Answer me this! Multi-target JDAM and JSOW

Silver Dart Sims

Kk so I’m pretty confident entering precise targets for multiple targets,, when my JDAMs are on separate pylons. But when using the pair of GBU-38s on the BRU-55, I can enter one PP but stepping doesn’t seem to give me any indication that it’s selected the second weapon on the pylon (or I’m blind). I’m blind right? I’ll be on later to test if it drop on two targets regardless.

You need to set up a PP1 and PP2 for each station. Make sure you set all stations to PP1 after you are finished entering coordinates. Once you pickle your PP1 targets you have to select PP2 before pickeling the other half of the bombs.

If this sounds wack look up red kites tutorial on YouTube as it will explain this much more clearly. :)

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Ok thanks for the redirect, Redkite had the PP update which was my problem answered in his tutorial. To summarize; the dual bomb rack (bru-55) that holds two jdams currently only acts as one station. In the future it should give the option to step from left weapon to right weapon acting as separate stations and allow dropping two jdams without selecting different PP targets.

When entering coordinates I usually have the Stores / JDAM page up on the Left DDI and the Stores page up on the Right DDI displaying which pylon is selected / being programmed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

The PP1/PP2 stuff is just a work around at the moment, eventually we'll be able to assign targets to each weapon as opposed to the current system of assigning targets to each pylon.

Yup! "L" and "R" will be displayed at some point. Allowing you to keep them all on PP1

Multiple JSOW’s on one target?

I’ve selected Qty and stations I want to use and either entered the coordinates or designated a waypoint. One will hit the target while the others just glide on by. I thought you could do this without entering the coordinates or waypoints for every single JSOW. Am I missing a step?

I’ve selected Qty and stations I want to use and either entered the coordinates or designated a waypoint. One will hit the target while the others just glide on by. I thought you could do this without entering the coordinates or waypoints for every single JSOW. Am I missing a step?

The method changed, you have to enter a PP1 for each station, then you can select all four stations and it'll drop four bombs on four targets when you pickle. If you want to carry 8, set a PP1 and PP2 for each station, and you'll need to manually change them all to PP2 after the first four have dropped.

So to switch to pp2 do i have to drop the 1st bomb per station prior to programming pp2 bombs? I would like to know how to prgm all 8 while in route. Like above i can step through the stations but how do i switch between pp1 and pp2?.

Thanks.

Dave

So to switch to pp2 do i have to drop the 1st bomb per station prior to programming pp2 bombs? I would like to know how to prgm all 8 while in route. Like above i can step through the stations but how do i switch between pp1 and pp2?.

Thanks.

Dave

Click MSN (mission) on Jdam page.

Select PP1 on mission page.

Enter coordinates for each station using step to cycle through each.

Select PP2

Enter coordinates for PP2 for each station making sure to select PP2 for all stations as you cycle through.

Set all stations back to PP1.

Pickle first 4 weapons.

For remaining bombs make sure you select PP2 after each pickle press as it will stay on PP1 by default.

This is going to change so personally after I did it this way once I decided to stick with 4 jdams max and wait until the stations are implemented properly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

This is going to change so personally after I did it this way once I decided to stick with 4 jdams max and wait until the stations are implemented properly.

Agreed. I understand now how to do it now by your instruction. But I'm with you; I'll wait till they update the "Step" to show each bomb. To much work. Plus dialing in 4 Coords takes up enough time lol.

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

Dave.