KA-50 king supreme

The_GOZR

If i understand well the KA-50 will reign in king with no other opposition ?

Question to the testers.

Who the KA-50 will be opposed ? certainly not a jet or the fight will be real short in matter of seconds.

What can be the enemy with an equivalent aspect ? For example a ONLINE situation would it be just KA50 fighting each others ? like only F15 killing each others or some maybe someone will controls the ground tanks ? But it cannot be A10 versus the KA50... humm!

The russians have at least 2 other types, KA-52 and MI-28 (probably more) that are much more armed and more capable. How they compare to the apache I dont know.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

hey Pilotasso,

I don't understand your answer to The_Gozr's question. What ac will be opposing the BS? Certainly not other Russian helos? Or maybe yes, Russian helos? Anyway, I'd think that air to air fights would not be the BS's main worry, but rather ground anti-air assests. I would not think to risk a combat helo where I did not have local air superiority, or at least friendly air about to keep the bogeys away while the BS went about it's business of cleaning out enemy ground units. What do you think, P?

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

I don't understand your answer to The_Gozr's question. What ac will be opposing the BS? Certainly not other Russian helos? Or maybe yes, Russian helos? Anyway, I'd think that air to air fights would not be the BS's main worry, but rather ground anti-air assests. I would not think to risk a combat helo where I did not have local air superiority, or at least friendly air about to keep the bogeys away while the BS went about it's business of cleaning out enemy ground units. What do you think, P?

Flyby out

Mental fart. Sorry. Been sweeping across thousands of aircraft part numbers today at work. I was so fed up this afternoon I started to skip stuff. :D

These posts included because Im damn tired.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The scenario would be what the Ka-50 would be expected to do in real life - CAS, anti-armor, light interdiction. The Ka-50 has a complex datalink system, with which up to 4 helicopters can work together to attack a group of targets.

For a clean head to head fight, there will be another coalition which can use the Ka-50.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

get some sleep!

Mental fart. Sorry. Been sweeping across thousands of aircraft part numbers today at work. I was so fed up this afternoon I started to skip stuff. :D

These posts included because Im damn tired.

no problem, P. Get some sleep and come back fresh and strong. ;) now how about a new answer?:megalol:

Flyby out

He said it...Cobra and Apache!

So, it's gonna be coop MP most of the time.

BTW if you look at the facts, there hasn't been many Helo vs Helo dogfights IRL. Helicopters became very popular during Vietnam war but NVA and Vietcong had no opposing helos to counter US helos.

Same thing happened during Soviet operations in Afganistan and Chechnya. No opposing helos!

Dester Storm and Iraqi Freedom etc.

So possibility of helo dogfights in BS might make that game a bit arcadish!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

actually?

Iran-Iraq, actually ...

I wonder how that helo combat went? I wonder how manpads will be implemented in BS. If a BS flight was trying to provide combat air support flying against Western ground forces would it really come into contact with Apaches, and Cobras? I suppose it could, especially if Western forces had established local air superiority, then called their gunships in. But I'd have to figure the BS flight would have required local air superiority too before going in. Might get a little messy if the air battle was in a state of flux. Yeah! Suppose neither side had air superiority, but the gunships on both sides had to go in to provide support for their ground forces? Man, that's going to choke the old 2.8 cpu. But nothing like a desperate situation! Black Sharks ride to the rescue!!

Maybe someday someone will create such a mission then report on frame rates when things get really busy on the ground and in the air. I'd better sweet-talk the wife so I can upgrade my system!:D

I'd better take a break and breathe slowly:pilotfly:

Flyby out

rgrt D-S,

I did some searches looking for that very information but came up with a blank about that specific info. I did find several references to the Iran-Iraq air war. Seems to be a few books out on the subject.

There was a whole Tommy Lee Jones and Nicholas Cage movie dedicated to helicopter air 2 air fighting so its at least warranted in a video game.

I won't be surprised if the game is designed around having well made co-op missions or just A2G dedicated servers with just Su-25a/t, A-10, and Ka-50.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

There was a whole Tommy Lee Jones and Nicholas Cage movie dedicated to helicopter air 2 air fighting so its at least warranted in a video game.

I won't be surprised if the game is designed around having well made co-op missions or just A2G dedicated servers with just Su-25a/t, A-10, and Ka-50.

I saw that movie. It was complete bollocks :P

The Ka50 can just about manage A2A . . . . but so far I've never felt comfortable in such a situation. Against a fighter (regardless of what Firebirds may have you believe), I'd just run and hide . . . .

BS will provide a lot more options for serious coop ground pounding missions, For helicopters the a2a aspect is a last chance option IRL and in BS, for me it has always been pointless this helo vs. helo discussion. Not that the history doesn't know such events but in modern combat field the last thing the helos would be assigned to is fighter sweep. When you fly a Boeing in MSFS what do you usualy do - navigate or dogfight those pesky Airbuses? :D

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Mi24 vs Apache:

mi24iraq21jt.jpg

No Vikhrs present there, so I'm guessing Cannons at twenty paces?.........:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'