ASM in the Anton

iFoxRomeo

No it's not ASMR:music_whistling:

Two updates before, I thought a bug with the electrical system was introduced.

But I finally came to the conclusion, that it works as intended.

I made a video, why I think that.

I'll check the landing gear again, because I already noticed that it sometimes doesn't want to stay up. But when pushing the plane when the gear pins are nearly retracted, then the gear locks in the upper position. Have not checked if it depends on the airspeed when retracting.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the manual says:

"Give an interval of at least 3 seconds before flipping the second switch after you flip the

first. The aircraft's system is capable of recharging only four weapons simultaneously."

and

"Before re-enabling the failed system, you

must wait a few seconds to cool the elements of the circuit breaker."

(haven't read it either :)

So then it probably is not a bug. But haven't found anything regarding the undercarriage.

We need to ask a real FW190 pilot how it was behaving back then...

Favorite module: F16C 💥
Currently learning F15E 👨‍🏫
13900k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - Varjo Aero - TM Warthog Hotas - Pedals

and regarding the undercarriage, it has to be completely in before 280km/h and only after the gear is in, flaps should be retracted. and brakes have to be gently applied before raising the gear. (just reading through some official manuals for the A1 :)

1. brakes

2. gear 10sec.

3. flaps 14 sec.

i will try that now...

Edited by OG84

yep guys that's it. I just tested this on burning skies, and the undercarriage is working fine as long as you follow the above steps.

yep guys that's it. I just tested this on burning skies, and the undercarriage is working fine as long as you follow the above steps.

Cool. That's what I thought.

Fox

edit: I tested the landing gear. It is not primarily the speed. You can retract it even at 450km/h. But as soon as you pull during the final phase of retraction, the load is too high and the CB will pop up. And during retraction the Anton gets a nose up tendency. So either don´t pull, better trim or even push a bit just before the landing gear pin disappears.

Edited by iFoxRomeo
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Why would hot guns require any more current to fire?

Its not hot guns. There are current peaks, every time the guns have to reload electrically, when a round fails for example. The original weapon manual states that the guns reload after failure, when the triggers get released. So long firing with all guns gives a good chance, that several guns fail and must reload electrically when you put your fingers from the triggers. The manual states, that you have to wait at least 3 seconds reloading the outer guns because of "intollerable high current peaks".

I never encountered these problems when giving short bursts. Only firing all guns an unhealthy long time for singel barrels let my CBs jump during my test. So I see this behaviour as realistic feature at the moment.

Edited by Foxmike