GRIPEN MOD

1 hour ago, whisky.actual said:

I saw the texture here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309367/

Not sure Jerec did some modifications on his. Weapons are not released to my knowledge.

pretty sure most of the weapons are from Rafale  mod pack, i think you can edit the lua file to have them equipped

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I made a new swedish texture with a better rough-metal texture.

I asked the cdpkobra, the author of VSN mods Gripen to make the flaps work. I think he soon uploads a new Gripen version working with the newest DCS OB version. 

My Gripen on the screenshot is nothing but a JF-17 with external Gripen shape and the JF-17 weapons with western shapes and preferences. For example the SD-10 has the Meteor-shape and preferences! So this missile is superior to all other medium range A/A missiles! 

Screen_201223_202208.png

• Like 2

19 hours ago, whisky.actual said:

@Neon I d/l the mod and installed it to my DCS directory (got the Jeff for the free period) and overwrite the files. However, when I load JF-17 or the JAS-39 I only get the low LOD of the JF-17 in-game. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe that link you gave out was not the proper one?

Same issue here, would love to try it out. Any ideas?

3 hours ago, Jerec said:

I asked the cdpkobra, the author of VSN mods Gripen to make the flaps work. I think he soon uploads a new Gripen version working with the newest DCS OB version. 

My Gripen on the screenshot is nothing but a JF-17 with external Gripen shape and the JF-17 weapons with western shapes and preferences. For example the SD-10 has the Meteor-shape and preferences! So this missile is superior to all other medium range A/A missiles! 

Screen_201223_202208.png

What do I need to try this myself?

Edited by currenthill

@Neon I d/l the mod and installed it to my DCS directory (got the Jeff for the free period) and overwrite the files. However, when I load JF-17 or the JAS-39 I only get the low LOD of the JF-17 in-game. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe that link you gave out was not the proper one?

Your sure you installed it into your install folder?

Hiya Guys!

Just bought the JF-17, in order to try out this awesome mod. Unfortunately, when I install the folders and overwrite the files in my DCS install directory (Open Beta),

starting DCS, I get a "Module disabled" Error on the JF-17.

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Hi Neon, also here the model is not completely displayed.

Cheers

Rem27

Edited by rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Here the JF-17 Gripen replacement mod. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sf4avk6x5lolmm7/JF-17toGripen.zip/file

As it says, it makes the Jeff to Gripen, so make backups!!

I recommend the Reworked Cockpit Displays mod for the JF-17 here: JF-17 Reworked Cockpit Displays (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

I will upload the Western weapons mod for the JF-17 soon.

It will give IRIS-T, AIM-120D, Mavericks and Harpoon and AN/AAQ-28 Litening to the JF-17.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 6:39 PM, Jerec said:

Here the JF-17 Gripen replacement mod. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sf4avk6x5lolmm7/JF-17toGripen.zip/file

As it says, it makes the Jeff to Gripen, so make backups!!

I recommend the Reworked Cockpit Displays mod for the JF-17 here: JF-17 Reworked Cockpit Displays (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

I will upload the Western weapons mod for the JF-17 soon.

It will give IRIS-T, AIM-120D, Mavericks and Harpoon and AN/AAQ-28 Litening to the JF-17.

This is great! Much appreciated! 👍

On 12/28/2020 at 3:51 PM, Neon said:

I reuploaded it with the exact same package as what I work on. If this package doesnt work that means they did something that broke the mod. http://mods.gorgas.airforce/Gripen.zip

Have you gotten the WMD7 to work at the alternate position/pylon? 

is the new texture available to download? the current Gripen texture is kinda low quality . thanks

On 12/24/2020 at 2:31 AM, Jerec said:

Screen_201223_202208.png

Edited by FoxHoundELite

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Gripen texture on the screenshot is available in the JF-17toGripen file. It´s available for download. I posted the download link few  posts above. 

Here´s the Western Weapons mod for the JF-17.

It replaces the SD-10 with AIM-120D, the PL-5 with AIM-9X, the C-701 with Maverick, the LD-10 with AGM-88 and the WMD-7 with AAQ28 Litening.

I didn´t add the Meteor missile, because it´s from the Rafale mod. So if you absolutely want the Meteor, download the Rafale mod and replace the Meteor shape with the SD-10 shape. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0txjobb9yv7nh21/WesternWeapons-JF-17.zip/file

I´ll try to add the RBS-15 Anti-Ship missile to the Gripen. 

Working on the Gripen is not over! Stay tuned!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jerec said:

The Gripen texture on the screenshot is available in the JF-17toGripen file. It´s available for download. I posted the download link few  posts above. 

Here´s the Western Weapons mod for the JF-17.

It replaces the SD-10 with AIM-120D, the PL-5 with AIM-9X, the C-701 with Maverick, the LD-10 with AGM-88 and the WMD-7 with AAQ28 Litening.

I didn´t add the Meteor missile, because it´s from the Rafale mod. So if you absolutely want the Meteor, download the Rafale mod and replace the Meteor shape with the SD-10 shape. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0txjobb9yv7nh21/WesternWeapons-JF-17.zip/file

I´ll try to add the RBS-15 Anti-Ship missile to the Gripen. 

Working on the Gripen is not over! Stay tuned!

alright it works now. Hopefully there will be more normal skins from various countries for the plane because current skins for JAS-39 are mostly anniversary skins :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]