[BUG /DCS BUG?] Datalink not showing critical threats while AWACS sees them (MP)

TAW_Blaze

Datalink is often not showing critical threats i.e. 10 nm hot towards you despite AWACS seeing them and calling them for prolonged periods. Instead it is showing irrelevant friendly units far away.

DL was configured correctly with jester setting the tactical mode and host set to E3. Most recent open beta in MP.

Track here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ypdnfn5j2v7nq0j/f14_datalink_not_showing_critical_threats_while_awacs_sees_them.trk/file

In the 3rd flight for instance I target 2 flankers over open water closing to less than 15 miles and none showed on DL. It might have happened earlier in the track aswell, I don't exactly recall.

FYI https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243682&highlight=datalink this thread seems to describe a fairly similar issue.

Edited by IronMike

This could be huge, as I've also noticed that the F-18's data link shows more hits than what the F-14 does. I have to completely change my strategy for engagements; and in tacview - I often find myself turning cold on targets mapped by AWACS 10-15 NM from me and fleeing from engagements that I could other wise have the advantage.

Is this a limitation of the F-14's equipment?

I7 8770K @Stock / 32 GB DDR4 / ASUS Prime Z370-A / MSI Armor GTX 1070 8GB / Samsung 850Pro x 4 Drives in R0 @ (2GBS R&W) / Windows 10 Pro

I seriously doubt that, it is supposed to prioritize threats for you individually. Datalink is worthless if it doesn't tell you where the guys are that you want to find.

Imagine the prioritizing algorithm be like: "hey there's a guy 10 miles from you locking you up, but let's display some tanker 200 miles out instead of him lol"

Edited by <Blaze>

I can also concur that this has happened to me on the 104th. AWACS calls a bandit down from 50 to 10nm whilst it did not show once on datalink, yet it shows every friendly. I have no track files sorry just word of mouth.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

The awacs is pretty well simulated for the f14. Bandits can notch the awacs radar similar to yours and have a better chance of hiding in ground clutter.

I doubt you understood the point. AWACS sees them clearly since it's calling it over radio. For prolonged periods.

I doubt you understood the point. AWACS sees them clearly since it's calling it over radio. For prolonged periods.

I plan on working to to try to gather more information - test this issue a bit further and post it here.

I7 8770K @Stock / 32 GB DDR4 / ASUS Prime Z370-A / MSI Armor GTX 1070 8GB / Samsung 850Pro x 4 Drives in R0 @ (2GBS R&W) / Windows 10 Pro