What would be the one non-fighter/non-ground attack WW2 module you would like to see?

Title. I'd like to see a strategic bomber of some sort, like the B-17(awesome multi crew potential). Maybe even a torpedo bomber if we get better ships. Other categories include:

• a transport aircraft,
  • a strategic heavy-bomber,
  • an artillery spotter,
  • a maritime patrol seaplane,
  • a reconnaissance aircraft,
  • a liaison aircraft,
  • etc., etc.

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

B-17 and the Lancaster would get my vote.

Unfortunately I doubt we will have a map that would satisfy its range.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I'd like a Fieseler Storch or Westland Lysander ... not really a fan of multicrew :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Lysander or L-4H Grasshopper or Auster MkV

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Dauntless was a good pick. I'd like a fully crewed large bomber one day but im not sure how they would fit, multiplayer is OK, but more than two seems a pipe dream. All very well asking for a fortress, but getting the crew would be tough. Any of the two ships with gunners would be good. The incoming mossie was always a favourite though. anything where the AI isn't a poor human substitute

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

+1 for Cub plus Tiger Moth and AT-6 as non attack/fighter planes though some of them with limited attack capacities.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

As much as I would really love to have a properly done DCS quality TBF/TBM, in the absence of a carrier to operate from, I would vote for a PBY-5A Catalina. I think that DCS could really do this justice, especially the challenge of making it amphibious. Add surface search radar with torpedoes or bombs and you would have an awesome Black Cat! Paired with the CSAR script it would make a terrific Search And Rescue plane. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As much as I would really love to have a properly done DCS quality TBF/TBM, in the absence of a carrier to operate from, I would vote for a PBY-5A Catalina. I think that DCS could really do this justice, especially the challenge of making it amphibious. Add surface search radar with torpedoes or bombs and you would have an awesome Black Cat! Paired with the CSAR script it would make a terrific Search And Rescue plane. :pilotfly:

Excellent proposal! Was also used by the British in the Atlantic right?

Edited by Vander