc9910-eb0a-490f-bc66-3655fdd1e731-5ff3fe1a

Thanks! I tried it out, but unfortunately it's still not recognizing the tech on the three additional pylons.

Alright I made a bit of a cleaner package and I had a chance to test. This one should work just fine

http://mods.gorgas.airforce/332nd JAS-39C.zip

KNOWN ISSUES

- Cockpit needs to be moved forward to remove clipping

- Wheel location is off needs to be fixed very slightly floats.

- fuel tank issues (its not filling them before mission for some reason, need to clean up the code.)

- Dispute continued efforts I cannot get arg 901 (fuel probe) to fire when I throw the AAR switch. Looking into other options.

- Fix and clean up code for the METEOR, assuming I can make it work.

5 hours ago, Neon said:

Alright I made a bit of a cleaner package and I had a chance to test. This one should work just fine

KNOWN ISSUES

- fuel tank issues (its not filling them before mission for some reason, need to clean up the code.)

- Dispute continued efforts I cannot get arg 901 (fuel probe) to fire when I throw the AAR switch. Looking into other options.

Thanks again! Does this mean that the three new pylons work for you? I still can't use the SPJ/DL/TGP on those. It doesn't seem as they are recognized by the aircraft (for example the SPJ and CLDP buttons are off when starting).

I haven’t done any crazy testing to make sure that the pods are working. I know the tpod is.

Thing you have to remember is that each of these packs that you can download in this threat for the most part are people’s work on the same files. It’s all based on the early Jeff to gripen cosmetics mod.

So you can’t have more than one copy installed because they will overwrite each other.

10 hours ago, Neon said:

I haven’t done any crazy testing to make sure that the pods are working. I know the tpod is.

Thing you have to remember is that each of these packs that you can download in this threat for the most part are people’s work on the same files. It’s all based on the early Jeff to gripen cosmetics mod.

So you can’t have more than one copy installed because they will overwrite each other.

Yep, I'm aware of that. I use OVGME for separating files when testing mods, just to be sure that nothing conflicts.

First of all, I'm super happy with the current state of this "unofficial" Gripen mod! In combination with Liberation it has made flying so fun.

The only thing that would make it even better is the ability to integrate the DL/SPJ/TGP functionality without taking up precious weapon hardpoints. That's why I'm so interested in whether you've made the extra pylons work, because I can't seem to get them working.

The extra pylons show up at loadout, but the aircraft won't recognize them as present when I fly. But if you're sure that you have seen the TGP work at one of the extra pylons, that's great. Now I just need to figure out why it doesn't work for me.

Edit: Just to be sure, I uninstalled all mods, ran a full DCS Repair and installed your package again. With the same result, I an equip the TGP, but it doesn't recognize it in the aircraft.

Edited by currenthill

It is possible that since ED started locking down hard points they no longer work. Basically ED started doing this thing we’re they say what can be read from what pylons.

For example the made the F-16 so that it will only take external fuel from stations 4,5,6. They may have made it so pods only work on station (put station numbers here). But since I made new slots the system may be blocking it.

Yep, I'm aware of that. I use OVGME for separating files when testing mods, just to be sure that nothing conflicts.

First of all, I'm super happy with the current state of this "unofficial" Gripen mod! In combination with Liberation it has made flying so fun.

The only thing that would make it even better is the ability to integrate the DL/SPJ/TGP functionality without taking up precious weapon hardpoints. That's why I'm so interested in whether you've made the extra pylons work, because I can't seem to get them working.

The extra pylons show up at loadout, but the aircraft won't recognize them as present when I fly. But if you're sure that you have seen the TGP work at one of the extra pylons, that's great. Now I just need to figure out why it doesn't work for me.

Edit: Just to be sure, I uninstalled all mods, ran a full DCS Repair and installed your package again. With the same result, I an equip the TGP, but it doesn't recognize it in the aircraft.

Is the tpod showing up on your plane when you put it in it’s slot?

10 minutes ago, Neon said:

It is possible that since ED started locking down hard points they no longer work. Basically ED started doing this thing we’re they say what can be read from what pylons.

For example the made the F-16 so that it will only take external fuel from stations 4,5,6. They may have made it so pods only work on station (put station numbers here). But since I made new slots the system may be blocking it.

Is the tpod showing up on your plane when you put it in it’s slot?

Okay, I see. 

The TPOD does indeed show up at the correct pylon on the plane. But it's not recognized in the SMS and will therefore not be accessible from the cockpit.

On 12/30/2020 at 6:09 PM, Jerec said:

The Gripen texture on the screenshot is available in the JF-17toGripen file. It´s available for download. I posted the download link few  posts above. 

Here´s the Western Weapons mod for the JF-17.

It replaces the SD-10 with AIM-120D, the PL-5 with AIM-9X, the C-701 with Maverick, the LD-10 with AGM-88 and the WMD-7 with AAQ28 Litening.

I didn´t add the Meteor missile, because it´s from the Rafale mod. So if you absolutely want the Meteor, download the Rafale mod and replace the Meteor shape with the SD-10 shape. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0txjobb9yv7nh21/WesternWeapons-JF-17.zip/file

I´ll try to add the RBS-15 Anti-Ship missile to the Gripen. 

Working on the Gripen is not over! Stay tuned!

I downloaded the Rafale mod and replaced the SD-10 shape with the Meteor one from the mod. The shape works, but it looks like its missing its texture. Did you do anything else to make this work? Thanks!

