How to use dedicated server(s) with Tacview real-time telemetry

Hi everyone,

DCS World dedicated server can be used with Tacview real-time telemetry, even if you have multiple instances running on the same computer.

First, ensure Tacview has been installed on each server. Copy-paste the contents of

C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\DCS\

to

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\YOUR_SERVER_NAME\

for each server.

Or, make sure your server name starts with DCS, for example you could call your server DCS.server1. Then re-run the Tacview installer and Tacview will install itself there. In a future release we will improve this so Tacview will automatically install in the dedicated servers' custom folders.

Secondly, access the

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\YOUR_SERVER_NAME\Config\options.lua 

file for each server and add this under plugins if its not there. ["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0 indicates real-time telemetry.

["plugins"] = {

["Tacview"] = {
		["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
		["tacviewClientTelemetryPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 0,
		["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
		["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = true,
		["tacviewHostTelemetryPassword"] = "",
		[b]["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,[/b]
		["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 600,
		["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
		["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
		["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
	},
},

If you need help just let me know and please attach your dcs.log file for each of your servers.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am conducting a standard installation of Tacview on my Dedicated Server. It does not appear to be generating the options.lua data or moving the Mods or Scripts folders into the DCS profile either. Is this a known issue? Also, is there a location like a discord or something that people can discuss these kinds of issues?

-System Specs are:

CPU: i9-9900K @ 4.9Ghz

M/B: Asus TUF z390 Gaming Plus

RAM: 32GB

Video Card: EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Hybrid Gaming (11G-P4-2384)

VR: Oculus Rift S

Controls: Warthog Stick & Throttle, TPR pedals, Streamdeck XL

• 3 weeks later...

I can connect to the Server Realtime Telemetry fine from the localhost, I can't connect to it outside of the system. That is both with the windows firewall enabled and disabled.

-System Specs are:

ok, worked it out. Apparently if you have an IPv6 address for the DCS Server, IPv4 will not allow the connection for TACView.

So, if you have IPv6 setup for your DCS Server you must connect using the IPv6 IP. (if you are on the same LAN as your Server)

Edited by OzDeaDMeaT

-System Specs are:

ok, worked it out. Apparently if you have an IPv6 address for the DCS Server, IPv4 will not allow the connection for TACView.

So, if you have IPv6 setup for your DCS Server you must connect using the IPv6 IP. (if you are on the same LAN as your Server)

Good info! Actually this is our first confirmation that IPv6 works with Tacview. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Setting up my first DCS dedicated server today. I'd like to use Tacview on it. I own an advanced license through Steam. This is installed on my DCS client which is a different PC. In order to install Tacview on my server must I purchase a 2nd license? Thank you.

Setting up my first DCS dedicated server today. I'd like to use Tacview on it. I own an advanced license through Steam. This is installed on my DCS client which is a different PC. In order to install Tacview on my server must I purchase a 2nd license? Thank you.

Hi,

Each license is "per workstation" or "per user" so if you are the only user of the license you may use it on multiple PC's.

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2020 at 7:15 AM, BuzyBee said:

Hi,

Each license is "per workstation" or "per user" so if you are the only user of the license you may use it on multiple PC's.

Hi, I am suspecting Tacview to be maxing my CPU (i7-7700K) on my DCS Server. Is there an easy way to temporarily disable Tacview for troubleshooting, wihtout uninstalling it? Thank you!

▀▄▀▄▀▄ DCS: Air Assault Operations ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Join the fight!

YouTube Channel