PCA/HUD updates

Zeus67

Actually, I should have said “save parameters on PCA”.

Once it’s set on PPA it’s done, it doesn’t change.

On PCA you can choose ranging solution (TAS/ RS) rockets options (INT/ EXT) and stuff like that.

I posted several times a video of Mirage 2000N at Red Flag.

There is a footage though the HUD, you can see that he dives on target from medium altitude in NAV mode, go attack mode, then switch master arm on just before target designation and pull up for release.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

That’s a matter of priority. There isn’t a magical wand to fix it all at once :smilewink:

Let’s enjoy the good news.

Last time I checked code wasn't written with a magic wand.

I believe those changes should be prioritzed, that's the whole point.

To each their own. I voiced my opinion and I'm not trying to hijack the thread. Carry on.

Will MAV Search be implemented ?

Eventually

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Will this PCA/HUD update include HUD symbology update ? I'm thinking Triangle for a Radar+Magic lock on a target

Also PD and RD HUD indicators, but i guess those will be added later on when modes will be functional

Edited by Steph21

I've recently bought the M2000 and the Red Flag campaign. Havn't spent time on them, yet.

Do these changes affect the campaigns and training missions for the Mirage?

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

Will the manual be updated with the changes in how things work?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Quick question (possible bug).

If 530 is selected and the hotas switch is in PCA, pressing RP on the PCA switches the VTH (only, VTB doesn't have the circle) to POL mode. In this case also, the upper line of the PCA has different symbology than that activated with the respective PCA button.

Edit - but if CAN or MAG is selected, weapons can be fired. So it seems than a pseudo POL indication on the VTH.

Edited by jaguara5

Manual will be updated to incorporate all MLO changes according to Zeus:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3726076&postcount=1

Alright, I hope it happens soon™

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, please update the manual with the new features (also applies to the Harrier). I'm glad to see that both modules are going on step by step! Keep it up.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

what is the PIP Hotas? Which button does activate the AG Mode for bomb dropping?

Zeus explained it in the original post of this thread:

5. Selecting an AG weapon will NOT set the HUD and aircraft systems to AG ATTACK mode. Only the PCA will enter into AG mode.

6. To set the HUD, actually the entire aircraft systems, into AG ATTACK mode the pilot must click the PIP HOTAS switch forward (it is the same switch that sets the Special Modes when in AA mode).

NOTE: An AG weapon must be selected for the aircraft to enter AG ATTACK mode, otherwise AA Special modes will be invoked.

7. With the HUD/Aircraft in AG ATTACK mode, clicking the PIP HOTAS switch back, will save the AG weapon selection and release parameters, return the HUD/aircraft to NAV mode. The PCA will also enter NAV mode. The AG weapon remains selected.

Tornado3 small.jpg

impossible to understand PCA behavior...

Sometimes you can select APP, sometimes you cannot. Same thing for the S530 and the tank to drop....

I can toggle APP mode on/ off without problem.

Use left mouse click.

Sam to select weapons: left mouse click. There is currently a bug, you have to use "PCA select" command to unselect weapons others than MAG/ CAN.

So you must use it to unselect 530 while you should exit by clicking it on PCA (or use keyboard short cut/ direct X command).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

I have strange bug now If I click Magic Select it is now drop Pilot helmet visor with message saying visor is already changing. There is no way to raise helmet visor after that. Visor toggle control do nothing.

Same problem here, I don’t get what’s happening.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

impossible to understand PCA behavior...

Sometimes you can select APP, sometimes you cannot. Same thing for the S530 and the tank to drop....

Can’t drop the tank here either as I can’t select it in the PCA.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Can’t drop the tank here either as I can’t select it in the PCA.

On PCA use left click to select a weapon/ function. Just checked with keyboard fix, it does work.

Mirage fanatic !

Zeus explained it in the original post of this thread:

Thanks, but I already read that and still dont get it. Maybe I am just dumb. Still: What is the PIP HOTAS Switch? I cabt see it in the controlls and the whole weapon selcting is acting very strange.Different controls do seamingly the same but actually dont. I am totaly lost.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

Thanks, but I already read that and still dont get it. Maybe I am just dumb. Still: What is the PIP HOTAS Switch? I cabt see it in the controlls and the whole weapon selcting is acting very strange.Different controls do seamingly the same but actually dont. I am totaly lost.

In the control menu it is called, HOTAS category, it's called "Special Modes AFT/ FWD".

For AA, nothing has changed.

For AG:

- select weapon on PCA (left click with mouse as I write)

System stays in NAV mode, but PCA top lines now displays AG settings. From there, you can:

- Special Modes AFT: return to NAV, AG weapon stays selected on PCA.

Or

- Special Modes FWD: go into Attack mode (HUD will display attack mode, radar will go TAS if selected).

From memory mode you can directly go into attack mode without having to touch the PCA.

But there is a small bug currently: TAS doesn't remain selected when you go from "memory mode" to "attack mode".

Already reported.

Once fixed, you will be able to make PPA and PCA settings before take off, or just after, and then you will just have to go attack mode and master arm on on target area.

Mirage fanatic !