falling through ground in multiplayer

after the 2.5.5 update, when I get in an aircraft, Ill randomly fall through the ground. sometimes it happens during startup, and sometimes it won't happen until I go to land and I just fall through the runway during touchdown, and sometimes it won't happen at all. I have to leave the server and rejoin to correct. I know its not my connection cause I can still see other aircraft flying and see chat. I've seen some other people talk about this so I don't think its just me. I'm running the latest OB.

I’ve seen a few threads indicating perhaps a conflict with the Community A-4. May be worth a try to remove it. It worked for a couple of pilots in our wing that tested it today.

Edited by TonyG

Multi seat aircraft passengers tend to notice this a lot. Seems to be a desync type MP issue. Often triggered by "landing". Pilots can also "see" other planes going 200ft up and down in a yo-yo fashion as well without experiencing it themselves, or directly experience it (but i've only ever experienced it as a passenger and more commonly seen it on Harriers and Helicopters. It's been mentioned quite a lot, it was a popular bug with the Tomcat's popularity.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me, randomly in singleplayer sessions as well. I have some mods running (I know I should not for bug reporting. The mods used when me and my buddy experienced this (Alone in SP) and in SP were the Carrier Object Pack (Or whatever it is called) and the Range Targets mod. Experienced both when flying the F-18 and the F-14.

Getting this also using 2 x F-18's in Caucasus. Using Beta.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

I often get this with both A-10C and F-18C, particularly on the longer multiplayer missions. If I apply power once I am 'below ground level' I can climb out, overshoot and do a further approach - with the same result.

I do not, and never have had, the A-4 installed, so that cannot be the sole trigger. I do have a number of add-on aircraft installed through Saved Games. I also have Helios installed and a number of minor mods to allow export of displays - these are installed in the main game folder in a specific My-Mods folder, installed and uninstalled as required using JGGME.

Finally, in single player, I find the P-51 always falls through on initial start, or landing, and my other WW2 ac usually do the same (Spit, 190D and 109G).

I have submitted tracks of the P-51D, which is the most regular culprit, but have had no response to date.

Edited by flyco
Spelling and punctuation!!

Im having this issue in single player as well. I can take off, if I take too long starting my aircraft, I will eventually fall through the map. If I am airborne, I will be able to fly through the ground. In an airplane, I can fly through the ground undamaged, but in a helicopter I will lose my mast.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. This has not happened to me until after the most recent update on the OpenBeta. I was flying a MP mission on the Nevada map in the 476th NTTR mission and when I landed I went below ground level. The only MODS installed are the 476th Range Targets. I have flown this map/mission for years and this has never happened. It also happened to buddy who was flying at the same time. We could lookup and see the bottoms of the hangars at Groom Lake. We must have found the secret entrance to where they keep the aliens and UFO's

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Had this issue again twice this evening.

Took off in a MiG-21 in the PG map and crashed.

Spawned again, and fell through the ground.

Restarted DCS and made a successful flight (again with the MiG-21) and was even able to land.

After a hot refuel on the platform, I throttled up to start taxiing again, and fell through the ground.

After that, DCS crashed (a DXDiag crash report is on its way to ED).

Please fix this, it is making the game unplayable.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

i have trouble shooted, and for me the culprit appears to be the mod "WWII MOD COLLECTION (aircraft)".

once i removed these aircraft (although some seemed to be ok), this issue went away.

will have to do without until it is updated

(BTW, i have never used multi player. so this is for both single and multi)

• ED Team

If you are encountering this issue please remove all unofficial modifications

Run a cleanup and repair ( for stand alone dcs )

or verify game files ( for steam users )

Then retest with a clean / vanilla build

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2