BF-109K-4 "Jagdflieger" Campaign Issues

I did some more digging today and I found the problem, Hurrah!

The texture is just named Bf-109, while it should be named Bf-109K-4_DIF

Correct: dnPgpuK.png

False: NsUYEbc.png

EDIT: The bug hunting isnt quite over yet, oh joy.

The specular map still seems to be not loading properly:

XegVNhI.png

EDIT2: So looking at this thread (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193596) I realized that the specular map has been replaced with rough_met for a while with 2.5 now. This makes sense as in the Description there is no reference to a Specular map but to a RoughMet. I also looked at PorcoRosso's skins that are downloadable here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2600231/ . I now replaced the default spec file with the RoughMet file that comes with PorcoRosso's liveries and voilá:

FJaYJGf.png

So it seems something has gone wrong with the textures and their names that were included with the campaign. Hope this helps you pinpoint what went wrong and how to get it fixed in a patch, I'll go and enjoy the campaign now (Mission 2 already done and it was great!) with my hacked together files.

Edited by Etirion

Hah, thanks for the screenshot! It should not look like that, the file structure. I have a hunch that for those who had PorcoRosso's skin already installed, the installer somehow skipped them. Is that possible? This is the file structure of every skin I submitted along with the campaign:

attachment.php?attachmentid=215286&stc=1&d=1565487851

Each and every one of them has the "_DIF" in their name, and none of them have SPEC files but roughmets.

109.jpg.0f6f6bb1072043bdab5d7ec04b6328a2.jpg

Since I dont have the skins under Bazar\Liveries maybe for those its working the correct skins are installed there and the campaign is using those. Might also be worth checking in the mission editor then if there are 2 sets of skins, 1 working and one not.

I managed to rework all my missions - including my 2 prevous campaigns - in order to accommodate the recent AI tasking changes. I was too late for this week's update, so hopefully they will be included in the next one. Thanks for your patience!

Hi Reflected,

The OB was just updated, but no mention of the campaign on the changelog. Do you know if they included the new fixed missions you made, please?

Tks,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

Hi Reflected,

The OB was just updated, but no mention of the campaign on the changelog. Do you know if they included the new fixed missions you made, please?

Tks,

Sydy

Hi Sydy, yes, I sent the files juust a little bit too late. Now ED has them and will hopefully include in the next update. I also added more voice overs to mission 1 to indicate when Carpiquet is clear again.

Hi Sydy, yes, I sent the files juust a little bit too late. Now ED has them and will hopefully include in the next update. I also added more voice overs to mission 1 to indicate when Carpiquet is clear again.

Pretty cool! Sounds great.

I am in a vibe to fly warbirds lately. I flew the Tsunami Campaign twice and flew the first Jagdflieger mission also twice. LOL

I am planning to convert the Tsunami campaign to the Fw-190A A-8, but I will write to the publisher first. That’s another nice bird to fly and I am sure the community will enjoy having an 190 A-8 Campaign as well.

All the best,

Sydy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Reflected,

Do you know if they updated the campaign or just not yet?

Tks,

Sydy

I've been told it has been, although it wasn't featured in the changelog. Let me know if you experience anything strange - like formations not taking off and/or heading out separately.

Tks Reflected,

I will try this weekend!

Hello

Just bought and started campaign.

On Mission 1, 30 seconds after take off, engine fails , every time. *In the report there are to failure lines with "Aw shoot"

Any idea about what's wrong with me? (random failures are off)

Many thanks

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Hello

On Mission 1, 30 seconds after take off, engine fails , every time. *In the report there are to failure lines with "Aw shoot"

Many thanks

Hi,

Follow my checklist on the dot and you will be ok.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247894

Good luck,

Sydy

Hello

Many thanks

I suspect overrevving, that's what can kill the engine really fast.

- take off with the prop pitch set to manual, 12:00

- set it to auto as soon as you are airborne. immediately after your wheels leave the ground.

- make sure you don't use full throttle - that, without switching the MW50 on can also cause issues. All you need is 1.3 ATA to take off.

There are no failures programmed into the mission. Follow Sydy's checklist, or the one I included in your kneeboard. Let me know if the above works!

5.) The sheer number of AI in mission #2, while impressive, is extremely demanding. Perhaps changing the default mode to be the "performance" mode, with an option for a greater number of AI in the comm menu instead. With an i5 8600k, 16gb ddr4 (DCS only uses ~6gb at most anyways), GTX 1070, and the game on an ssd, I was maintaining about 0.2 to 3 fps at best once engaged with the bombers. In mission #1 and early mission #2 fps was roughly 90-100, so it was a significant drop.

:D)

As you just said the mission n.2 for me is too demanding for most of the PCs in VR, also in the more performance settings with less AI aircrafts.

What is strange is that I don't have the same issue in the "blue nose bastards campaign" dogfighting with the P51 among the Germans and the bomber formation, the FPS is quite good. But here as I see the bombers incoming before fighting my FPS get lower to zero! Impossible to fly it in VR.

No issues at all in mix n.1 and I enjoyed it so much.

I7 8700K 32 GB 1080TI 11GB SSD Oculus Rift S

Ciao

• 1 month later...
Do you have wake turbulencd turned off? Try that, and if it doesn’t help, be more drastic with your gfx settings. Try to lower your textures and shadows, or you can use the “vr” preset, and if it works fine you can work your way up from there gradually.

Yes thanks, with wake turbulencd turned off it works fine as usual, you got the point, problem solved

1. Why don't works \+F10+F1 ???

How to remove objects for best performance ?

2. How to enable full swastika(Hakenkreuz) on bf109 ??? All Liveries from Campaign have a full swastika!But in game it not able :(((

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp