If you could have one WW2 fighter module not yet implemented, what would it be?

MobiSev

Fighter's please lol. There's another thread for bombers, etc.

Do F stand for Fighter ??

BTW in my straw poll thempest/typhoon is wining so far

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

One can only hope, it would be fantastic to have either one come to DCS.

I wonder if there is enough data available or if they will have a repeat of the Jug!

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

B-17F? lol i mean, i guess you could dogfight/gunship in it if you are really good haha

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

A Tempest and a TA152 would be a good choice, seeing as there are still arguments about how good either of them was.

Hawker Hurricane, preferably either a IIC so we can do night intruder operations with it.

http://www.rogerdarlington.me.uk/Hurricane.html

But Ill happily take any variant, particularly the ones as used by the Soviet Naval Aviation.

Bristol Beaufighter. Because it showed equal success in the Western and Pacific theatres. And who doesnt want to drop Torpedo's?

Hawker Sea Fury. It was issued on the last day of the war, so it just fits.

German? Well call me strange, but Id like some of the German nightfighters, such as the Me110, He219 or the Ju88. With a well modelled radar system, possible chaffing by RAF heavy bombers, it could be a really interesting subject.

Which variant of the TA152?

For night fighting I think the Mossie NF and Me110 or He219 would be a better choice?

Much as I love the Beaufighter the Mossie was a superior aircraft.

The night fighting would be a fascinating and rarely touched upon aspect of WWII.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Regarding the Sea Fury I think you are mistaking it with the Tempest II.

The sea fury was in operation in 1947 whilst the Tempest II which was essentially a pre naval version of the Fury was being on the verge of deployment in the Pacific when the ear ended.

Project IX Cockpit

Choice would be narrowed by needing a runnable prototype to take sounds from.

The Tempest is somewhat larger than the Fury, but yes despite being around for years the T2 didn't exactly get much action.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Choice would be narrowed by needing a runnable prototype to take sounds from.

The Tempest is somewhat larger than the Fury, but yes despite being around for years the T2 didn't exactly get much action.

The Typhoon project RB396 is the best hope, they expect to be airworthy in 2024.

Project IX Cockpit

Forget about peripheral planes with small numbers, no historical impact and that only nerds have heard about. They lack broad appeal. Not going to happen, if only because no flying survivors exist.

Here's a project that is doable, not that it should be of any priority. Just a thought about an 'easy' plane for some startup developer.

Tiger Moth. 250 still flying. No advanced systems to model. It was used as a RAF trainer. Funny, I read that it, like the Spitfire, has a very sensitive elevator.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• 2 weeks later...

Could you even get flight data from a Do335? sounds?

Same problem with an Uhu, unfortunately - night fighter duels between a NF Mossie & a 219 would have been fun, but we're going to struggle to even get a Ju88.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Bf 109 K-4 with elevator trim tabs!!!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Already a popular choice, I will also nominate the P-38. Used by multiple air forces in multiple theatres for many different roles. It would be a very versatile addition to DCS.

A personal favourite would also be a BoB Hurricane.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
reposting https://www.strawpoll.me/18808981

btw p-38 and typhoon/tempest 1st place so far

I voted P-38 because need a flyable medium bomber.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Skyraider.

Not realy a fighter, but:

- almost made it into WW2

- served in the Korean war

- served in Vietnam

- only aircraft that is said to have dropped a toilet in anger*

- carrier capable

- much more reasons

happy flying,

RR

*source

Edited by Roadrunner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

• 3 weeks later...
Skyraider.

Not realy a fighter, but:

- almost made it into WW2

- served in the Korean war

- served in Vietnam

- only aircraft that is said to have dropped a toilet in anger*

- carrier capable

- much more reasons

happy flying,

RR

*source

Well, that's not a fighter *or* a WW2 aircraft, so that's rather ruled itself out of this thread. I mean, would be a great thing to have ( I'd fly the heck out of it ), but it doesn't fit 1944-45 Western Europe :)

Ugh now I've watched a ton of Griffon Spit vids I don't know if I want a late Seafire, a Spit 14, or previous choices....

Edited by Richard Dastardly

Corsair for me. Others have mentioned it, but i want it so I can play the Bah Bah Blacksheep theme song every time I take it out for a spin! :) The siren, the snare drum, love it!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Corsair for me. Others have mentioned it, but i want it so I can play the Bah Bah Blacksheep theme song every time I take it out for a spin! :) The siren, the snare drum, love it!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=154611 That one?