Edit: 

I figured out that I also had to copy the two associated (missing) textures. 

Edited by currenthill

Thanks again for this mod! 

I've been playing with the LUA-files, and changed the shapes as mentioned. It looks really cool when you fly with the BK90, Rb15 and Meteor (the Mica-IR will have to work as a IRIS-T stand-in for the moment). 

Only things missing now are the working TGP pylon, working flaps and braking canards. 👍

Gripen-mod1.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 4:46 AM, Neon said:

KNOWN ISSUES

What lines did you enter to trigger the fuel probe with the AAR switch?

On 1/18/2021 at 9:09 PM, Weezer said:

@currenthill How did you get the Rb15 on there?

Best,

Fred

Ive made some changes to filenames to add Swedish weapons and the oval fuel tanks. Do you want a link?

48 minutes ago, fatspacepanda said:

What lines did you enter to trigger the fuel probe with the AAR switch?

Ive made some changes to filenames to add Swedish weapons and the oval fuel tanks. Do you want a link?

Basically the jf-17 uses the coms menu to trigger the activation of argument 91 (I think I don’t have it in front of me) which is the animation argument for extend probe. We need to find a way to make a AAR switch also trigger the extend probe argument. 

Edited by Neon

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_BajbETcXr-AwD34q56jHfpRH2BY4dtJ?usp=sharing

Cockpit headrest is in the right place, refueling of external tanks work and model isnt floating anymore.

Meteor and pod- pylon is still not recognized by sms system. 

Liveries are Gray swedish paintjob, Made By Breadmaker and the gripen E splinter 6002 made by me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Neon said:

Basically the jf-17 uses the coms menu to trigger the activation of argument 91 (I think I don’t have it in front of me) which is the animation argument for extend probe. We need to find a way to make a AAR switch also trigger the extend probe argument. 

Okay so I looked around in the fa18 and f14 lua files since both of them have animated fuel probes, but didnt find anything. Maybe its being triggered from a file in the cockpit folder? What do you think? Would it work with doing it the same way the 14 and 18 does it?

(Both have arg 22 as fuel probe animation, if anyone wanna look artound)

Edited by fatspacepanda

Great job @fastpacepanda!! So awesome to see so many people coming together contributing to this MOD!! Let's keep it rollin! I'm currently working on a new somewhat more Hi-Fi skin, and have made a UI thingie and an all greyed out (Gripen-style) cockpit aswell..I'll post some screens later when I get home from work.

Peace,

/Fred

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@fatspacepanda - I'm not much of a .lua expert, and not really sure where to look for the actual trigger of the Probe animation. But from looking at the animation in the DCS ModelViewer, it definately seems you're right with regards no the arg. number...seems to be 22. I'm going to try and dig deeper into the .lua, and see if I can figure something out, if anyone else knows their way around the lua files a bit better, feel free to jump in..

Best,

/Fred

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Weezer said:

@fatspacepanda - I'm not much of a .lua expert, and not really sure where to look for the actual trigger of the Probe animation. But from looking at the animation in the DCS ModelViewer, it definately seems you're right with regards no the arg. number...seems to be 22. I'm going to try and dig deeper into the .lua, and see if I can figure something out, if anyone else knows their way around the lua files a bit better, feel free to jump in..

Best,

/Fred

I found this in DCS World\Mods\aircraft\JF-17\Comm\comm-lua:

-- contact GC to install/uninstall fuel probe
local updateProbe = {
    perform = function(self, parameters)
        local avINT = data.base.GetDevice(dev_radio_int_id)
        if avINT then
            avINT:avFUEL_update_probe(self.update)
        end
    end
}

updateProbe.__index = updateProbe

function updateProbe.new(updated)
    local todo = { update = updated }
    data.base.setmetatable(todo, updateProbe)
    return todo
end

menus['AAR Probe'] = { 
    name = _('AAR Probe'),
    items = {
        [1] = {name = _('Install Probe'),   command = updateProbe.new(true)},
        [2] = {name = _('Uninstall Probe'), command = updateProbe.new(false)},
    }
}
table.insert(menus['Ground Crew'].items, { name = _('AAR Probe'), submenu = menus['AAR Probe']})

That code seems to be the "Radio menu - Groundcrew - Install/Uninstall probe" call....where you ask the groundcrew to uninstall/remove the probe.

No animation involved there...You ask the groundcrew, wait for about 30 seconds, and the probe disappears.

But from what I see, it works with the gripen model aswell...so you might be on to something..

Edited by Weezer

3 hours ago, Weezer said:

That code seems to be the "Radio menu - Groundcrew - Install/Uninstall probe" call....where you ask the groundcrew to uninstall/remove the probe.

No animation involved there...You ask the groundcrew, wait for about 30 seconds, and the probe disappears.

But from what I see, it works with the gripen model aswell...so you might be on to something..

Youre right. It would be easier to change the arg value directly, right? 

So I just had a look at the JF-17 model in Modelviewer...seems like the "Probe" arg for the Jeff, is 901, and it's not an animation, just show/hide the probe.

Also I noticed that in the args list in Modelviewer, I can't seem to find a No. 22 arg.

But I'm sure I've seen it listed in one of the .Lua files...

We just need to figure out a way to trigger that animation! Do we know if the Gripen probe actually works filling fuel?

Peace,

Fred