TGP FLIR Mode

Cleris

Hey all,

Was doing some A2G in this awesome airframe to get some practice in and I was using the TGP and normally I will do my initial search with the FLIR mode as I find it easier to find targets but for some reason it wasn't working like normal. It wasn't that black with the targets popping out in green but something like a weird version of the CCD mode where it was green and the blacks were standing out a little bit, couldn't pick out targets with it. I was in the air for about 15 mins. I had to log off so I didn't get a chance to try it again to see if it was just something weird or not. Anyone else having this issue or did I do something wrong maybe? Sorry I didn't think of taking a screen shot. Thank you in advance.

I think you swapped to Black Hot (BH) mode instead of White Hot (WH). This can be changed using one of the OSB pushbuttons, somewhere on the right side I think. Or it can be changed by pressing sensor select right when the TPOD is in HTS mode.

Sorry I should have stated in original post that I wasn't in WH, WH worked I guess but it was pretty hard to spot targets in it but I have trouble with the WH on the A10C as well. I will try it again tonight when I get home I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this issue also. Thank you for the response though Marsvinet.

Yeah people have reported issues with the F18 TGP too, so maybe its a more general DCS issue.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).