Wish List

Boneski

Do you think we will ever see a working U.S. based carrier with an active catapult, landing system, and a Navy Jet (i.e. F/A-18 ) for some carrier ops? There are a lot of us that would like to have a Naval Wing like we use to have with Janes F-18. I wonder if it is possible to use any of the code from Janes F/A-18 in DCS.

Edited by Risk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Steps to improve enemy AI in Flamming Cliffs 2?

Hi

Has someone noted that Lock-On-Flamming-Cliffs2 has a very limited set of dogfighting AI skills?

For example, I normally set up a mission where I appear 500mtrs behind one enemy in a 1v1 guns-only dogfight.

The enemy AI only performs loops of different types to try to shake me.

No matter if the AI is set at Average, Good,etc they only resorts to different types of vertical loops. I have seen this AI behavior on F-15C, F-14A, F-5E, etc but not on Mirage2000. On the mirage, the AI tries a little to perform other types of ACM.

With similar guns-only missions on the original LockOn, the AI almost do not perform loops and tries to jink and several other moves.

It is very very boring, to do a gunsonly dogfight with an enemy that only perform vertical loops.

Do you know how could I force the AI to do other moves in Flamming-Cliffs2?

(Obviously I would prefer to play Flamming-Cliffs2 because of the improved graphics and flying-model than the original LockOn)

TIA,

ralch

Guatemala

No matter if the AI is set at Average, Good,etc...

A.I. skill level setting has nothing to do with skill in performing manouvers etc etc......the setting only affects when he'll spot you, ie on excellent he'll spot you sooner and average he'll spot you later and so on.

MP is you best bet if you want to be involved in authentic dogfights.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I did some testing with putting 8 AI P-51 against another 8 AI P-51

the ensuing dogfight was ridiculous to look at. The AI's dogfighting logic is really horrible.

they suck at deflection shooting and they perform the same set of moves all the time. Really could use some work.

I watched an F-16 dogfighting training video that was posted on the forums quite some time ago and it said the only maneuver you should ever perform is horizontal loops. That other more flashy moves like the yo-yo etc. would just cause you to lose extra energy and give your opponent the advantage. I don't know how good this video was, but maybe "boring dogfights" are more realistic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish that in FC3,missiles and planes AFM, beside gravity,air density is also calculated. That will bring us closer to the reality,and it will bring new aproach and tactics in BVR attacks.

Смрт фашизму,слобода народу!

I wish there's a possibility for me to pay access to a special forum in which I would be able to get weekly updates on FC3 developement and see in-game, work-in-progress video clips or screenshots.

It would be also cool to have a supporter badge or something I could wear in my signature (this supporter badge could be worn only by folks who paid for it).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Why it was not changed in FC3? A major weakness.

It wast a future of FC1/2 and LO, never. But Right, will be nice to see this option.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Maybe because it's an arcade game?

• Like 1

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

It was calculated in the original LOMAC already.

I wish that in FC3,missiles and planes AFM, beside gravity,air density is also calculated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Then explain it here. I add it also in the config. But the Su25T then still not responding to "iCommandWheelBrake" Command.

wb.jpg

Well, if you can not force LOFC to assign axis to command-controlled wheel brake, then make axis to issue command which controlls breaking (iirc it is "w")! I think this is known here, but maybe you missed it:

Use software, and create corresponding profile for your pedals. If you want to control intensity of braking (as I wanted), then the trick is to create quickly repeating sequence of "w" (wheel brake) pressing and releasing.

I have saitek-pedals as you, so I use Saitek Profiler (or as they call it now, Smart Technology, btw ugly peace of software!). Split your pedal-axis into 20 successive non-overlapping bands and assign quickly repeating "w" (wheel brake) commands of different length, i.e.:

band_01: w_pressed_for_1ms - w_released_and_wait_19ms (and cyclic repeat)

band_02: w_pressed_for_2ms - w_released_and_wait_18ms

band_19: w_pressed_for_19ms - w_released_and_wait_1ms

band_20: w_pressed (full braking, no brake/release cycle)

One "press-release" cycle (with different press/release ratios for different bands) takes 20ms, so it is repeated 50 times per second. Quickly enough not to notice any visible "shaking" of your jet.

This way you can controll braking by pedals and even controll intensity of braking (the more you press pedal, the "more" wheel-brake you apply), which is good i.e. during landing in formation with more jets together (when leader can not apply full braking). Of course, this way you can not controll left/right wheel separatelly, that is a limitation of LOFC. And do not open chat-window while braking, or you'll be surprised by seeing "wwwwwwwwww..." :-)

Is there any chance ED will introduce flashing NAV lights or strobe lights in FC3? Su-25 has it even back in FC1 and FC2, is it too hard to add that for rest of FC3 aircraft?

+1, how hard can this be, F4 has had it why back in the early 2000's.....come on.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

WRT to F15 Airfield navigation. Would it be possible to add to the HUD the specific Airfield reference number (as used in the SU25T) when switching between Airfields in RTN mode and ILS. Have the number in the same place as the INS Waypoint number. In this way when you say select ILS Number 11 you know that is for Batumi airfield etc

List posted by YoYo in the F15C Navigation thread:

nowy2j.jpg

Edited by IvanK

Another wish for my realistic MiG-29 (and in this case Flankers too)

OLS (IRST) system has rangefinder, but only effective up to 10-15km. A B1 showing its fat 6 o'clock to me with full AB can be detected from 80-90km too, but laser rangefinder would only dream determining that range.

Dunno if it can be done. . . maybe limiting the range scale up to 10km in IRST Scan mode? (it would disturb the combined radar-irst mode availability i guess)

Thank you.

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass: