MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)

Cockpit view - black screen when facing forward

I've searched for this issue with no luck, so possible it is new (or just me!). I'm anxious to get this resolved and get this bird in the air!

When in the cockpit view, looking directly ahead is mostly black - I am unable to see anything (except for the highlighted button prompts when in the training scenarios - I can see the orange squares but nothing else). If I turn the view about 45 degree in any direction (left/right, up/down) - the screen is visible again to include the cockpit and scenery. I can look in any direction as normal but the screen will turn black again when looking back forward. There are no issues with any of the exterior views or angles, only inside the cockpit when looking straight ahead.

I have tried this both with the view switch on the keyboard and joystick as well as using FaceTrack noIR - all with the same results. I have removed the mod, redownloaded and reinstalled a few times with no luck either. All other DCS aircraft work fine, including the A4E Skyhawk mod (although, the screen does turn black on the A4 if I adjust the HUD/gun site brightness too low for some reason). It seems to only be the M339.

I appreciate any assistance... and many thanks in advance!

I've searched for this issue with no luck, so possible it is new (or just me!). I'm anxious to get this resolved and get this bird in the air!

When in the cockpit view, looking directly ahead is mostly black - I am unable to see anything (except for the highlighted button prompts when in the training scenarios - I can see the orange squares but nothing else). If I turn the view about 45 degree in any direction (left/right, up/down) - the screen is visible again to include the cockpit and scenery. I can look in any direction as normal but the screen will turn black again when looking back forward. There are no issues with any of the exterior views or angles, only inside the cockpit when looking straight ahead.

I have tried this both with the view switch on the keyboard and joystick as well as using FaceTrack noIR - all with the same results. I have removed the mod, redownloaded and reinstalled a few times with no luck either. All other DCS aircraft work fine, including the A4E Skyhawk mod (although, the screen does turn black on the A4 if I adjust the HUD/gun site brightness too low for some reason). It seems to only be the M339.

Sorry, any of the team have FacetrackNoIR/Opentrack/Freetrack to test this behaviour. Moreover those systems are not support by ED itself.

By the way a guy with Opentrack have managed to make it working, take a look if this can be of help:

My Opentrack and Delanclip works fine with the MB-339A. Including zoom in/out.

This is a good guide.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34403-a-complete-guide-to-set-up-head-tracking-opentrack/

The guide has one flaw. These settings below are set from inside OpenTrack NOT from inside CL-Eye as the guide states (I ignored every setting in CL-eye IIRC). It's the menu "Input->Camera Settings" in OpenTrack.

This particular settings is tremendously important, without settings Gain and Exposure, the camera work like shit (as in hardly at all). It focuses the IR dots.

TIAT8Fi.jpg

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Hi Automan.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I attach the crash log here.

Thanks again for your help.:thumbup:

Regards

Ok, about 2 months ago another guy manifested the same crashlog. We have added this to bugtracker to investigate further, but no promises, since any of the team was able to reproduce it.

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Sorry, any of the team have FacetrackNoIR/Opentrack/Freetrack to test this behaviour. Moreover those systems are not support by ED itself.

By the way a guy with Opentrack have managed to make it working, take a look if this can be of help:

Many thanks, Automan - I appreciate the info!

I have actually uninstalled the FaceTrack noIR in hopes it would solve my issue altogether but still no luck. The MB339 cockpit view straight ahead is still black until I move the view using either the keyboard or joystick hat switch about 45 degrees off center. I can see up/down, full left/right and all outside viewpoints without any problems - but when I come back center in the cockpit, the screen is black (except for the orange button/switch prompts in the training scenarios).

This issue isn't present in any of the other aircraft I have - only the MB339. :(

Many thanks, Automan - I appreciate the info!

I have actually uninstalled the FaceTrack noIR in hopes it would solve my issue altogether but still no luck. The MB339 cockpit view straight ahead is still black until I move the view using either the keyboard or joystick hat switch about 45 degrees off center. I can see up/down, full left/right and all outside viewpoints without any problems - but when I come back center in the cockpit, the screen is black (except for the orange button/switch prompts in the training scenarios).

This issue isn't present in any of the other aircraft I have - only the MB339. :(

Have you tried to re-assign track ir axis by copy configuration from another working aircraft?

Have you tried to re-assign track ir axis by copy configuration from another working aircraft?

Thanks for the idea but it didn't change the black screen issue. I tried deleting and reconfiguring the TrackIR axis for the MB339 in game using the settings from other aircraft. I also replaced the default.lua files in both the trackir and headtracker folders from other aircraft and even deleted those folders to see if that would help - still a black screen when looking forward.

I've attached some screenshots showing the view straight ahead and then the first moment when looking up/down, left/right when the graphics come back into view. In the forward view, you can see the instructional button highlight boxes but in some scenarios, labels from other units that are in front can also be seen but everything else is black.

