TPOD in VR

Sparky1b09

I really enjoyed the TPOD. But on the downside, while twisting sideways you won't be able to easily access the FLIR on/off switch in VR either. It's that difficult to get to in VR. I can't find this switch anywhere in the controls which means no HOTAS or Voiceattack binds. I really hope they add these switches to the controls section soon so we can bind them to something.

Edited by BIGNEWY

I really enjoyed the TPOD. But on the downside, while twisting sideways you won't be able to easily access the FLIR on/off switch in VR either. It's that difficult to get to in VR. I can't find this switch anywhere in the controls which means no HOTAS or Voiceattack binds. I really hope they add these switches to the controls section soon so we can bind them to something.

Ha..!! Your description literally made what I was just drinking come out my nose..!! :megalol:

*types this while wiping Orange Juice off the keyboard*

Edited by BIGNEWY

How come? The FLIR controls are slightly in front of the INS / Radar controls that we're anyway setting at startup. While you're setting those, you can also toggle FLIR / LST / LSS switches and be done with it.

I'm about as agile as a brick, but I haven't had issues with accessing that switch. Rift S user.

P.S. All of the above is valid with pilot body OFF. If you switch it on, you can't reach anything and then your suggested exercise applies :)

Edited by BIGNEWY

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

How come? The FLIR controls are slightly in front of the INS / Radar controls that we're anyway setting at startup. While you're setting those, you can also toggle FLIR / LST / LSS switches and be done with it.

I'm about as agile as a brick, but I haven't had issues with accessing that switch. Rift S user.

P.S. All of the above is valid with pilot body OFF. If you switch it on, you can't reach anything and then your suggested exercise applies :)

This!

Additionally it might be that your VR position is too leant forward, in the view tab you can lean backward a bit.

And finally, what can ED do about it? the switch is in the same place that the real aircraft :/

With pilot body on or off, don’t seem to have an issue accessing the toggle switches on the right console (right hip) panel. Not sure what the difference is, use an Oculus CV1, sit in a Recaro race seat (race/flight sim config), and use the TM Warthog HOTAS. Nowhere near the difficulty of accessing the TACAN volume knob, nor the strain of rotating/twisting the torso to look at 5/6/7 o’clock angles when merging with a bandit or while maneuvering during extreme tactical situations. Not a fatty here, but not a bean pole either. Curious..... must just be a difference in personal ability/agility. Certainly can’t perform the task OP mentioned, as a necessary skill set. Not upset about it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I really hope they add these switches to the controls section soon so we can bind them to something.

DIY solution is to add these lines to the Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Input/FA-18C/joystick/default.lua after the "join(res.keyCommands,{" line.

-- TGP INTERFACE
{ down = tgp_commands.Flir, up = tgp_commands.Flir, cockpit_device_id = devices.TGP_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up= 0.0, name = _('FLIR Switch ON/STBY'),   category = {_('TGP')}},
{ down = tgp_commands.Flir, up = tgp_commands.Flir, cockpit_device_id = devices.TGP_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up= 0.0, name = _('FLIR Switch OFF/STBY'),  category = {_('TGP')}},
{ down = tgp_commands.Ltdr, up = tgp_commands.Ltdr, cockpit_device_id = devices.TGP_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up= 0.0, name = _('LTD/R Switch ARM/SAFE'), category = {_('TGP')}},
{ down = tgp_commands.Ltdr, up = tgp_commands.Ltdr, cockpit_device_id = devices.TGP_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up= 0.0, name = _('LTD/R Switch AFT/SAFE'), category = {_('TGP')}},

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

DIY solution is to add these lines to the Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Input/FA-18C/joystick/default.lua after the "join(res.keyCommands,{" line.

