BF-109K-4 "Jagdflieger" Campaign Issues

Just a quick heads up regarding performance in 2.5.6 as of today: M2 grinds to single digit fps when the B-17s start shooting at the attacking Messerschmitts. Reducing the unit number is not helping too much - better, but still unplayable.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Just a quick heads up regarding performance in 2.5.6 as of today: M2 grinds to single digit fps when the B-17s start shooting at the attacking Messerschmitts. Reducing the unit number is not helping too much - better, but still unplayable.

Recently I updated the mission - and all other bomber missions - so that half the bombers hold their fire. I agree it's terrible now, and I'm pushing ED to do something about it.

I think in future campaigns I will give 3 options at the start: symbolic bomber formation (12 planes), normal formation (72 planes), and huge formation (144 bombers) - I'll have to test if this latter is a valid idea though. I'll also make sure that only 1/4 or less of the bombers open fire only.

It's really frustrating, because in 2.5.5 I was able to run it on my laptop with all 72 bombers.

I think in future campaigns I will give 3 options at the start: symbolic bomber formation (12 planes), normal formation (72 planes), and huge formation (144 bombers) - I'll have to test if this latter is a valid idea though. I'll also make sure that only 1/4 or less of the bombers open fire only.

I would prefer a lower number of bombers (so 36 in total) but all shooting at the attackers when they are in range.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 1 month later...

This campaign was very good - probably the best - I had to Google map Beny-Sur-Mer perhaps I missed something.

Same as the others 2.5.6 has definitely added bloat in there - in the past the bloat has often been there to stay in some games.

Hopefully this is down to a bug and not just down to some lighting effects nobody needed - or at least nothing should come above performance to be causing issues like this at the higher end.

This campaign was very good - probably the best - I had to Google map Beny-Sur-Mer perhaps I missed something.

Same as the others 2.5.6 has definitely added bloat in there - in the past the bloat has often been there to stay in some games.

Hopefully this is down to a bug and not just down to some lighting effects nobody needed - or at least nothing should come above performance to be causing issues like this at the higher end.

In the next update the performance will be fine tuned when using the F10 radio menu to remove some of the units. that should help a lot.

• 3 months later...

I´ve just played mission 5 and 2 minor issues came to my attention.

In the mission description - shouldn´t it say England / Great Britain instead of France?

Y40LXDw.png

And during the crossing of the channel when we are supposed to keep radio silence - Uzi 4 is calling in Indians.

He identifies with "Uzi Fier" - 4 should be written with V (Vier).

One question though - do I need to tell my wingman to attack?

Because when we were flying home I saw that he didn´t drop his bomb.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Mission 9:

- the instructions tell us to startup, take-off, rejoin over the airfield and start the navigation to Evreux at 0500;

- actual take-off time was at 0405;

- I patiently marshaled over the airfield with 11 aircraft in trail for 55 min (I found this an error but I didn’t want to break any trigger);

- kneeboard has take-off time a 07 something (if I recall correctly).

Am I missing something; is this a mission error or a specific problem with my installation?

Cheers!!!

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, the time is a typo, never mind that. 10 minutes after spawning or when everyone is airborne - whichever happens sooner you get a message to check in with Walhalla. Have you got this? After that you can proceed with the mission. You are the lead, so everyone will follow you.

8 hours ago, Reflected said:

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, the time is a typo, never mind that. 10 minutes after spawning or when everyone is airborne - whichever happens sooner you get a message to check in with Walhalla. Have you got this? After that you can proceed with the mission. You are the lead, so everyone will follow you.

Hi, I don't remember that message.

I'm sure I already got that message in this campaign but don't recall if in this specific mission. Not saying it didn't appear.

Anyway, the mission, besides that long time in holding, went well afterwards as usual.

Spoiler alert:

Spoiler

We were bounced by Mustangs when approaching Evreux.

Cheers and keep the good work!!!

• 6 months later...

I am having problems with Mission two.

I get airborne and join up with the flight overhead the airfield.  We then get a message to fly heading 060 and climb to 7000m to intercept the bomber, but the flight just keeps wildly circling overhead the airfield and never sets off to intercept.  I stayed with them for 20 minutes before giving up.  

I have tried a couple of times, but they just stay circling??

Thanks for any help,

I am on the open beta, weird thing is, first time I flew it (and couldn't get the guns working) it all worked. fine.

Now I have the guns working (and don't do anything different) it doesn't work 😂

I'll give it another go now!  I just have to join up behind them? Or is the trigger time based so it doesn't matter where I am?

I do get the radio message saying where the bombers are etc, but the 109s just keep circling

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, 

I bought this campaign recently and unfortunately i have met some issues following my allies during the second mission and i was wondering if the problem was coming from me.  
After joining my squad and during the climbing phase towards the 60° heading, i just cannot keep formation with them as they are becoming incredibly too slow. Here is a capture of me at 180 km/h \~100 knots and they where probably closer to 160 km/h, still climbing at a very good rate.   

After a while they are closing 21000ft and then they start to accelerate like crazy (close to 270 knots in less than 20 sec at this high altitude).  5 minutes later i eventually close on them but once more struggle to slow down enough (even doing slowing rolls, etc....). 

PS: really enjoyed the first mission

1637214805810.jpg

Hey, thanks for checking in. Unfortunately the way the AI climbs, accelerates and decelerates is hard coded and I have no control over it in the mission editor. Soon you'll get used to it.

Make sure you trim your aircraft perfectly, the ball is centered, and also don't try to pitch up too much and bleed speed. Point your nose below your leader's and keep your speed higher.

• 1 year later...

Started Jagdflieger M1 and was little surprised when my superior landed although the Mustangs attacked the airfield at that moment.
Ok, later he rises again while I was already busy defending, but that was not the fine comradely way 😅
The message "Mustangs! <profanity>!" came about 3-5 minutes to late. As well as the message that everything is ok again and you could land now (but this last one wouldn't be that important).
Going into M2 now...

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

6 hours ago, Ganesh said:

Started Jagdflieger M1 and was little surprised when my superior landed although the Mustangs attacked the airfield at that moment.
Ok, later he rises again while I was already busy defending, but that was not the fine comradely way 😅
The message "Mustangs! <profanity>!" came about 3-5 minutes to late. As well as the message that everything is ok again and you could land now (but this last one wouldn't be that important).
Going into M2 now...

Thanks, keep in mind the campain is getting a big update with the Normandy 2 update.

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Reflected:

Thanks, keep in mind the campain is getting a big update with the Normandy 2 update.

Great!👍🏻

At Reflected big means big i guess 😁 So can you give an approximate time window? Spring, Summer, Autumn?

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Reflected:

Yes 😄

😂 Great! So the usual "two weeks" i quess.

regards Ganesh

Bo-105 PAH1A1

On 3/15/2023 at 7:20 PM, Reflected said:

Oh no.  I just started the campaign a second time.  I guess I should wait for the Normandy 2 update.  Are you updating your mustang campaign also?