Many thanks for your help!

Screen_200124_185204.thumb.png.cf49383e707d82ba061c06ef0484ecde.png

Screen_200124_185316.thumb.png.7e7f44d837e2c8fdf71f0a188d6d0817.png

Screen_200124_185309.thumb.png.68c40269666b902ee9d298cf25282b3b.png

Screen_200124_185329.thumb.png.f4eaec21d6a122335732df1df783b572.png

Screen_200124_185335.thumb.png.3bbbb1250ea040c694c7f2e252c87140.png

Thanks for the idea but it didn't change the black screen issue. I tried deleting and reconfiguring the TrackIR axis for the MB339 in game using the settings from other aircraft. I also replaced the default.lua files in both the trackir and headtracker folders from other aircraft and even deleted those folders to see if that would help - still a black screen when looking forward.

I've attached some screenshots showing the view straight ahead and then the first moment when looking up/down, left/right when the graphics come back into view. In the forward view, you can see the instructional button highlight boxes but in some scenarios, labels from other units that are in front can also be seen but everything else is black.

Many thanks for your help!

Make sure to remove also this folder:

C:\Users\*your user*\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\MB-339PAN\trackir

This brings axis to the default state.

Are you using FacetracknoIR with face recognition or with a clip?

In case you are using a clip you use also Opentrack , I use it without problems.

In case you are using a clip you use also Opentrack , I use it without problems.

I deleted the 'trackir' folder - and unfortunately, still no change. (although, I did get a 'trackir unplugged' and then a 'trackir plugged in' message when flying the A4 after deleting that file).

I was using FaceTracknoIR with just face recognition but have uninstalled that and don't use that any longer. I plan on purchasing a TrackIR 5 soon - hoping that works better than the FaceTrack which was VERY jittery no matter how I adjusted it. (the yellow face outline would always move even when I was still so assume that was causing the jitter. I tried various lighting to correct that but had no luck).

Many thanks with your help!

I plan on purchasing a TrackIR 5 soon - hoping that works better than the FaceTrack which was VERY jittery no matter how I adjusted it.

Yes, good idea. Just do your research whether you want the one with the TrackClip or the TrackClip Pro. The Pro clip I heard a guy in a vid (long time ago) breaks quite often but it has other advantages. I am personally using the normal clip but now the IR camera is prone to over-heating so I rigged up a redundant case fan to blow some air on it.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Yes, good idea. Just do your research whether you want the one with the TrackClip or the TrackClip Pro. The Pro clip I heard a guy in a vid (long time ago) breaks quite often but it has other advantages. I am personally using the normal clip but now the IR camera is prone to over-heating so I rigged up a redundant case fan to blow some air on it.

I'll probably get both and see which one works best for me! :) Until I get a computer which can handle VR, this seems to be the best alternative at this point. Thanks for your help!

I also deleted the A4E mod as I'd heard that it has caused issues with other mods - but still no luck. Pretty much at a loss now with that black screen when looking forward. I'll keep trying things and let you know if anything works on my end.

Thanks for your help!

Hello

We are an acrobatic team and we fly with the MB 339 first version (V1).

With the latest version (V2), there are a lot of differences even if this latest version fits better with reality:

- no possibility of setting the trim up or down on an axis (possible on the first version by modifying the file input.lua)

- but above all, much lower speeds for the same RPM:

RPM: 85 V2: 250 Kts V1: 310 Kts

RPM: 90 V2: 300 Kts V1: 400 Kts

RPM: 85 V2: 340 Kts V1: 480 Kts

RPM: 85 V2: 380 Kts V1: 590 Kts

With the V2 version, it is very difficult to regroup after aaerobatic presentation due to lack of power.

What parameters could I modify to find:

- the trim on the axes

- the same speeds on the current version as that of the first version

Thank you

FMJPA

Hello

We are an acrobatic team and we fly with the MB 339 first version (V1).

With the latest version (V2), there are a lot of differences even if this latest version fits better with reality:

- no possibility of setting the trim up or down on an axis (possible on the first version by modifying the file input.lua)

- but above all, much lower speeds for the same RPM:

RPM: 85 V2: 250 Kts V1: 310 Kts

RPM: 90 V2: 300 Kts V1: 400 Kts

RPM: 85 V2: 340 Kts V1: 480 Kts

RPM: 85 V2: 380 Kts V1: 590 Kts

With the V2 version, it is very difficult to regroup after aaerobatic presentation due to lack of power.

What parameters could I modify to find:

- the trim on the axes

- the same speeds on the current version as that of the first version

Thank you

FMJPA

Hi!

We didn't considered to place an axis on the trim because the MB339 has the trim on the switch on the stick.

The engine of this version has no a lack of power but it is modeled based on the real engine RR Viper data (we have the engine manual with all tables).

As advice, you should use a power from 85% and 95%, this will allow your wingman to rejoin without problems.

