HAL Tejas for DCS possible

carss

So I have a friend in India who actually wants to see the Tejas in DCS, he also has contacts to the right folks associated to get the required info on this aircraft. The only question is, what info does he need to acquire and which dev teams would be willing to make this aircraft?

Cause I know there are quite a few out there who would love to see this great littler aircraft in DCS including myself, not to mention there is both an AF variant plus a Navy variant so carrier ops on an Delta winged aircraft like that are totally a thing in DCS too. I'd love to get involved and help out anyway I can.

Air Force version....

HAL-tejas.jpg

LCA+(2).jpg

Navy Version....

32998583951_387c10f390_b.jpg

4246867.jpg?v=v47a784a7302

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Would be pretty cool with the JF-17 coming soon-ish I guess. My understanding is the aircraft isn't fully operational yet though?

The Mk1 I believe is in service right now with around 32 planes made and more yet to come. It's the standard Air Force version. There is a Mk1A which I believe is more advanced but not in service yet. The Navy one isn't in service yet either but would be really cool to have

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 1 year later...

As much as I know, the Tejas is a pretty modern aircraft, that was introduced into service around 2015. Is there enough public data available, to simulate it in DCS quality? :wassat:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Unless he actually has a dev team ready to go, it's kind of useless having the info on its own. Everybody has their own projects. If he does have a dev team, then obviously, he should contact ED directly, not the forums.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The chance of Tejas being done is EXTREMELY low, almost impossible.

Indian Navy LCA Tejas is cancelled, it was only seen as a semi tech demo with learning experience.

Only Air force version is developed and its still too fresh, plus some of them are still undergoing finalizing tests along with being in present service. DCS world would not do LATEST current service jets. Some of the docs that are needed would be almost impossible to get due to security concerns. It is already very difficult to get to do of Russian present gen jets.

Also, we'd need a MAP that fits the scenario of the Indo-Pak wars...like a map that fits, maybe North Indian parts stretching to Pakistan etc. Currently, Pakistan has both F-16, JF-17 and the Mig 19 as stand in for its Chinese copy. As for India, only Mig 21 and Mirage 2000. Yes, I know, at present they updated Mig 21 to Bison standards and Mirages to 2000-5 standards.

If your friend has Dev team, they'd need to contact ED and see what are the documents required for modeling a DCS level jet...They'd need permission to model and convince it would not be a security issue. The most they can HOPE to do is model Mk1. Not MK1A.

While I do not see this happening, EVER. I can see it would garner more sales if Tejas and or even a Indo-Pak map is made (Yes. as well as Indo-Pak war in the forums here :biggrin:). Rest would depend on getting permission from  Govt of India on security concerns.

• Like 1

The first thing a dev needs is license. Or else he is going to run into legal problems, concerning both commercial and military secrets. One ED employee tried to smuggle some docs out of US and spent a year in custody a couple of years ago. Nobody wants to share this kind of experience. So unless you know the guys who can persuade right people to permit such a module, those docs are, sadly, of no use and are even dangerous to possess. 

Edited by Nipil
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Nipil, and I also know about the F-16 smuggling case. I think somebody on Reddit had said that we can ask HAL and Govt of Indian to create a Su-30 MKI module, but sadly both probably it cannot be done because in the case of the Su-30 MKI, It is one of the best jets India has, so they will definitely not give you the docs. And also about the Tejas, it is a new jet, and again we will not get the docs. Only if we have the right person, who can actually make an effect on the choices made, only then there is a 1% chance we will get the module.