PCA/HUD updates

Zeus67

And what about the helmet visor bug when selecting Magic?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

And what about the helmet visor bug when selecting Magic?

It's a confirmed bug that will be fixed in the next update

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

In the control menu it is called, HOTAS category, it's called "Special Modes AFT/ FWD".

For AA, nothing has changed.

For AG:

- select weapon on PCA (left click with mouse as I write)

System stays in NAV mode, but PCA top lines now displays AG settings. From there, you can:

- Special Modes AFT: return to NAV, AG weapon stays selected on PCA.

Or

- Special Modes FWD: go into Attack mode (HUD will display attack mode, radar will go TAS if selected).

From memory mode you can directly go into attack mode without having to touch the PCA.

But there is a small bug currently: TAS doesn't remain selected when you go from "memory mode" to "attack mode".

Already reported.

Once fixed, you will be able to make PPA and PCA settings before take off, or just after, and then you will just have to go attack mode and master arm on on target area.

Thank you so much. That cleared all for me! Thanks for taking the time to explain. :thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

so how do I get back to being able to select app for landing? I cannot seem to get the pca back to where app is displayed.

Edit: found I need to bind a hotas button to pca select to get back to be able to select app, also I to have had the problem where I can't select the super 530 or feul tanks on the pca.

Edited by Auntystatic

So a quick workaround to fix the 'magic select' button dropping the visor and making everything dim: if while still on the ground you get your crew chief to load the NVG, then later when flying and you do 'magic select' you get the magic, with no visor drop - the NVG doesn't seem to work yet, so you just get the magic selected and nothing else.

Hopefully this will be fixed properly soon.

Cheers and bon vol.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP, thread definitely needs a sticky!!!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Apparently click 530 button before takeoff and bind some key to some new function to switch between 530 and Magic... yes, complicated. Or do it like me, hold down Magic button until you get lock and fire... -.-

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Why, has manual already been updated after this patch? (Changelog didn't state "updated manual" iirc)

Also first post doesn't mention "CNM" (DCS keybindings explanation) a single time... Please, Zeus.

Why, has manual already been updated after this patch? (Changelog didn't state "updated manual" iirc)

No, hence the reference to the first post where new PCA-HUD logic is explained.

Beside the fact that now you can't select any weapon on PCA if Gun on Magic mode is selected on HOTAS Throttle command, the way to fire a 530 is the same than the one described in the manual, hence the reference to it i guess.

To sum up, handy way to use A/A Weapons:

First, select 530 on PCA while not having the Hotas Gun or Magic mode selected

Then:

-Select A/A Gun with GUN Select Hotas Command

-Select Magic with MAGIC Select Hotas Command

-Select 530 with PCA Select Hotas Command

For reminder 'MAG' PCA mode doesn't select MAGIC:

4. MAG button on the PCA does NOT select Magic. It performs other functions: enabling the missile and starting MAV search.

• Like 1

I don't understand any of this …. my Mirage is broken

Someone do a detailed video

You forgot “please”.

Joke apart.

HOTAS use in AG is explained here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3982943&postcount=50

For AA, you need to map:

- CNM AA Gun

- CNM MAGIC

- CNM neutral (PCA SELECT)

CNM stands for Canon/ Neutre/ Magic

Start by selecting 530 on PCA with mouse (left click currently).

Then you can select air-air gun or Magic with HOTAS, these are override modes.

You can switch from gun to Magic or the opposite.

If you want to go back to 530 use CNM neutral.

Likewise for AG. You select AG weapon on PCA, let’s say BL1.

If you need to defend select CNM MAGIC, then CNM neutral when you want to return to AG business.

Close combat radar modes didn’t change: Soecial Modes AFT/ FWD.

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

7. With the HUD/Aircraft in AG ATTACK mode, clicking the PIP HOTAS switch back, will save the AG weapon selection and release parameters, return the HUD/aircraft to NAV mode. The PCA will also enter NAV mode. The AG weapon remains selected.

When having selected a AG Weapon on PCA, and unselected RS on PCA, if i click on PIP HOTAS switch AFT, PCA/HUD do return on NAV mode, but then when selecting PIP HOTAS switch FWD, RS is selected back on PCA.

I would have thought that unselection of RS would be part of release parameters saved with Hotas switch AFT.

Hotas switch Aft does saves some release parameters like selected AG Canon fire rate. But doesn't do it for RS selection, for any AG Weapon

Bug or feature?

For AA, you need to map:

- CNM AA Gun

- CNM MAGIC

- CNM neutral (PCA SELECT)

CNM stands for Canon/ Neutre/ Magic

Thanks it only took 7 pages for the answer of how to get out of can/mag mode to enable other selections on the PCA :thumbup:

i9-9900KS, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080Ti, 55" QLED, HP Reverb

Thanks it only took 7 pages for the answer of how to get out of can/mag mode to enable other selections on the PCA :thumbup:

I already explained it a dozen times in different threads :D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I'd say this is the most important thread though and still no mod stickied this o_o

• 2 weeks later...

So I've gotten to grips with the new pca/hud updates, however I don't know if I found a bug or if I haven't figured out how to do it, but how does one select the A/G guns on the hud. The only way I've found how to do this is by having a bomb selected and then selecting cannon. But what if you've released all you bombs? I can't figure out how to get the A/G gun sight to work. Anyone have a clue? Cheers!

So I've gotten to grips with the new pca/hud updates, however I don't know if I found a bug or if I haven't figured out how to do it, but how does one select the A/G guns on the hud. The only way I've found how to do this is by having a bomb selected and then selecting cannon. But what if you've released all you bombs? I can't figure out how to get the A/G gun sight to work. Anyone have a clue? Cheers!

5. Selecting an AG weapon will NOT set the HUD and aircraft systems to AG ATTACK mode. Only the PCA will enter into AG mode.

6. To set the HUD, actually the entire aircraft systems, into AG ATTACK mode the pilot must click the PIP HOTAS switch forward (it is the same switch that sets the Special Modes when in AA mode).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3975179&postcount=1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks SO much for this!

To sum up, handy way to use A/A Weapons:

First, select 530 on PCA while not having the Hotas Gun or Magic mode selected

Then:

-Select A/A Gun with GUN Select Hotas Command

-Select Magic with MAGIC Select Hotas Command

-Select 530 with PCA Select Hotas Command

For reminder 'MAG' PCA mode doesn't select MAGIC:

4. MAG button on the PCA does NOT select Magic. It performs other functions: enabling the missile and starting MAV search.

You should be able to select A-G Guns using the button below the guarded selective jettison button on the PCA (and can then select LEN for slow rate of fire on the button on the top row of the PCA), and then select the HUD into A-G Mode by hitting the Special Modes Fwd, in the same way you now do with bombs and other A-G weapons. Using HOTAS to select the gun will select it as an air to air weapon and put the ac into A-A mode, where Special Modes Fwd has a different function.