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali - EFM coder

Hi!

We didn't considered to place an axis on the trim because the MB339 has the trim on the switch on the stick.

The engine of this version has no a lack of power but it is modeled based on the real engine RR Viper data (we have the engine manual with all tables).

As advice, you should use a power from 85% and 95%, this will allow your wingman to rejoin without problems.

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali - EFM coder

thank you for your reply

The latest version of the MB 339 was most certainly built to conform to the real aircraft, but for our Team, the first version is much easier to fly in tight formation.

Too bad because the recent version has a lot of corrections, especially on taxiing, braking on the ground.

As we cannot include the new ground features on the first version, we will continue to fly on the first version until we find an aircraft that suits us perfectly.

Thank you for your wonderful work

Jean Pierre

thank you for your reply

The latest version of the MB 339 was most certainly built to conform to the real aircraft, but for our Team, the first version is much easier to fly in tight formation.

Too bad because the recent version has a lot of corrections, especially on taxiing, braking on the ground.

As we cannot include the new ground features on the first version, we will continue to fly on the first version until we find an aircraft that suits us perfectly.

Thank you for your wonderful work

Jean Pierre

Well, the mod changed from a SFM to a much improved EFM, making the MB-339 a joy to fly now. I think it's a matter of adapting to the new version and changing your doctrines (as in real military).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is not just you concerning MB-339 and Black Screen with Cockpit View.

To my surprise, a friend had a fresh Windows 10 and DCS 2.5.5 install with an OLDER AMD Radeon 6950 graphics card that I gave him. No other Windows programs installed.

The only 2 DCS modules installed were the Free A-4E Skyhawk and MB-339PAN.

NO TRACK IR/NOIR installed.

NO other DCS Modules installed except for what comes free with the DCS 2.5.5 download.

I have many paid modules and the A-4E and MB-339 and do not have the Black Screen in Cockpit view.

As a partial workaround for my friend, I reset the default F1 Cockpit View or SnapView.

I Can't remember what I did exactly, but it had something to do with snap views /default views.

Do a forum search or start with this:

Originally Posted by SkateZilla View in his Post

Once in Cockpit:

RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUMPAD / and * to move forward and backwards.

RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUMPAD Up(8 ), Down(2),Left(4), Right(6) to Move Camera Up, Down, Left, Right.

NUMPAD Up(8 ), Down(2) to rotate head up/down

NUMPAD Left(4), Right(6) to rotate head left/right

NUMPAD / and * to Zoom In/Out.

NUMPAD 5 To Reset Position

NUMPAD Enter to Reset Zoom

RALT+NUMPAD0 To Save as Default View/Position for This Aircraft.

Good luck; let me know if you have any other new information.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

It is not just you concerning MB-339 and Black Screen with Cockpit View.

To my surprise, a friend had a fresh Windows 10 and DCS 2.5.5 install with an OLDER AMD Radeon 6950 graphics card that I gave him. No other Windows programs installed.

The only 2 DCS modules installed were the Free A-4E Skyhawk and MB-339PAN.

NO TRACK IR/NOIR installed.

NO other DCS Modules installed except for what comes free with the DCS 2.5.5 download.

I have many paid modules and the A-4E and MB-339 and do not have the Black Screen in Cockpit view.

As a partial workaround for my friend, I reset the default F1 Cockpit View or SnapView.

I Can't remember what I did exactly, but it had something to do with snap views /default views.

Do a forum search or start with this:

Originally Posted by SkateZilla View in his Post

Once in Cockpit:

RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUMPAD / and * to move forward and backwards.

RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUMPAD Up(8 ), Down(2),Left(4), Right(6) to Move Camera Up, Down, Left, Right.

NUMPAD Up(8 ), Down(2) to rotate head up/down

NUMPAD Left(4), Right(6) to rotate head left/right

NUMPAD / and * to Zoom In/Out.

NUMPAD 5 To Reset Position

NUMPAD Enter to Reset Zoom

RALT+NUMPAD0 To Save as Default View/Position for This Aircraft.

Good luck; let me know if you have any other new information.

Many thanks for the suggestion, YSIAD_RIP!!! I managed to get the black screen to disappear after adjusting the Camera View Up a few times - it reappeared when I looked 'up' a few degrees but was able to get that to go away as well with a couple more Camera View Up adjustments! Looking forward to flying this beast when I get some spare time! Very kind of you to assist!!

I tested it all briefly with my new TrackIR 5 (with the ProClip) but the game kept freezing/crashing (which is the first time this has happened in the month of play since I got the TrackIR - it works great on the A4, F18, Su25, Su33 and P51 though so am very happy with it!). I will attempt to fly without it and see if that helps - and I'll attempt to troubleshoot by using settings from other aircraft.

I'll let you know how the flight goes without the TrackIR when I can.

Again, many thanks! I really do appreciate it!