General DCS Lag

Hello to all Pilots of this Community!

This is my first post here , and I don't know if this it's the right place to ask :(

Anyways, here's my issue, hope you can help me !

I have DCS on a laptop with an I7, 8gb of ram and an Nvidia 940mx

In singleplayer on dcs, everything goes fine (a part a bit of lag)

But when I go on multiplayer, everything lags and freezes so much! Things like takeoff or taxing are just impossible! Flying too! I have dcs at lowest graphics, but everything lags and I don't know what to do!

Is it a RAM problem? A GPU problem? Graphics too high? Or the render distance of the multiplayer or something like that?

I don't want to uninstall DCS , but I don't want to lag too! If anyone could help me, I would be so happy!

Thanks in advance to all that will help me! :v:

I'm Curious Now, Does The Color Of The Sky Matter To You?

Strigon Squadron Leader

Strigon 1

Welcome to the forums ! You do not have enough gpu or ram- just for starters .

Minimum specs here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thanks for the welcome! Anyways, it's a bit strange... One year ago I played dcs very well... On multiplayer too! No lag, no issues..but now, it's lagging very much...even if I don't have the minimum specs (just for a bit) can I get lower graphics maybe editing some game files...? Sorry for the loong questions, but I like dcs so much... :/

Strigon Squadron Leader

Strigon 1

... can I get lower graphics maybe editing some game files...? Sorry for the loong questions, but I like dcs so much... :/

If you are happy with the single player performance, then just adding more ram (to 16 gb) to your laptop should allow you to do multiplayer with similar performance.

Another alternative would be to return to your DCS of a year ago, version 1.5, but it isnt practical as I doubt that you could find a dcs mp server using that version.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for the tip!! Would a new Gpu make the situation better?

Not really, dcs really struggles with 8 GB .. upgrade the ram first and then test dcs on MP, before thinking of a next step

.. on the other side, it is hard to upgrade the gpu of a laptop, leave that step for when the laptop replacement time arrives.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Well, I've already found a way to upgrade the Gpu, put it out the pc... A bit tricky, but will probably upgrade some specs. Anyways, thank you so much for the tip, I will think about it :)

Strigon Squadron Leader

Strigon 1