New guy saying hello, well not new to flight sim

Hi all, I've registered on the lomac official site for a year or so, but hadn't been able to register for these forums till yesterday. So you've got a new guy here. I've been flying combat sims for 9 years, Raptor 30 RC helicopter for 4 years, and been building electronic stuff for 12 years. Lock On is the best combat flight sim I've ever bought, and I'm really looking forward to exchanging ideas regarding this fine piece of work with you guys. Well, that's some info about myself. Since I'm an electronic engineer, the issue I'm most interested in is hardware. Learning about computer hardware is a major task for me. Besides, I'd be REAL glad if there's someone willing to discuss peripheral DIY, like customizing a control panel or things like MFD for better realisim and convenience.

Regards, Alex

welcome, may i suggest searching for threads containing the following:

lovp = lockon virtual panel.

instrument gauges displayed on other pc/monitor.

touchbuddy = touchscreen interface for cockpit buttons etc on another pc/monitor

replaces clumsy keyboard commands, with simple touch buttons, with many ready made profiles, seriously worth checking out.

note: no touchscreen required, you can still click the buttons with the mouse to start with.

and i will assume you know about trackir, if not also check them out.

thats a good start i think.

Welcome Alex. I also fly rc airplanes. Currently have a lots of fun with RC Universe ...

IMG_0454_resamp.jpg.15ebd77ef9cfec1b4eaea964bf4aa64c.jpg

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I too love RC, but not that great.

Welcome aboard. Touch-buddy looks like the thing for you!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Yup, your assumption was correct!

welcome, may i suggest searching for threads containing the following:

lovp = lockon virtual panel.

instrument gauges displayed on other pc/monitor.

touchbuddy = touchscreen interface for cockpit buttons etc on another pc/monitor

replaces clumsy keyboard commands, with simple touch buttons, with many ready made profiles, seriously worth checking out.

note: no touchscreen required, you can still click the buttons with the mouse to start with.

and i will assume you know about trackir, if not also check them out.

thats a good start i think.

Wow! That's a lot to check. I'd love to dig this forum upside down to find out what you mentioned. Sounds pretty cool! Touchcreen interface is exactly what I was talking about. I can get various TFT screens with touch panel at 640X480 or higher resolutions. I may be able to interface them with my PC through VGA connection. But still got no idea how to connect 4 or more mini MFD's two a computer which has already got 3 huge monitors connected to it. A lotta lessons to have.

Wow! That's a lot to check. I'd love to dig this forum upside down to find out what you mentioned. Sounds pretty cool! Touchcreen interface is exactly what I was talking about. I can get various TFT screens with touch panel at 640X480 or higher resolutions. I may be able to interface them with my PC through VGA connection. But still got no idea how to connect 4 or more mini MFD's two a computer which has already got 3 huge monitors connected to it. A lotta lessons to have.
Touchbuddy allows for networking to your game computer. So, you can have a second computer running your 4 TouchBuddy MFD touchscreens, and when you touch them TouchBuddy sends the keystroke to your gaming computer and to the game. This also will save you on memory for your game to run. Click my sig for more info...

Welcome Alex. I also fly rc airplanes. Currently have a lots of fun with RC Universe ...

:)Hey that's an electric KT biplane, must have great maneuverability. What radio system do you use? Currently I've got Futaba T9CHP for my heli. I'll think about getting an extra RX and a few more servos for an electric heli, but definitely not quite soon. For now, please meet my Raptor 30v2 in the pic below:D.

Anyway this forum is dedicated for flight sims, I don't think it's the right place to talk about r/c. Maybe using pm is a better idea.

Regards, Alex

Raptor.jpg.b2987c081cc2afaef72767205ffc7c7e.jpg

Hi all, I've registered on the lomac official site for a year or so, but hadn't been able to register for these forums till yesterday. So you've got a new guy here. I've been flying combat sims for 9 years, Raptor 30 RC helicopter for 4 years, and been building electronic stuff for 12 years. Lock On is the best combat flight sim I've ever bought, and I'm really looking forward to exchanging ideas regarding this fine piece of work with you guys. Well, that's some info about myself. Since I'm an electronic engineer, the issue I'm most interested in is hardware. Learning about computer hardware is a major task for me. Besides, I'd be REAL glad if there's someone willing to discuss peripheral DIY, like customizing a control panel or things like MFD for better realisim and convenience.

Regards, Alex

Welcome:thumbup:

Touchbuddy allows for networking to your game computer. So, you can have a second computer running your 4 TouchBuddy MFD touchscreens, and when you touch them TouchBuddy sends the keystroke to your gaming computer and to the game. This also will save you on memory for your game to run. Click my sig for more info...

Hey Bill. Thanks for the introduction. I just checked the site from your signiture. From the picture in the middle of the page(the one with 3 virtual panels below the monitor), TB looks pretty neat. And excluding the small LCD's, it's just a software, right? I'd love to give it a try later, coz I've got one PC and one monitor for now.

Next one I'm ganna buy should contain triple monitors and it will be hooked up with my current PC. I'm also planning to install dual graphic cards WITHOUT SLI or crossfire configuration. Given that most good graphic cards have dual heads on them, this new PC will have quad head configuration. The first output will be connected to three monitors via a Matrox Triple-Head-2-Go. So there will be three outputs left for spare use. I may get three 5-inch TFT's with touch panels, and connect them to those spare graphic outputs. Touch panel interface will be connected through USB ports. Would you consider this a valid hardware configuration?

Regards, Alex

Hey Bill. Thanks for the introduction. I just checked the site from your signiture. From the picture in the middle of the page(the one with 3 virtual panels below the monitor), TB looks pretty neat.
That's from ggg87's setup. He posted above in this thread.

And excluding the small LCD's, it's just a software, right? I'd love to give it a try later, coz I've got one PC and one monitor for now.
Yes, it's just software. You can use it with regular monitors to try it out, and just use your mouse. Then, get a touchscreen or touch overlay for a monitor if you want.

Next one I'm ganna buy should contain triple monitors and it will be hooked up with my current PC. I'm also planning to install dual graphic cards WITHOUT SLI or crossfire configuration. Given that most good graphic cards have dual heads on them, this new PC will have quad head configuration. The first output will be connected to three monitors via a Matrox Triple-Head-2-Go. So there will be three outputs left for spare use. I may get three 5-inch TFT's with touch panels, and connect them to those spare graphic outputs. Touch panel interface will be connected through USB ports. Would you consider this a valid hardware configuration?

Regards, Alex

The only thing is it will be using resources on your gaming rig. You need to load an instance of TB for each monitor, and then the profile for each TB instance. That can take up a lot of memory.

With the TB network solution, you an run all of your TB devices on another pc and only send the keystrokes to the game pc. Then 1 instance on the game pc to receive the keystrokes and send them all to the game.

I only have 1 small 8" touchscreen. But ggg87 could answer that better, because he's running a lot of screens. :thumbup: