KA-50 RADAR Warning Receiver

Murey2

• 2 months later...

Not RWR, as the radar suite is only a feature in the Ka-52. There are no RWR antennas anywhere on the Ka-50.

But more importantly, it needs the missile launch warning system (IR sensors). Note their absence in the current model (as well as of the mounts for additional systems ahead of the wheels, which are featured in the Ka-52).

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

06.01.2021 в 06:45, Sh4rk сказал:

Not RWR, as the radar suite is only a feature in the Ka-52.

03.09.2020 в 23:28, Glimmer сказал:

I will say more, we don’t have relevant data which allow us to say that even RuAF Ka-52 has RWR, only Egyptian Ka-52K units has RWR sensors on fuselage.

06.01.2021 в 06:45, Sh4rk сказал:

image.png

What is "LWS"?

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

3 minutes ago, S.E.Bulba said:

What is "LWS"?

Laser Warning System

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

5 минут назад, Glimmer сказал:

Laser Warning System

I thought so… although personally I have always counted (and continue to count) them as antennas of the A-036A radio altimeter. 🙂

Скрытый текст

Original in Russian

Я так и подумал… хотя лично я всегда считал (и продолжаю считать) их антеннами радиовысотомера А-036А. 🙂

Just now, S.E.Bulba said:

I thought so… although personally I have always counted (and continue to count) them as antennas of the A-036A radio altimeter. 🙂

Hide contents

Original in Russian

Я так и подумал… хотя лично я всегда считал (и продолжаю считать) их антеннами радиовысотомера А-036А. 🙂

Так собственно радиовысотомер также тут указан)

So, radioaltimeter (doppler system) also is marked on the picture 🙂

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

16 минут назад, Glimmer сказал:

So, radioaltimeter (doppler system) also is marked on the picture 🙂

"DOPPLER"? The DISS-32-28 doppler system does not measure height AGL. 🙂

Скрытый текст

Original in Russian

20 минут назад, Glimmer сказал:

Так собственно радиовысотомер также тут указан)

«DOPPLER»? Доплеровский измеритель скорости и сноса ДИСС-32-28 не измеряет высоту над поверхностью. 🙂

52 minutes ago, S.E.Bulba said:

"DOPPLER"? The DISS-32-28 doppler system does not measure height AGL. 🙂

Reveal hidden contents

Original in Russian

«DOPPLER»? Доплеровский измеритель скорости и сноса ДИСС-32-28 не измеряет высоту над поверхностью. 🙂

Разве радиовысотомер не интегрирован в этот комплекс?

I thought radar altimeter is integrated to that system, no?

21 минуту назад, Glimmer сказал:

I thought radar altimeter is integrated to that system, no?

No, DISS is not a complex, but a system for continuous measurement of 3 components of the ground speed and drift angle of the helicopter, which in turn is a subsystem of the PNK-800 flight navigation system.

Скрытый текст

Original in Russian

21 минуту назад, Glimmer сказал:

Разве радиовысотомер не интегрирован в этот комплекс?

Нет, ДИСС – это не комплекс, а система непрерывного измерения 3-х составляющих путевой скорости и угла сноса вертолёта, которая в свою очередь является подсистемой пилотажно-навигационного комплекса ПНК-800.

1 minute ago, S.E.Bulba said:

No, DISS is not a complex, but a system for continuous measurement of 3 components of the ground speed and drift angle of the helicopter, which in turn is a subsystem of the PNK-800 flight navigation system.

Hide contents

Original in Russian

Нет, ДИСС – это не комплекс, а система непрерывного измерения 3-х составляющих путевой скорости и угла сноса вертолёта, которая в свою очередь является подсистемой пилотажно-навигационного комплекса ПНК-800.

Yea, exactly, Ka-50 has separate radar altimeter A-036A, you are right. 🙂

Да, точно, Ка-50 оборудован отдельным радиовысотометром A-036A. Ты прав. 🙂 https://domavia.ru/library_ati/detail/223698

image.png.

43 минуты назад, Glimmer сказал:

Yea, exactly, Ka-50 has separate radar altimeter A-036A, you are right. 🙂

Yes, the radio altimeter together with the ADF is included in the helicopter air navigation equipment, which in turn is part of the helicopter radio equipment.

@Sh4rk, see below under the spoiler the location of the LWS sensors of the Ka-50 helicopter.

Скрытый текст

Ka50-87forward.jpg

Ka50-88lateral.jpg

Ka50-88tail.jpg

Скрытый текст

Original in Russian

51 минуту назад, Glimmer сказал:

Да, точно, Ка-50 оборудован отдельным радиовысотометром A-036A. Ты прав. 🙂 https://domavia.ru/library_ati/detail/223698

Да, радиовысотомер совместно с радиокомпасом входят в аппаратуру вертолётовождения, которая в свою очередь является частью радиооборудования вертолёта.

@Sh4rk, см. ниже под спойлером расположение датчиков LWS вертолёта Ка-50.

• Thanks 1

see the Note below the announced AH-64. There you will see how all this time long they laughed on us...

Stop discussing about this new systems add. Ones Again this producer company ban every possible upgrade for everything can protect you or everything can you have against the current projects. And look what is the reasons... the Russians... We must mention every time old Migs and old Soviet hardware in general are freely reproduced possible and they keep telling people they don’t invest in that or this because the modern Russians stop them bla bla bla. Don’t waste your time on this software guys. They are laughing on us...

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

see the Note below the announced AH-64. There you will see how all this time long they laughed on us..

Not sure the Apache has Direction Infrared Countermeasure systems. At least not the version we're getting - think that's only passive. Older tech = can be implemented.

That's also assuming we get everything on the Longbow - entirely possible the US won't allow them full/enough access to the Longbow radar and the radar-guided Hellfire missiles.

For Black Shark tutorials, visit my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LgdvOGP3SSNUGVN95b8Bw

15 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

see the Note below the announced AH-64. There you will see how all this time long they laughed on us...

Stop discussing about this new systems add. Ones Again this producer company ban every possible upgrade for everything can protect you or everything can you have against the current projects. And look what is the reasons... the Russians... We must mention every time old Migs and old Soviet hardware in general are freely reproduced possible and they keep telling people they don’t invest in that or this because the modern Russians stop them bla bla bla. Don’t waste your time on this software guys. They are laughing on us...

mmm... if you didn't know, here in Russia we really have crazy military / government secret policy, just during last months parliament accepted new laws corrections there, and now it can hit the commercial companies / persons seriously, because if before you just didn't have access to most stuff but theoretically could get it by some another side, now you can be punished just for usage materials, which was designated like "secret" stuff, but you found them even in open net.

It's really sad, but it's a life.... Here need to be careful😞

Edited by Glimmer
  • Thanks 1