LOMAC and Patches.

sb55mv

Hi,

my first post here, so please be gentle with me :shock:

I bought LOMAC when it first came out, but, like so many was somewhat disappointed with the performance, eg, Matt Wagner did not mention at the flight sim show in Birmingham that the display of LOMAC that we watched there was running on a dual processor based system, :oops: no wonder we had issues with ours, :evil: even at that time my system was a P4 3.06ghz HT CPU, with 800mhz fsb, and a ASUS IC7 Max III mobo, and 1024mb of Corsair Extreme RAM that was 4100 speed, and yet it did not run very smoothly, so I got rid of it from my system. :cry:

now though, I want to try it again and see what differences the two patches have made to the sim, so can someone please tell me if the issues have been sorted out yet, and exactly which ones I need please

I have the UK version of LOMAC with no patches whatsoever downloaded yet.

and, if I am correct, I have heard that a 1.1 patch may be in the pipeline, but that we will have to pay for it! :shock:

is this true? :cry:

thanks for any help guy's.

Steve.

[/img]http://www.sstsim.com/images/conc_capt_ba.jpg

ABIT IC7 MAX3 800MB FSB

1024MB Corsair Extreme

Hercules 9800Pro Graphics card 128MB.CAT 4.10

Swiftech CPU/GPU Blocks on a Hydor L30 Pump on a Black Ice Extreme II Radiator

The current version is 1.02. You should try the direct 1.00 -> 1.02 patch route (not the 1.00 -> 1.01 -> 1.02). I think it improved performance for some people, but not across the whole range of systems. Personally I never had serious performance problems with Lock On with either version, so I can't comment on that too well ;)

1.1 will be an addon that contains various new features along with a new flyable plane (the Su-25T), so no it won't be for free. From what I understand there is no decision yet whether any fixes from the 1.1 version will also be made available for free download.

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

One of the developers (Chintz?) posted previously on the UBI forum that improvements to the core game included in 1.1 would be available as a separate patch (1.03?) for users who don't buy 1.1. Havn't seen anythig since that changes that.

Asus Prime B450-Prime, Ryzen 5 2600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX5700XT, 16 GB DDR 4 32000. HOTAS X56 Rhino

Re: LOMAC and Patches.

even at that time my system was a P4 3.06ghz HT CPU, with 800mhz fsb, and a ASUS IC7 Max III mobo, and 1024mb of Corsair Extreme RAM that was 4100 speed, and yet it did not run very smoothly, so I got rid of it from my system. :cry:

:roll:

Check your system, mate. There never was a 3.06 GHz P4 with FSB 800 MHz, only with 533 MHz.

Corsair 4100 ?

:wink:

-------------------------------------------------------

Space reserved for signature.

-*-*-*-*-*-*--*-*-*-*--*-*-*-*-*-*-***-*-*-*-*-

Re: LOMAC and Patches.

even at that time my system was a P4 3.06ghz HT CPU, with 800mhz fsb, and a ASUS IC7 Max III mobo, and 1024mb of Corsair Extreme RAM that was 4100 speed, and yet it did not run very smoothly, so I got rid of it from my system. :cry:

:roll:

Check your system, mate. There never was a 3.06 GHz P4 with FSB 800 MHz, only with 533 MHz.

Corsair 4100 ?

:wink:

yep, you were right, it's a 3.40 P4, buggered if I know what happened there, but it is 800 fsb, it says so on the Intel Box. and the RAM is 4400, not 4100, my mistake again, it's been a long day, well, thats my excuse anyway.

PS, heres a direct quote from the Intel website.

L2 Cache 1MB 512KB, 1MB 256KB, 512KB, 1MB

Clock Speed 2.80 to 3.60 GHz 2.40 to 3.40 GHz 1.30 to 2.80 GHz

Front Side Bus 800 MHz 800 MHz 400, 533 MHz

Chipset

800 MHz system bus Intel® 925XE Express**, 925X Express, 915G Express, 915GV Express, 915P Express chipsets Intel® 875P, 865PE, 865G, 865GV, and 848P chipsets

and from what I have red so far, the patch hasen't really done that much, and I certainly will not be paying for something that will fix a program that is still not completly playable without problems, even though it was a few years behind.

[/img]http://www.sstsim.com/images/conc_capt_ba.jpg

ABIT IC7 MAX3 800MB FSB

1024MB Corsair Extreme

Hercules 9800Pro Graphics card 128MB.CAT 4.10

Swiftech CPU/GPU Blocks on a Hydor L30 Pump on a Black Ice Extreme II Radiator

ED...anything is more than wellcome

I installed LockOn on a system as you can see in my signature.

Patched to v.02.

Run it at 1600X1200 - 4AA-4AF.

All settings default (quite high).

All I can say ... WOW.

Never crashed on me (yet).

Very good framerates (believe it or no).

This is THE best looking flightsim I EVER saw.

Sense of speed and situational awareness is awesome.

BUT... I pitty people with lower end systems.

I WILL upgrade just to be able to play LockOn even better (AMD 4000+)

will all options on MAX.

I truly hope a new Patch will get out. However, Performance is OK AFAIK if one takes into account just how unbelievably great LockOn looks.

I truly DO NOT understand those people whining about subtle things.

If LockOn abends I think 99% chance it is YOUR system setup, not LockOn.

Perfection does not exist, but Lockon sure comes close to it !

Most of all.. I hope to ever get my hands on those 2 CD's with v1.1.

Don't mind paying quite some money for it (even 100USD), but I am reluctant to use my credit card to get it (never knowing wether it will actually arrive at my home).

Oh, I wish we could simply buy it worldwide.

Maybe at a (flight-sim) show ??

I don't like Ubisoft for what they have done.

Thanks ED !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

BTW.... I bought 2 copies of LockOn.

Just to be able to give one to a friend (best gift ever)!

LockON is IT !

AMD 3500+ - GF6800GT - 1GB RAM low tatency - MSI NEO2 PLatinum

20" BENQ S-IPS TFT 1600X1200 - 32 bit color

As I said, for some people the 1.02 patch brought lots of improvements, for some not, and some didn't even need them regarding performance. Can't actually hurt checking it out personally before drawing conclusions about it.

Otherwise if you don't like Lock On anyway, then indeed 1.1 will probably not change this, and there's not much reason to buy it in that case. It's a great addition, but not a totally new game.

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team