Trinus VR and DCS

Ycops

Hello Pilots! :music_whistling:

I have some questions about the VR mode and the compatibility with TrinusVR . Thanks in advance for the people that will help me :thumbup:

So, I have TrinusVR on the pc and on the phone. I chose the "stereo" mode from the options on DCS but I can't move around my cockpit.

I've read something on the forum about TrackIR, FreePie etc, but I can't understand very well what to do...

And if it's possible, I would like to move on the X-Y-Z axis, can I do that with TrinusVR?

If someone can help , I would be grateful !

P.S. : I know that TrinusVR isn't the best solution to have DCS in VR, but the VR setup is too much expensive, so I would like to make a "made in house" one...:music_whistling:

Thanks in advance! :smilewink:

I'm Curious Now, Does The Color Of The Sky Matter To You?

Strigon Squadron Leader

Strigon 1

Dont waist your time. I tried Trinus Vr and Riftcat. Its unplayeble. Finally I bought WMR Lenovo explorer and I am happy. Now it is not soo expensive if you have good CPU.

I7 8700K, 16 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 , SSD, 2 DOF Motion platform (DIY), MMjoy2 DIY Joystick + throttle + pedals, WMR Lenovo Explorer

I'll have to agree with Dejau. Don't waste your time and money on a Trinus based setup.

Before I bought my Rift cv1 I did some experiments connecting my PSVR to my pc using Trinus. Although it did kinda work, it still requires a pc with adequate (high-end) specs, so you won't be saving much money that way. Also the cv1 can be purchased rather cheap nowadays, especially if you do like me and buy a 2nd-hand one (many people are stepping over to next gen HMD's so there should be plenty available)

But most importantly... You really want to have 6DOF (x, y, z as you called it) and, please correct me if I'm wrong, Trinus won't support this.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I know... But I thought to use Trinus with an another application that supports the 6DOF . Just a few seconds ago I tried OpenTrack...Maybe I didn't setup something, but was unplayable.

You're right , Trinus doesn't support 6DOF , but is there any other application/software that supports this...?

Like I said, my pc can't support a "real VR" but I would like to make one with my phone... I've read many Threads about TrinusVR on dcs and many of them solved their problem... but I didn't understand how

Just saying this :)

Strigon Squadron Leader

Strigon 1

Yes, maybe I'm waisting time, but I can't have a VR for now... Like I said, I would prefer to have some tips on "how to make a simple (maybe not playable at 100%) vr setup with trinus" and other applications for the 6Dof movement

Strigon Squadron Leader

Strigon 1

I played DCS using Riftcat and driver4vr with kinect 360. It was 6 dof. but not stable. After few minutes needed to recenter. My adwise dont waist your time and money. It is friendly adwise. Before i Bought Lenovo explorer i waisted a lot of money for junk like Trinus, Riftcat, driver4vr, kinect 360....

I dont recomend VR using phone because it is not good for your eyes. nad it is only 60 Hz. Save you money for new PC and next gen VR.

Edited by Dejau

I7 8700K, 16 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 , SSD, 2 DOF Motion platform (DIY), MMjoy2 DIY Joystick + throttle + pedals, WMR Lenovo Explorer