Few small things to improve the Fulcrum combat effectiveness and realism

I just wanted to compile a small list of improvements for the fulcrum that easy to do and would increases Fulcrum combat effectiveness ( so I am not going to ask for R-27 flight model update even though I think it is critical and the biggest thing hurting it, nor DL HUD mode display or AAQ radar modes since they would require a lot of work)

So here is the list:

1. CM counter. it just a two numbers to display you already have in the code. The display is '60' right behind the stick.

I can't even count how many times it got me killed not knowing the number of CM left.

***Fixed***

2. HUD Steering Cue out of Bounds. The should be confined to the HUD itself.

I keep wasting precious time when locking the target in vertical search trying to figure where the hell is it just because the steering cue is nowhere to be found

targetLocked3.PNGtargetLocked2.PNG

3. Radar angles and modes hard reset. I hate when on jamming or mode change, target loss etc, angles and ranges reset... in the real aircraft those are hard switches with positions, the radar should stay where it is. Again, is is adding confusion and time loss

4. Of course nav panel/number. Nothing brakes immersion like having to go to F10 map or such.

***Fixed***

5. Lighten up more the RWR panel

***Fixed***

6. Sound launch Que when locked with ШЛЕМ like in RL.

7. The brightness setting of the HDD and HUD should be independent.

8. Ability to drop the center thank first, and then the wing tanks. Since now they drop all at once.

9. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...9&postcount=33 ***Fixed***

10.Smoke out of the engines should be reduces on low RPM:

Air Marshal Harish “Fulcrum 1” Masand talks about that smoke is manageable and much smaller on low rpm

***Fixed***

11. PPS look down range should be adjusted up by 30%:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...1&postcount=32

***Fixed***

12. АП (5) Mark should remain when jamming target is locked, currently it is there in search mode if there is active jamming but disappears when you lock the target.

It is important for it to remain since it gives clear indication if you can employ R-27Rs in HOJ mode.

13. HPRF and MPRF (PPS and ZPS) switch. At lower ranges then 30km it is more beneficial to use MPRF, but if you are in STT there is no way to tell which one is currently used. The animation for the switch is already in the game but not connected with the code. 

14. Instrument brightness control or tweak. Namely instrument backlighting\floodlight is it is now too bright and it can be turned off or controlled separately  

I know many ppl have gripes regarding the flight model, but with good curves on the controller I really can't find any faults on it, but that is my personal opinion, and it might me wrong.

targetLocked1.PNG

Edited by FoxAlfa
  • Like 4

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

I just wanted to compile a small list of improvements for the fulcrum that easy to do and would increases Fulcrum combat effectiveness ( so I am not going to ask for R-27 flight model update even though I think it is critical and the biggest thing hurting it, nor DL HUD mode display or AAQ radar modes since they would require a lot of work)

+1 with all mentionned issues/requests.

MiG-29 could be outsanding with those few improvements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EVAC : French virtual fighter school on DCS-World

The HUD circle far outside of the regular HUD field of view is truly annoying.

And if the hud can display information that far from the center axis, then why can't it show the firing solution for the gun at a similar offset?

It's not physically possible to display anything beyond the HUD view frame so it's a bug.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I agree on everything you just said.

And I feel the navigation issue is the largest onw. Not knowing wich waypoint/airfield you have selected is a big turn off

• Like 1

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

The biggest thing for me is how to land this beast without breaking somethings.

Those lists are nice thou. Thanks

It have been slightly improved. Just keep 350kph, almost in touchdown leave throttle on idle and slightly pull up. So you will do a good and nice touchdown with 300kph.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I forgot to add one more thing.

6. Sound launch Que when locked with ШЛЕМ like in RL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Good list, and very acceptable for the level the fixes would be. And many could be made to other FC3 as well.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I don’t know how “small” these changes are, I certainly would give priority to the afore mentioned changes, but I was always surprised that the G and alpha limits aren’t expanded on the 9.13S, maybe there is no documentation.

Someone else early mentioned a fuel issue, could you elaborate?

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

7. The brightness setting of the HDD and HUD should be independent.

-------

It's nice to read about this plane!

2. HUD Steering Cue out of Bounds. The should be confined to the HUD itself.

I keep wasting precious time when locking the target in vertical search trying to figure where the hell is it just because the steering cue is nowhere to be found

This point is essential!

+1

:thumbup:

My Specs:

Win 11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D @ 4,2GHz, 64 GB, Radeon RX7900 XTX, 500GB + 2000GB SSD

• 2 weeks later...
+1 with all mentionned issues/requests.

MiG-29 could be outsanding with those few improvements.

Yep, I really hope they spend some time & money in making this thing outstanding!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I don’t know guys if you have the same issue. After every update I feel very hard to drive the 29 when I perform the dive to the side when got into combat. It is like when you push down and to the side the aircraft don’t want get the path. Two days before I even get in a unexpected roll. I will keep an eye on this...

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]