ME Orbit then push AI

chase

Ok gents. I'm novice on the ME. I make nice and easy missions. But for the current mission I'm trying to build i want a set of F16 to bomb tgt. So 1st set them to orbit outside the tgt zone, then after a SAM site ( SA6 ) Has been destroyed, then push the F16's to continue and bomb the tgts. Then fly back home. All during this time ignoring other threats. So could someone build this for me. I tried setting flags and condition to end orbit with a flag but I'm obviously doing something wrong. Thank you for any assistance.

Dave.

What I would try:

1.- Set the orbit on waypoint n

2.- Set waypoint n+1 near TGT and add an advanced waypoint action, attack group or whatever you need

3.- Put the RTB waypoint on the destination airfield as waypoint n+2

4.- Set a TRIGGERED ACTION (third tab on the aircraft's pannel, after payload) -> Perform command -> Switch waypoint to [waypoint n+1] for the F16 group that will be orbiting

5.- Set a Trigger ONCE -> UNIT DEAD (or DAMAGED) [sA6's name]-> AI TASK SET [the triggered action you just created]

Also, if you are going to guarantee the flight's safety, you might put on its first waypoint an advanced waypoint action Set option -> Reaction to threat -> No reaction, and also Set option -> Restrict jettison -> on. I usually have troubles with AI don't wanting to get too close to defended areas :P

Edited by Darcaem