DCS: MiG-25RBT Mod Announcement

If you do not have a book on the aerodynamics of the MiG-25RB, here is the link (in Russian)

http://www.airwar.ru/other/bibl/mig-25rb_aero.zip

Unfortunately my Russian is not that great, but that is a great resource! :thumbup:

(if you can read it :(:music_whistling:)

As for this project, really looking forward to it! thumbup.gif

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

ah another FC3 types Model love it, FOXBAT!!!

nooooooo, FC3 is cancer. :(

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

Announcement post does lead one to believe it is full fidelity.

I didn't get that from the post, but I hope it's the case. I think the only chance this has for being available on MP servers is if it's full fidelity. The "6DOF Cockpit" language has been used in the past to indicate lofi modules, a la su-25t etc., so my heart is crying at the probably missed opportunity.

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

attachment.php?aid=11306

I was just heading over to the mods forum, which I do about like twice or thrice in a year, because I have an issue with the A-4E-C's nose wheel and rudder always flicking back to being centered by itself, making it virtually impossible to taxi that thing. And then I came across this. I so much would like this as a full module, but a community mod at the level of the Scoots or just the MiG-23UB is definately better than nothing. Looking forward to it, because I feel the need... (and the Tomcat can't even pass M 2.15)

Accurately coded systems in the External Systems Model, (ESM) and professionally done External Flight Model (EFM).

Now you really have me icon_idea.gif

Edit on a side note: My issue with the Scoots was on my end due to modified old input luas, had to do some remapping.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

min 33:00 talk about the Peleng automatic bombing system. From 42km range bombing at more than 20000m. how was the real accuracy? :smilewink:

When bombs fell in 600 m X 400 m area pilot had "very good" score in his flight book, but honestly this wasn't his success, everything was about target's localization accuracy, flight plan and nav computer programming quality, good technical nav systems condition, because everything was automatic, manual mode anticipating only fire button press by pilot, because the rest was automatic anyway....... .

Cool beans, and best wishes to the team! Looking forward to following your progress.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

This is very good news

[/sIGPIC]Плохо летать везде легко, а хорошо - везде трудно! © Игорь Валентинович Ткаченко

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VKB GunfighterIII\ VKB Rudder MKXXI PRO\VKB Throttle MOD\ TrackIR v5

"We aim for this mod to be the most accurate simulation of the MiG-25RBT variant to ever exist in DCS World"

"Our mission is to give the DCS World community a mod that they will enjoy for free with the quality of any other module."

Does this mean that it will have a clicky cockpit? If so, have you considered releasing it to ED (not a becoming a third party) after you are done to make it a free part of DCS like the Su-25T and the TF-51? I'm asking because I'd really love to fly it in multiplayer without everyone else being required to download :)

If ED doesn't go for it being free, you could work something out where a multiplayer version integrated into the game (everyone does not have to have the mod installed to join a server) is paid, but the still allow the mod to be downloaded for free like normal (everyone has to have it installed to join a server).

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

lower left the Peleng-2 automatic navigation system panel. to the right the SRS-13 Tangaj panel ( ELINT complex covering 450km both lateral sides with an accuracy of 10-30km to radar detected ). Not yet identified the SPS-141 Siren panel ( ECM in airframe installed ).

MiG.25RBT_main_panel_1024x1024.jpg?v=1515621735

MIG.25RBT_panel_set_1024x1024.jpg?v=1515621735

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"We aim for this mod to be the most accurate simulation of the MiG-25RBT variant to ever exist in DCS World"

"Our mission is to give the DCS World community a mod that they will enjoy for free with the quality of any other module."

Does this mean that it will have a clicky cockpit? If so, have you considered releasing it to ED (not a becoming a third party) after you are done to make it a free part of DCS like the Su-25T and the TF-51? I'm asking because I'd really love to fly it in multiplayer without everyone else being required to download :)

If ED doesn't go for it being free, you could work something out where a multiplayer version integrated into the game (everyone does not have to have the mod installed to join a server) is paid, but the still allow the mod to be downloaded for free like normal (everyone has to have it installed to join a server).

Yes please. Pretty please.

Honestly though I think the real solution for the MP thing is to have some sort of common community mod pack, which includes the most popular mods for online play and one of the major server operators (lookin at you hoggit) to support its use. It would also need "support" from each individual dev to continually "fix" the mod as updates broke it. And I suspect thats the real reason ED doesn't want to accept "free" stuff into DCS world, both on a quality level and also on a "license"/IP model. I'd love to see the A4, Mig23/25 in MP, even as simplified models and then various things like Suntsang's farps, the Hermes/Caveour etc.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

YES! Something like that. Because one of the primary problem in DCS mod is joining server with a mod in the list, force you to have actually the mod. And sometime you just want to fly with buddies. Also When you got a mod and join a normal server, integrity check fail most of the time... I had to uninstall A4 skyhawk and Aermacchi because of it. :'(

Anyway, this appart, why it take you so long while, from what i saw, you allready get something "flight ready". Or unless only 3D is done and all the FM still have to be done? :)

Can't wait to get that beast in flight... even if it don't get A/A i will gladly fly it beside Mig 21, Mig 19 and 29 (maybe by this time Mig 23 by razbam) just to make soviet formation flight :p