-- TGP INTERFACE
{ down = tgp_commands.Flir, up = tgp_commands.Flir, cockpit_device_id = devices.TGP_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up= 0.0, name = _('FLIR Switch ON/STBY'),   category = {_('TGP')}},
{ down = tgp_commands.Flir, up = tgp_commands.Flir, cockpit_device_id = devices.TGP_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up= 0.0, name = _('FLIR Switch OFF/STBY'),  category = {_('TGP')}},
{ down = tgp_commands.Ltdr, up = tgp_commands.Ltdr, cockpit_device_id = devices.TGP_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up= 0.0, name = _('LTD/R Switch ARM/SAFE'), category = {_('TGP')}},
{ down = tgp_commands.Ltdr, up = tgp_commands.Ltdr, cockpit_device_id = devices.TGP_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up= 0.0, name = _('LTD/R Switch AFT/SAFE'), category = {_('TGP')}},

Funky you are a life saver! How did you know what/where did you find the lua code was for the switches? Any idea what the code is for the LST/NFLR switch too? :helpsmilie:

Sinclair ZX81 - 1K RAM - 16K Wobbly Ram Pack - Tape Drive - Kempston Joystick :helpsmilie:

I have no problem whatsoever in reaching any switches anywhere in that cockpit. I honestly don't understand how you can have any issues unless you are sitting in some odd position.

This...

Its a total non issue in VR.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

How did you know what/where did you find the lua code was for the switches? Any idea what the code is for the LST/NFLR switch too? :helpsmilie:

In the file DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\clickabledata.lua you find the necessary information. The LST/NFLR switch is not implemented yet. So you cant create functions for that atm.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

-- TGP INTERFACE

Are the safe and standby values working for you? my On-off-On toggle only seems to be reflected in the cocpit in the on states. although i do hear the audio of all 3 positions.

I have no problem whatsoever in reaching any switches anywhere in that cockpit. I honestly don't understand how you can have any issues unless you are sitting in some odd position.

+2

I find the Hornet cockpit one of the best if not the best cockpit for VR. All switches frequently used are accessible for me even with the pilot body on which I have on all the time. The HUD is no problem to see and the new TGP is really clear to see and all this with an "old" Rift CV1.

On a side note I just pre-ordered the Viper and really hope that pit is similar in clarity to the Hornets, if so I'll be a happy camper.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I had no issues accessing it with pilot body off.

But yea, with it on you can't at all.

(Hence a hotas bind to show/hide pilot)

Well the hide and show pilot body is pretty much a must for anyhing at some point VR and non-VR, like a cold start, how in hell can we siwtch APU switch on and crank engines with our non moving pilot body that is afraid the throttle handle falls to the ground by hlding it 24hr/24hr :) i simply binded it to Left CTRL+Up arrow, easy to find with VR on the way im setup with my keyboar in front of me.

I am hoping that someone here can help me as I did a search for LTDR switch on F18

wont ARM. I watched the new Wags video and tried to do everything He did, but

the LTDR switch will only do Center (off) and AFT.

And the reason that I cant turn it on is because it is not loaded nor available for station 5 on the F18. I have the latest version of everything

and do not understand why the ligtning pod is not available ?

Not sure what I am doing wrong

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Edited by ctguy1955

I am hoping that someone here can help me as I did a search for LTDR switch on F18

And the reason that I cant turn it on is because it is not loaded nor available for station 5 on the F18. I have the latest version of everything

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Make sure your master Arm is arm and you selected A/G mode, if not in A/G mode i think the switch won't arm

Edited by Doum76

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Also you can't arm it if you are on the ground.

+2

I find the Hornet cockpit one of the best if not the best cockpit for VR. All switches frequently used are accessible for me even with the pilot body on which I have on all the time. The HUD is no problem to see and the new TGP is really clear to see and all this with an "old" Rift CV1.

On a side note I just pre-ordered the Viper and really hope that pit is similar in clarity to the Hornets, if so I'll be a happy camper.

Hey Bart, yep no issues here. Just a quick one. I recently sold my CV1 and got the rift s the dials, numbers everything are now crystal clear. In case you were thinking of upgrading.

:thumbup:

Its amazing in the reverb. Just like on the screen visuals.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well, having to turn the wrist outside by almost 180° when using the VR controller to be able to right click those knobs on the right console is kinda uncomf'ble. But that's a wholly differenct issue.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

That's great to hear. How is the performance hit on your system? Have you used different VR headsets in comparison?

Performance is great.

I used a cv1 before, and it literally ran great with the CV1 settimgs including a pd of 1.8. Ive tweaked stuff since, but mostly turning things UP not down.