• Vulkan API implementation
    • Complete existing modules
    • Create new aircraft modules
    • Create new helicopter modules
    • Create new maps
    • Create more DLC campaigns/missions
    • Upgrade weather system
    • Upgrade AI
    • Nothing, DCS is already perfect in any way! OMG!
    • Other...

Voted "other" . For VR optimisation .

Voted for vulkan since it should help VR performance too.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Would have voted improved weather but I think we need Vulkan implementation before we can have a modern weather system due to frame rate constraints.

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no ED team their obviously not going to complete current modules. Its all a brilliant ruse, thier just going leave them unfinished and run off with the money to Venezuela and then start the scheme again by trick others into supporting new projects.

b6fdc15967d3e8cb205852345cdeee07.jpg

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

What's a DC?

Why is a DC!?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I guess "Vulkan API" is some kind of implementation detail which should be up to the developers.

Because a badly implemented Vulkan Engine is not any better than an optimized DirectX one.

So let's call it "Improved VR performance".

Favorite module: F16C 💥
Currently learning F15E 👨‍🏫
13900k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - Varjo Aero - TM Warthog Hotas - Pedals

Pretty interesting to see that most voters, so far, prioritize the completion of existing modules over some of the other options.

It's definitaly not that I don't see the importance of this, but rather that I would have expected that Vulkan (or performance upgrade if you will), AI and weather system improvement would get more votes.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

i guess because non-VR users don't have any performance issues. And they are the vast majority :)

Favorite module: F16C 💥
Currently learning F15E 👨‍🏫
13900k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - Varjo Aero - TM Warthog Hotas - Pedals

Bugfixing, Bugfixing, Bugfixing! :music_whistling:

I can't remember how long the radio communication with farps is broken.

And how long it took until they fix the red beacon light in Ka-50 cockpit.

A lot of missions (also training missions) don't work as they should.

I know they need to earn money and so they need to sell new modules.

But with each new module the effort for maintainance and bugfixing rises.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I would say there are more planes and helicopters and better for the dcs simulator.

a complete list of various airplanes that would satisfy all 5 continents Africa, America, Europe, Asia, Oceania.

DCS would become more complete than the old FALCON emulator and would involve the various eras and eras including the WW2 and the cold war 50-60-70-80 years after WWII.

Bugfixing, Bugfixing, Bugfixing! :music_whistling:

I can't remember how long the radio communication with farps is broken.

And how long it took until they fix the red beacon light in Ka-50 cockpit.

A lot of missions (also training missions) don't work as they should.

I know they need to earn money and so they need to sell new modules.

But with each new module the effort for maintainance and bugfixing rises.

Could not agree more.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

- Vulkan API - seems like it would be something of a revolution, however if IIRC it would be incredibly costly and difficult to implement, so from a pure feasibility standpoint I'm going to give it a miss for now but not taking it out of the question

I don't know about revolution, I think some expectations may be too optimistic, it should however remove the biggest hurdle towards getting DCS to run on Linux. That's something I would appreciate.

Voted "Other", because Dynamic Campaign is not on the list!

And no, it's not just another campaign. It's an entire new feature.

Followed in Master QuiGon's footstep: a dynamic campaign would definitely end my already dwindling social life.

Voted other because there is no "Dynamic Campaign" on the poll

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I can´t see a shit at 2 miles, sometimes contact also disappear, this sim is dead for me

I assume you're the one that voted for option no. 9

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Voted other because there is no "Dynamic Campaign" on the poll

Is a dynamic campaign really priority if the AI standard is low and you can't even spot it properly (visibility) in WVR though?

IMO the lack of dynamic campaign is not "game breaking" like visibility or too simplified AI flight models and super detection abilities can be.

Vulkan could also improve performances for many people too, bringing potentially more customers as well, the kind of people who did not have a very powerful computer like most of us have to run DCS online smoothly.