a few silly questions..

hey guys...ive been an observer on these forums for some time now, not really participated that often, but i hav a few questions that id like to be answered.

im playing 1.02

1)ive noticed the f-15c has better manuevrability compared to the russian jets like the su27, 33 and mig 29..and doesnt stall that easily during tight turns, is this true in real life as well? im guessing it has something to do with higher -ve stability and onboard flight copmuters.?

2)there is no training on how to drop bombs with the su33 and mig 29 and it really seems difficult and requires a steep diving approach...are there any tutorials? or just some general information would do wonders!

3)how much similar is the su 35 compared to the su 33 ...ofcourse avionics left alone coz they are always upgradable ...im talking about the airframe and structure?

recently ive been fascinated by the su 35....wots the latest status? is it in service? any thoughts about the su 35?

thnx in advance.

--NiTiN--

hey guys...ive been an observer on these forums for some time now, not really participated that often, but i hav a few questions that id like to be answered.

im playing 1.02

Upgrade :)

1)ive noticed the f-15c has better manuevrability compared to the russian jets like the su27, 33 and mig 29..and doesnt stall that easily during tight turns, is this true in real life as well? im guessing it has something to do with higher -ve stability and onboard flight copmuters.?

The F-15C has no flight computer in the form of a fly-by-wire system ... it has a flight augmentation system, but it makes no intrerpretations for the pilot - there's also no limiter ... the F-15 can pull 15g's if it wants to. Most of this is not really modelled in LO ... these stall characteristics should probably all be fairly similar, and in Flaming Cliffs, they are.

The F-15C DOES turn better at high speeds, the MiG and Su own the slow speed game on the other hand ... but you have to really finesse them. So if you're playing the F-15, try to keep the speed fast (ie. at corner velocity)

2)there is no training on how to drop bombs with the su33 and mig 29 and it really seems difficult and requires a steep diving approach...are there any tutorials? or just some general information would do wonders!

I'm not sure if the Aero mode was added in FC or 1.02, but it helps, and it's what you want to use - put the pipper on your target, pull the trigger and pull the nose up while remaining lined up on target. Bombs will drop automatically. If they don't, either your version doesn't have this feature or you've strayed too far off course.

3)how much similar is the su 35 compared to the su 33 ...ofcourse avionics left alone coz they are always upgradable ...im talking about the airframe and structure?

recently ive been fascinated by the su 35....wots the latest status? is it in service? any thoughts about the su 35?

thnx in advance.

They aren't similar at all. The Su-35 (Su-27SM) is a different airframe ... currently there are 24 Su-27SMs serving with the RuAF, I believe they were just deployed now. As for avionics, they're rather well ahead of the Su-33. All the Su-33 is, is a navalized version of the original Su-27 ... meaning heavier landing gear, bigger wing (iirc) and the forward lift-enhancing devices. It will likely be replaced by a completely new aircraft.

As for thoughts on the Su-35? Probably just caught up to what the F-15C was 5-10 years ago ... in terms of avionics. Or maybe it's a little closer than that. Great fighter anyway. Not one we'll see simulated (info on new aircraft systems is classified)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Upgrade :)

Not one we'll see simulated (info on new aircraft systems is classified)

ha ha...u just spotted my intentions.

i was actually wondering if it would be possible to model the su 35 in a future ed sim....would be a superb multi role fighter.but yeah limited info about the plane would be a probelm for the ed team.

about bombing ... im actually having trouble lining up for the run...what altitude to start the dive, the speed? the angle of approach? to me it seems u require a rather steep angle wiht the russian jets.

oh you really dont know how bad i want fc but none of the shops have it where i live...perhaps some1 from india on these forumms can help me out.

oh and do u have a read me of all the features and enhancments to the original planes and gameplay worked on in flaming cliffs?

--NiTiN--

ha ha...u just spotted my intentions.

i was actually wondering if it would be possible to model the su 35 in a future ed sim....would be a superb multi role fighter.but yeah limited info about the plane would be a probelm for the ed team.

Well, you wouldn't be the first to ask ... people want Su-30MKI's, F-22's, Typhoons, F-35's, Rafale's ... and it's too bad that they cannot really be simulated :)

about bombing ... im actually having trouble lining up for the run...what altitude to start the dive, the speed? the angle of approach? to me it seems u require a rather steep angle wiht the russian jets.

Can't help you much there, I'm an Air to Air guy. But with the Aero Mode you won't have to deal with this, since you just put the pipper on the target in a comfortable dive, then pull the trigger and hold it down, then pull up and out of the dive - the Aero mode will drop the bombs automatically when the computer thinks its the right time (if you remain lined up ie - if you keep flying in the target's direction...but you no longer have to dive, in fact you can climb - if you turn away from the target the computer will abort the drop IIRC)

oh you really dont know how bad i want fc but none of the shops have it where i live...perhaps some1 from india on these forumms can help me out.

You can try to find Lock on Gold, or you can purchase it online as a download, but there will be a delay for getting your activation.

oh and do u have a read me of all the features and enhancments to the original planes and gameplay worked on in flaming cliffs?

Yes, look in the docs folder in your LOMAC install ... there's always a readme in there and it is usually updated with each patch you install.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

2)there is no training on how to drop bombs with the su33 and mig 29 and it really seems difficult and requires a steep diving approach...are there any tutorials? or just some general information would do wonders! .

Try to come really fast. It's a fast attack airplane in Air to Ground mode and it shows.

Actualy in Su-25 is the same tactic, come fast and not in a steep dive necesarely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Airframe wise, very similar.

Su-35 is dead, yet the Su-35 lives on ;) Heh...the T-10M project dating from 1986 is officially closed, with 12 aircraft being delivered to VVS, five being passed on to the display team, two were fitted with advanced avionics and transformed into something known as Su-37, some lost and some left as LL's (flying labs).

Nowadays, T-10BM (Su-35BM) project is actual. Static display was shown on MAKS 2007, this is probably the last iteration of the Flanker. Some of it's systems are even more capable than F-22's. The aircraft will undergo state trials in a next month or two. You can check my article with more comprehensive info here :

http://www.aviapedia.com/fighters/su-35bmt-10bm-the-last-flanker

All the Su-33 is, is a navalized version of the original Su-27

True, for the most part. It has somewhat upgraded IRST module, "new" FCS, SUV-33, which has different lookdown mode to ensure better performance against targets flying at low altitudes near sea surface, and an different datalink for communication with carrier based systems.

currently there are 24 Su-27SMs serving with the RuAF, I believe they were just deployed now

Deliveries started in 2003. There should be 40 Su-27SM's in active service, at this moment.

And, all SM's, plus several squadrons of ordinary S/P's, have their RCS reduced. The work has been done by ITAE. Conventional methods.

alrite thanks.

i have a few questions about the r27et since it is the only long range missile that is very closer to a fire and forget kind..now is it possible to launch the missile and turn off ur radar so it would seem to the enemy that he is safe?

does the missile have enough brains to seek the target after reaching its waypoint?

this is what ive tried: 5 secs after i get the LA ..i fire the missile and 3-4 secs into the launch turn off the radar. this is su33 vs f 15 both at 5000 and doing 700km/h about 40-50 km apart.

ive had mixed results sometimes the missile tracks it and sometimes it doesnt(checked using f6 view).

and sometimes the f-15 tries to doge the missile...how does he do that? is the a.i able to recognize smoke trails?...because my radar is switched off.

could some please explain the working of the R27et in detail?...right from lauch to terminal stage.

do u guys use this technique online? seems usable to me.

--NiTiN--