DCS OPEN BETA Installation

kmw072671

Hi Guys, couple questions....

I have DCS stable version installed on my C drive, I just installed Open Beta on my D drive and it used 100 GB of space!! That's a lot of space, are there any files that can be deleted or cleaned up to get back disk space? I noticed it copied a lot of files from my C drive copy of DCS.

How long does it take for 2.5.5 beta to make its way into the stable version? Trying to decide to keep the Open Beta or remove for more disk space? Or, should I just remove the stable version from my C drive and only use the Open Beta version?

I'm looking for best practices to help on used disk space, between the C and D drive installations I'm using like 150 GB of space!!

Either use the Stable version or the Open Beta one. Having both does not really pay off. Which one you want to you use is up to you. Both of them will end up having the same disk usage after a week since the stable version is usually the same version as the open beta one after an update.

By the way, my open beta install uses 164Gb.

Use SkateZilla's update utility and then it is very easy to switch between the two (only having one installed at a time)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi Guys, couple questions....

I have DCS stable version installed on my C drive, I just installed Open Beta on my D drive and it used 100 GB of space!! That's a lot of space, are there any files that can be deleted or cleaned up to get back disk space? I noticed it copied a lot of files from my C drive copy of DCS.

How long does it take for 2.5.5 beta to make its way into the stable version? Trying to decide to keep the Open Beta or remove for more disk space? Or, should I just remove the stable version from my C drive and only use the Open Beta version?

I'm looking for best practices to help on used disk space, between the C and D drive installations I'm using like 150 GB of space!!

Hi kmw072671 I recently just did the same. Quick question did your DCS modules auto install into the open beta when it grabbed files from your stable without you using the module manager in the Open beta?

Edited by Proteuswave

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.

Hi kmw072671 I recently just did the same. Quick question did your DCS modules auto install into the open beta when it grabbed files from your stable without you using the module manager in the Open beta?

Yes it did, my open beta used 100 GB which included all the modules.

I decided to uninstall both versions and now only have the open beta installed on my C drive for use.

New question, I'm trying to use Skatezilla's GUI utility but it can not find a DCS installation??

You need to go to the Application Settings screen (2nd button from right) and then point it at your installation and at the saved games

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal