Extra 330 SC for DCS EFM

• 4 weeks later...
Eagle dynamics is very difficult to contact. Every time I've asked for contact information on these forums I've been met with resistance. So if you have contact information for ED you can email me directly or contact me through discord.

Hey Jazz (Level on Discord),

Hope the project is going alright, i've had no trouble contacting Wags through the forums or even try contacting one of the moderators on Discord who i'm sure can forward a message to the correct person.

Looking forward to seeing further updates on the Extra 330 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! My favourite module is the CE2 so I´m super hyped for this. Any way I could become maybe a beta tester of some sort? Thanks! Btw: My profile is new, but only because I forgot the password and the mail for my old one... I originaly joined in 2017.

good news everyone! after much discussion we have decided that upon completion of the Extra 330 we will release it as a public mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus X370, Win10 Pro, Intel I-9 9900K 4.8 128 gb TridentZ,

2X Nvidia TITAN V (volta) , 65" Samsung 7100 series 4K , 2 x 1 TB Evo 860SSD, 4 X 4TB HD, 8 X 2TB HD external array

Tmaster Wathog, Elgato Streamdeck, 3DX Spacepilot pro,, Thermaltake 900 tower Corsair H150 WC,

HTC Vive, Pimax 8KX VR, Nostromo Speedpad N52, Tmaster MFD x2

Awesome stuff! Weren't you guys working on a A4 a few years back?

I was working on an A4 separate from the community project. I actually had a contract for it but it was canceled at the last minute for licensing issues. The aircraft modeling was complete as it had been flying in x-plane where it was originally developed. even though I don't have any affiliation with the community A4 (other than busting their chops) those guys did an amazing job with that mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2X Nvidia TITAN V (volta) , 65" Samsung 7100 series 4K , 2 x 1 TB Evo 860SSD, 4 X 4TB HD, 8 X 2TB HD external array

Tmaster Wathog, Elgato Streamdeck, 3DX Spacepilot pro,, Thermaltake 900 tower Corsair H150 WC,

good news everyone! after much discussion we have decided that upon completion of the Extra 330 we will release it as a public mod.

Wow, a lot of work goes into mods such as this one. Thank you for your work and updates.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

Nice work you guys! I'm so excited to see DCS getting some sweet aerobatic aircraft! As an aerobatic pilot who regularly flies the Extra, I'm kicking myself for not seeing this project sooner, as I'd love to help!

I would definitely buy such a model, and know how much work goes into an aircraft even with "simple systems."

Hopefully someday we'll stop seeing the posts that ask why we have aerobatic airplanes in DCS. Not only are these aircraft a ton of fun, great at increasing you pilot skills, and item #1 on some of our wishlists, but they also benefit the people who wouldn't bother trying them: They require high fidelity flight models and the FM features needed to capture the nuance of actually flying through aerobatic figures realistically helps evolve the base simulator.

Edited by TX-EcoDragon

S! TX-EcoDragon

Extra 330 with EFM - WOW - Exciting Project!

I am happy for your team!

Today, I started following this thread and am excited about what the Extra 330 will bring to DCS. I was just playing with the Christen Eagle II last night and can't wait to see the differences between it and the Extra 330.

I am so impressed by the results of projects like yours. I also follow the MB-339, and A4 Skyhawk Community Mod, but I am adding you to my list. With all the sad news going on in the world right now, projects like yours give all of us something to look forward too!

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Nice work you guys! I'm so excited to see DCS getting some sweet aerobatic aircraft! As an aerobatic pilot who regularly flies the Extra, I'm kicking myself for not seeing this project sooner, as I'd love to help!

I would definitely buy such a model, and know how much work goes into an aircraft even with "simple systems."

Hopefully someday we'll stop seeing the posts that ask why we have aerobatic airplanes in DCS. Not only are these aircraft a ton of fun, great at increasing you pilot skills, and item #1 on some of our wishlists, but they also benefit the people who wouldn't bother trying them: They require high fidelity flight models and the FM features needed to capture the nuance of actually flying through aerobatic figures realistically helps evolve the base simulator.

I hope then you will really love our mod it has an advanced EFM flight model as well as other "goodies" we have had some very "pro" Extra pilots flight testing for us since the beginning and were happy with what we've achieved so far but plans are to make it even better

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any more Preview Video to share?

Hi Jaz Aero,

Any more video to share of the Extra 330 Project? I saw what was in the thread and just found something from Jan 2019 (PGOgames) that you commented on.

:pilotfly:

• Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 3 weeks later...

WIP

it's been a while since I posted anything about what we've been doing, and we've been doing a lot! we now have multiple professional test pilots with many thousands of hours experience that have been test flying the heck out of our airplane.

We have redone some externals fix some things, are creating a entirely new internal cockpit. And even more refinements to the EFM flight model to the limits of what DCS can handle.

We took a brief hiatus in order to lend a hand with the VARS edge 540 racing project which is now released.

So now back to work on what we believe will be the premier aerobatic aircraft of DCS ! Don't ask when it will be released.

enjoy some new screenshots of WIP

dvsvdvd.PNG

rgerhrefh.PNG

6.PNG

tna9.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it's been a while since I posted anything about what we've been doing, and we've been doing a lot! we now have multiple professional test pilots with many thousands of hours experience that have been test flying the heck out of our airplane.

We have redone some externals fix some things, are creating a entirely new internal cockpit. And even more refinements to the EFM flight model to the limits of what DCS can handle.

We took a brief hiatus in order to lend a hand with the VARS edge 540 racing project which is now released.

So now back to work on what we believe will be the premier aerobatic aircraft of DCS ! Don't ask when it will be released.

enjoy some new screenshots of WIP

That is quite amazing. Superb work.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

we now have multiple professional test pilots with many thousands of hours experience that have been test flying the heck out of our airplane.

That's quite nice to read! Now I have to educate myself more about aerobatic figures.

Will this plane work with the VARS race tracks? Have you tried it?

The 330 LX was used in the Challengers Cup and I guess that it is similar to the SC, so the SC should be enjoyable in air racing...

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

Anything that flies can be configured to be tracked on the VARS race code, but the Extra is being tuned for the aerobatic side whereas the Edge tuned for racing so they would not really be racing each other. It would be fun to turn some laps in it though.

JazAero: Your last WIP update was fantastic.

Thanks for lending a hand with the VARS edge 540 racing project. Learning that the two Project/Developer Communities were working together was eyeopening.

I hope development continues smoothly, and we can see more updates or hear about some of the challenges too.

Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtbxFhVsG3PuwArKEipW8sA

here is a little teaser video by one of our premier test pilots.

Edited by JazAero

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...