T.16000m stick, can i remove spring and sill work? Or not work properly?

Rick50

Recently I saw a recommendation for helicopter sims that a very light or even removed spring makes it easier to fly a heli in a sim with better precision. I have a spare T.16000m stick, and I wonder if I can remove the stiff spring, but wonder if it won't work properly anymore, or if it would be fine???

I suspect this won't work, but hope I'm wrong. What do you think???

I have that model and if you remove the spring I "suspect" that... the stick will tip forward or to some corner.

So I would advise against it.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I have that model and if you remove the spring I "suspect" that... the stick will tip forward or to some corner.

So I would advise against it.

Actually that's the idea... but I wonder if without the spring, will the stick still be held in place? Will the sensors and commands still work?

I might use some R/C car dampners on the stick instead of the spring, but either way it would feel more like a helicopter cyclic, as the further you move it, you don't get increasing resistance that you do on fixed wing a/c. I know some other sim heli pilots have removed springs from their joysticks for this reason, for more precise control of their helis, but I don't know if anyone's ever done it in the TM T.16000M yet, not even sure it's doable!

An option is remove the spring and put - externally, a rubber boot, this keep grip more or less centralized.

For example, this with metal ball gimbal don't use spring, just the boot.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/uploads/monthly_08_2015/post-683-0-56808800-1439970591.jpg

Interesting... and it seems he added a few of his own buttons too!

So he did remove the spring altogether then?