Aerodynamics in Black Shark

amalahama

Hi! Ok, now I have a Q for Flight-Dynamics developers (Yo-yo..)

In a video of Knight of Skies, a WWI russian simulator in development, you can see how the core computes in real time the value of presure and velocity in each point of 3D space, regards only in the aerodynamics surface of the aircraft. So, you can, for example, "feel" the prop wash of an aircraft in front of you, or the turbulence wake of his wing.

My question is: In Black Shark,are the aerodynamics computed only in the heli surface or in all the space, so a Ka-50 next to our can "feel" our aerodynamic presence, in form of vortex rings etc...?

Regards!!!!!

Check this video. You might find some answers.

I'm not sure that answers the question - it shows the atmosphere acting on a stationary helicopter, but not the effects of that helicopter on the atmosphere.

AFAIK Lomac and FC treat the atmosphere as uniform for all aircraft - hence no tip vortices or jetwash to fly into. It'd affect ground effect too . . . but then I think that's scripted even for the Su25T.

I don't know if it's a change that could be made for Black Shark. Besides, the last thing BS needs is that many more CPU cycles . . . .

I've seen both and it doesn't explain if only specific body airflow is calculated (rotor blade, wing, projectile etc.) or if whole atmosphere dynamics or at least atmosphere in closest proximity of the body is also calculated in real time.

I think that some atmospheric perturbation model would be very useful for a heli sim, because some effects, like LTE (well, LTE is only applied for tail rotor helo, so maybe in BS is not so important) and Vortex Ring fall (which the heli is introduced in the "prop wash" that himself have generated) are difficult to model properly without these sort of techniques.

Some simulators, like X-plane and Condor Soaring simulator has some kind of atmospherics simulation done, and the next title Knight of the Skies is really surprising the effects seen - you can see the smoke to dissolve when the airplane overpass on top.

Regards!!!

There's never been any aerodynamic wake modeled in Lock On. That is why it is so easy to fly close formations behind heavy planes, or even under the helicopter :) When high performing quad-cores will be natively supported by ED's engine, then we can think about asking for that ;) Right now, better don't do it ;)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Hi! Ok, now I have a Q for Flight-Dynamics developers (Yo-yo..)

In a video of Knight of Skies, a WWI russian simulator in development, you can see how the core computes in real time the value of presure and velocity in each point of 3D space, regards only in the aerodynamics surface of the aircraft. So, you can, for example, "feel" the prop wash of an aircraft in front of you, or the turbulence wake of his wing.

My question is: In Black Shark,are the aerodynamics computed only in the heli surface or in all the space, so a Ka-50 next to our can "feel" our aerodynamic presence, in form of vortex rings etc...?

Regards!!!!!

FYI.. The gentleman that developed the advanced flight dynamics for the SU-25T, Ann Petrovic is the same man who now works for GT (KOTS) in the same capacity.. And as far as I know the AFD system that he developed for Flaming Cliffs is also being used in BS...

As far as I'm concerned the Russian Game developers are the best in the world..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR